Notices
ECU Flash

Break-thru: Reading ACD ECU with EcuFlash

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is the problem? I have problem with a RA ECU K1.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...1&d=1307996435
Attached Thumbnails Break-thru: Reading ACD ECU with EcuFlash-acd_problem.jpg  
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by burgers22
Attached is a diagram I used to connect up the flashing cable. I got the ECU plugs from an old loom, this was cut about 10" I had to cut one of the spare connectors out to use for the lead coloured yellow. I then used some simple cable crimp connectors to connect the OBD II female to the cigarette lighter adapter and to the ECU plugs. I had to use an ohm meter to locate the correct wires on the ODB II conector.

ODB II Female

Cigarette lighter
can some one tell me is that the view from the back of the adc plugs (ie were the pins go in)
just wont to be 100%
Old Oct 6, 2011, 01:43 PM

I have done It !!!! THANK YOU lan_evo_mr9 for the harness. I HAVE FLASHED MY ACD ON MY EVO 9 MR. IT WORKS !!!

From what i have learned and people are not sharing much on this topic, is the maps.

ACD G FORCE Pump Pressure- the numbers from 0.0 to 4.0 is voltage talked about in the EVO7 Service Manuel. 0.0 to 4.0 is Deceleration FORCE to Acceleration FORCE. Actually we only use 1.0 to 4.0 according to the EVO 7 Manuel

Acceleration 1.0-1.5-2.0-2.5-3.0-3.5-4.0 Deceleration G voltage
Acceleration 1.5-1.0-0.5-0.0-0.5-1.0-1.5 Deceleration G force

Computer
Screen 0.0-0.6-1.2-1.6-1.9-2.3-2.6-3.0-3.7-4.0 G Voltage

but you have to use the slots given for now. Use the GRAPH option and some paper at home to break it down by making your own little charts before plotting.

As for the map it self in the plots, look at the tarmac g-force map and snow g-force map

you have 0-0-0-0-0-2-5-6-20-20 for tarmac

and 0-0-0-0-0-6-13-20-59-59 for snow

this is ramp angles in revers! just subtract 60 on paper. So tarmac actually reads
60-60-60-60-60-58-55-54-40-40 Ramp angle

snow actually reads
60-60-60-60-60-54-47-40-1-1 Ramp angle

THINK: 2 way diff 60/60.... 55/55.....
1.5 way diff 55/35..... 45/20....
1.0 waydiff 45/5.... 45/0....

This is how the reaction time changes because its max ramp reaction at 60 or slow ramp reaction at 1 after subtracting.

On the computer screen it will be 0 max ramp reaction and 59 slow ramp reaction.

Now you have an Acceleration map and a Deceleration map just like a 1.5 diff has an Acceleration Side and Deceleration Side but the ACD changes the ramps electronically depending on speed and G Force.

I am not saying ACD has RAMP angles, I believe its just simulating it.

So when the plots are around 5-6-20-20 on tarmac, that means the diff reaction ramps are slower then 0. We can actually feel the under-steer of the "6" and first "20" on hard braking or step down hill which is for traction and safety.

!!!!Be careful on playing with these numbers, people have gone into a drift and not been able to get out of it!!!

Keep some safety at 3.7voltage and/or 4.0voltage which is 1.2g and 1.5g Deceleration-G

On ACD LOCKUP %. it should be ACD SLIP%
100% is FREE SLIP
0% is no slip (or FUll LOCK)

just like a 1.5 diff can have ramps of 55/20 Accel side and Decel side with 100% lock or 60% look or street friendly 30% lock. The numbers are revers as well, NOT as "Lock" but "SLIP"!

We need slip for safety as well.

IF you are full lock at 0 on g-force map and 0 (no slip) on the lockup% map. This will become more of a reason why people well go full drift and not be able to get out of it.

If you have full grip tires, suspension and full lock ACD and a hand full of power, this is more of a reason why BLOW PUMPS!!!

Steering is Angle and Time together vs speed but I am still testing on this. IT is just a theory of mine.

LOG if you can.

My Window7 laptop sucked, i had to find a way to flash in my house with my home comp that had Windows VISTA. IT worked Instantly. People should try to PM lan_evo_mr9 .He helped me with some wire harness that he made to get everything connected. Its SIMPLE

Have fun, drive safe and be warned. Flash at your own risk!!!!

Last edited by Malocas; Oct 6, 2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 02:17 PM

ACD TRICK!!!!

I forgot to add a trick that I ran into before I got to flash the ACD ECU.

IF you put your car on your drive way or some Rhino Ramps with the nose pointing up ( nose has to point up). Disconnect the ACD ECU (no power), wait 25 seconds. Connect it back on and turn on your car. Now you can roll out and drive.

Either the ACD ECU resets

!!!OR!!!

When you connect the ACD and turn on your car. The ACD ECU Thinks! you are on a flat surface. The g force will be pointing 10-20 degrees off towards the back, so it will think that you are accelerating much more sooner and you can feel more push on throttle. Plus it is safe because if the ACD ECU is stock so it will STILL have the safety margin in the ECU.

Before flashing this trick was fun. Its another theory of mine but i smiled and i didn't do much!!!

DRIVE SAFE. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Old Oct 7, 2011, 01:20 AM
sba
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Malocas

A
you have 0-0-0-0-0-2-5-6-20-20 for tarmac

and 0-0-0-0-0-6-13-20-59-59 for snow

this is ramp angles in revers! just subtract 60 on paper. So tarmac actually reads
60-60-60-60-60-58-55-54-40-40 Ramp angle

snow actually reads
60-60-60-60-60-54-47-40-1-1 Ramp angle

THINK: 2 way diff 60/60.... 55/55.....
1.5 way diff 55/35..... 45/20....
1.0 waydiff 45/5.... 45/0....
But why 60? Why did you substract 60 from the A maps?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Just saw this topic is here again and wanted to tell a little bit about results we got by tuning ACD. First thanks to "sba" for helping us out with this and by modifying our settings! Car was simply great on track with tuned ACD. Understeering we felt with stock settings was gone and car just has more push from the rear but it is not oversteering if you know what I mean, it just feels better and it is faster when measured some lap times.

This mod is good improvement over stock but everybody be carefull not blowing your pumps or anything else
Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by sba
But why 60? Why did you substract 60 from the A maps?

Because on a 2 way diff or 1.5 way diff a 60 degree ramp is more commonly used as an aggressive ramp angle (japan LSD sittings).

on the snow g-force when you subtact 60 from 59, its 1 like on the
"flat side (deceleration side)" of a 1 way diff, which is an "open working diff while decelerating".

Instead of plotting 59 you could plot something higher like 70, 90, 100 but the reaction time would be much more slower, the ACD will be far more open. Once the car's wheels make a turn, the front wheels will tend to make a larger travel arc then the rear wheels. A lot of the power will be free to go to the front wheels, which no one wants.

when we lock the the rear wheels to travel the same speed of the front wheels then all we are doing is making the rear wheel's arc over lap or over run the front wheel's arc. Which feels like the rear stick's out more then stock.

"Its just an idea."

That is how I am seeing it, which has been working for me. Working from a range of 0 to 59 can just be a way of seeing it. Most likely people will play around 0 to 20 for dry events anyways.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Malocas,

You are on the right track for sure....making it a bit more complicated than needs to be, but nothing wrong with that

You are also correct about the table names... if you examine some other bin files and xml's, you will notice that the tables are named different on the axis's. Some make more sense than others for sure. The G-force maps in our files are named tps in others. So the axis's are tps and acd lock%- this makes more sense to me and is easier to soak into the brain.

Thanks for the shout-out, I appreciate it. By the way, I have a track day with extensive testing coming up in a week with CBRD. Check out ACD-Tuning.com - that's me.
We will be testing 3 evo's with different setups from mild to wild. Chad and I will be posting results after the track day to show that this stuff is no joke.

Matt
Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

has any one got any maps for a evo7 whit adc and ayc i could try out or even some screen shots
im getting abit of under steer whit the set up i have
im get a rear arb next week hoping this might help too
thanks
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Well I've not really got round the issue of being able to cross reference the maps to the code despite trying to follow Acumas's help. I can see that maps are repeated in two segments, but am making no progress in getting these to line up with any code

For example, in the JDM Evo 7 AYC ROM, the main AYC map is at seg000:2196 ( 3d map indicator) and also at seg001:12196 but no amount head scratching has helped.

Anyone like to assist an old flasher in this task?

Originally Posted by acamus
The references are for manual go thru as of now, I have not had enough time to create some reasonable script. The problem is that references are 24bit values.

e.g. axis

mov:i.w #0x3454:16, fp
mov:i.w #0x3464:16, r5

press Ctrl+R while having cursor at 0x3454, select OFF32 radio button in Enter reference information dialog, select correct base either 0x10000 or 0x20000. Press OK.

You should get
mov:i.w #(unk_13454 - off_10000):16, fp
mov:i.w #(unk_13464 - off_10000):16, r5

Yes there are a lot of 2D maps that play role in the output.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been logging proportioning valve voltage to the ACD for some time now seeing the 1-4v actuation. This theory you have about the Accel / Decel values corresponding to a 1.5way diff is very impressive, it finally sheds a little light on how the ACD is setup to function.

We have the tables and numbers, but theory driving the tables is the key to safely tuning it. There is so much written on LSD's and their function, and it seems like Mitsu emulated these concepts to create a logic for how the ACD should function. Very significant theory!

I wonder if these theory can be translated to the AYC, meaning the AYC functionality is similar to how a 1.5way mechanical LSD would work?

Anyone got a wiring diagram for a harness / xml for the Evo X yet? I'd love to be able to look at these tables in EcuFlash.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:23 AM
sba
Evolving Member

Hello guys,

It's been a while!

I'd like to know how many of you are really interested in this ACD tuning and how, or how do you see it happening?

I'm pretty upset that the interest is much smaller compared with my expectations.

I'm waiting for some answers if possible.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

It maybe a little obvious to say, but I'm interested. I'd love to get some patches for the code, like individual AYC maps for each switch position, and maybe more than three settings, like the Motec which has five, should be plenty of room in the ROM for more code.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sba
Hello guys,

It's been a while!

I'd like to know how many of you are really interested in this ACD tuning and how, or how do you see it happening?

I'm pretty upset that the interest is much smaller compared with my expectations.

iv been looking into this for along time and really like what it could do to the car
but im finding it hard to under stand the the adc maps , the ayc is easy

there is not alot of info out there about it as not alot are doing it
i cant get my car (evo7 jdm) to log so not sure what to do next
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by sba
Hello guys,

It's been a while!

I've been interested since the start of this thread. But I still need to find ACD connectors to reflash. Its not easy to go through this whole thread though to find out how to do this. It would be much easier if some organized all the info here into a walkthrough and had links to the xml and .hex files needed (like tephra does). Otherwise it takes hours of scowering this thread to find the info.

Quick Reply: Break-thru: Reading ACD ECU with EcuFlash