Notices
ECU Flash

Anyone logging boost with JDM MAP on Tephra V7

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2009, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone logging boost with JDM MAP on Tephra V7

How to log boost with Tephra V7? I do not see the tables and address to log boost for 9653 ROM on the original MRFred thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...tructions.html

Is anyone logging boost on JDM3Bar MAP with Tephra v7? Can anyone post the tables and values required to setup boost log on 9653?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
With 9653, its already ready to log the JDM MAP. You just have to install and log with evoscan.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

The only changes you need to make to are in the logger. The 96530006 rom is ready to go, as is.

d
Old Nov 21, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donour
The only changes you need to make to are in the logger. The 96530006 rom is ready to go, as is.

d
Changes dont even have to be made in the logger, as EVOscan 2.5+ have the JDM MAP logging info by default (cept you have to set for your elevation)
Old Nov 21, 2009, 02:10 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Really?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7731506-post1094.html

Totally required a new thread for a question answered a ton of times already in the thread that is on the subject. (....and the original thread)
Old Nov 22, 2009, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Whats the point of keep clogging the original v7 thread. Now it is almost impossible to look for info on that thread unless you have nothing else to do than spend hours looking on the web.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racer135
Whats the point of keep clogging the original v7 thread. Now it is almost impossible to look for info on that thread unless you have nothing else to do than spend hours looking on the web.
+1

When these threads about mods get big, its can be hard to find a solution to an issue.

You can use the "search this thread" feature, but you dont always find what your looking for.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 11:58 AM
EvoM Community Team

Instead of this where relevant information is spread out in harder to find areas that don't follow a topic, and clogs up any other search you want to do with a bunch of crap.

....and you already "clogged" that thread with it, and it had already been answered in that thread (and at least 2 of the other TephraMod threads) a ton of times. I guess what I'm saying is thanks for making life harder for everyone else to save yourself a couple of minutes. The general reason it is so hard to find things is because people post questions that have already been answered many times.

The search feature is really not *THAT* hard to use. I guess the "push the knowledge out and the crap in" feature is probably more fun anyway.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
Instead of this where relevant information is spread out in harder to find areas that don't follow a topic, and clogs up any other search you want to do with a bunch of crap.

....and you already "clogged" that thread with it, and it had already been answered in that thread (and at least 2 of the other TephraMod threads) a ton of times. I guess what I'm saying is thanks for making life harder for everyone else to save yourself a couple of minutes. The general reason it is so hard to find things is because people post questions that have already been answered many times.

The search feature is really not *THAT* hard to use. I guess the "push the knowledge out and the crap in" feature is probably more fun anyway.
Is this all directed at me??
Old Nov 22, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Is this all directed at me??
No, I don't think so, just general frustration with the lack of effort most people are willing to put in, and the same questions being asked over and over, which gets tiring after a while and ends up burying all the useful info.

It would be nice if this original thread with the new V7 update had been created with restrictions on who could post in it e.g. limit it to all the usual suspects like tephra, mrfred, phenem, MalibuJack, recompile, fostytou etc., so the thread contained only useful info instead of the all the useful info being buried in a haystack of jibber jabber ... and then a second thread had been created (like was done later) to help people solve issues ... that way all of the pertinent info would have been in one easy to find place, without needing to read anything extra; but users still would have had a separate thread to help them solve issues without cluttering the main thread.

P.S. And maybe have a FAQ (with links, where applicable) in the main thread, so when people ask a question that has already been asked before, responders could just refer them to a specific FAQ# instead of having to explain things all over again.

Last edited by SoCal Rally; Nov 22, 2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoCal Rally
No, I don't think so, just general frustration with the lack of effort most people are willing to put in, and the same questions being asked over and over, which gets tiring after a while and ends up burying all the useful info.

It would be nice if this original thread with the new V7 update had been created with restrictions on who could post in it e.g. limit it to all the usual suspects like tephra, mrfred, phenem, MalibuJack, recompile, fostytou etc., so the thread contained only useful info instead of the all the useful info being buried in a haystack of jibber jabber ... and then a second thread had been created (like was done later) to help people solve issues ... that way all of the pertinent info would have been in one easy to find place, without needing to read anything extra; but users still would have had a separate thread to help them solve issues without cluttering the main thread.

P.S. And maybe have a FAQ (with links, where applicable) in the main thread, so when people ask a question that has already been asked before, responders could just refer them to a specific FAQ# instead of having to explain things all over again.
I understand the frustration. I dont think limiting posting to ECU gurus will help.

I think what needs to happen is the first post of important threads need to be updated with all the important information in the thread.

ie. the V7 thread should be updated with all the problems people are having and the fixes. Also things like the fact that the 9653 ROM is already ready for logging a JDM/EVO X MAP sensor.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 08:52 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by SoCal Rally

Correct, the comment was more directed at racer135 and that general crowd

I agree with most of this....

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
I understand the frustration. I dont think limiting posting to ECU gurus will help.

I think what needs to happen is the first post of important threads need to be updated with all the important information in the thread.

ie. the V7 thread should be updated with all the problems people are having and the fixes. Also things like the fact that the 9653 ROM is already ready for logging a JDM/EVO X MAP sensor.
However i think that limiting posting to "guru's" would not help. We need a wide testing base of people to bring up the little interesting problems that happen. Unfortunately many people aren't willing to put in the same effort, courtesy, or etiquette and just like driving in traffic something that could go smooth gets all screwed up. It is incredibly frustrating.

While a better FAQ might be nice, I almost can't picture people even reading it at this point. So many of the questions that are posted here have literally been answered within the first two pages of forum listings (or even in the first post of their topic), but it seems like people have trouble identifying where to even start looking. Aside from all that, I don't have time to start setting up a FAQ right now, but I'd be glad if someone else would in the stock ECU wiki (if you think it would help).
Old Nov 23, 2009, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Nevermind

Last edited by racer135; Nov 23, 2009 at 05:01 PM.