Notices
ECU Flash

Computer reloaded, now can't read/flash

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Computer reloaded, now can't read/flash

I just had a bunch of work done to my computer and now it seems as if I am missing the usb driver for ecuflash. It worked before, I had to reinstall the usb driver for evoscan and it works now. Did the same for ecuflash and no go, I even tried to reinstall ecuflash and nothing. I do get the light show on the cable so I assume the connectivity is ok. My "read/test write/write" buttons don't light up.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rstchris
I just had a bunch of work done to my computer and now it seems as if I am missing the usb driver for ecuflash. It worked before, I had to reinstall the usb driver for evoscan and it works now. Did the same for ecuflash and no go, I even tried to reinstall ecuflash and nothing. I do get the light show on the cable so I assume the connectivity is ok. My "read/test write/write" buttons don't light up.

If the buttons do not light up then it is not seeing your ECU, When it is connected correctly to the ECU then you will be able to click on those buttons. Do you see your cable show up in the lower right hand corner of ECUflash? Did you reboot in between the uninstall of ecuflash and the reinstall? There are several things that it could be. But you want to make sure that your computer sees your cable, (check device manager under ports it should be listed) and that ecuflash sees it when its open. We can trouble shoot it further if we know this info. Check your device manager, and tell us what ecuflash shows in the lower right hand corner.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

I did restart after reinstalling the usb driver/ecuflash both. The computer does know that the cable is plugged in as it makes the sound but I think evoscan is the only program to use the cable properly. I will check device mgr after work and see if anything looks strange. The "read" button should light up even w/out being plugged into the car right?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, in Device Mgr my 2.0 cable is set up as a "pass through vehicle interface" and stated to be "working properly". I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the drivers from ecuflash with no success. On the botton right of ecuflash program it says "no vehicle interface" with or without the cable being plugged into the car and computer. It seems that the drivers from ecuflash works for evoscan. Any other ideas?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 05:09 AM

ok Good info, So inside of device manager you had it listed as "pass through vehicle interface". This is goood this means the drivers are working. So you need to go into the options of ECUflash and make sure what ever port number that "pass through vehicle interface" is using in device manager matches what ecuflash is set to use. The reason it works in EVOscan. is because evoscan automaticly checks all the ports for an interface. ECUflash you have to point it directly to the port.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Just as extra info, the 2.0 cables crash a lot (have their own processor in the plug). Mine goes through phases of working and not working. I've tried everything from a full reinstall of everything of the drivers and ecuflash, to a full reformat of my tuning laptop. I've also done a manual registry clean. None if worked.

My cable works fine with EvoScan, but has only worked for ecuflash a couple times, and randomly at that. As in it worked two days ago just fine for several flashes, then after no changes to anything what so ever, it wouldn't work yesterday.

To circumvent this, I have two versions of ecuflash, 1.29 for flashing with my 1.3 cable, and 1.42 for editing my v7 map.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by F0RSAKEN
Just as extra info, the 2.0 cables crash a lot (have their own processor in the plug). Mine goes through phases of working and not working. I've tried everything from a full reinstall of everything of the drivers and ecuflash, to a full reformat of my tuning laptop. I've also done a manual registry clean. None if worked.

My cable works fine with EvoScan, but has only worked for ecuflash a couple times, and randomly at that. As in it worked two days ago just fine for several flashes, then after no changes to anything what so ever, it wouldn't work yesterday.

To circumvent this, I have two versions of ecuflash, 1.29 for flashing with my 1.3 cable, and 1.42 for editing my v7 map.

Please post this in the openecu forums so that they can look into it. And if there is a problem They will either release a new version or an update.

http://forums.openecu.org/viewforum....a0de188e2da953
Old Jun 29, 2011, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

My device mgr doesn't have options for ports. It populates the "hardware" list only when plugged in and says "location 0" no matter where it's plugged in. I can't find any options in ECUFlash either.

I just installed ECUFlash on my chicks computer and it works fine on all ports. I'm gonna punch myself in the face if I don't figure this out soon.

Last edited by rstchris; Jun 30, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

I had my computer guy do some work, he basically uninstalled Evoscan and ECUflash then reinstalled and set up ECUflash. It worked until Evoscan drivers were installed, then back to square one. It seems as if there is something keeping both programs from running on one driver and one hardware device. Anyone have experience with this. BTW it's an Acer Aspire One.