Notices
ECU Flash

After tune, A/C having issues

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After tune, A/C having issues

Is there anything in V7 that that would cause my A/C compressor not to run at a standstill? A/C works great when car is rolling, but when you come to a stop, the compressor stops as well.

It all worked great before I was tuned.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To me that sounds like a coincidence. Check and make sure that your condenser fan is running. Make sure your car is not overheating in any way as well.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
i don't believe so, no.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:26 PM

Go back to the guy that tuned it.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

My A/C issue was caused by getting my car tuned. I have no idea why, or what happened, but after yet another re-tune my A/C is working as designed.

I've concluded that either something happened during the download of the ROM or during the flashing process. It is fixed now and that is what I care most about.

Sometimes weird things happen when flashing the ECU. Please note this the next time someone asks if it could be caused by getting their car tuned. The answer is yes, yes it could be caused by that.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 09:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you got it resolved.

When I saw this thread today (I know it's old) I immediately thought of the AC Limits table. But I don't see how this table can make it do that. Perhaps somehow the TPS was reading incorrectly (just grasping at straws).

Old Oct 18, 2013, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^ u beat me to it!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Refill the AC gas. Old systems tend to overheat when it's hot outside, there is some protection in the compressor electronic that stops it.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by domyz
Refill the AC gas. Old systems tend to overheat when it's hot outside, there is some protection in the compressor electronic that stops it.

Problem had nothing to do with this. It was ECU related. By the time I posted here, I had looked at all of the normal A/C issues.

A/C didn't work at speed 0. RPM didn't matter, throttle position didn't matter. If the car wasn't rolling, the A/C compressor clutch wasn't getting power from the ECU.

Problem started after getting tuned.

After exhausting all other possibilities, I determined it was a problem with the computer. I went back to the tuner. He had never heard of this problem be for and researched it himself. He wanted to try a 3d SD tune for other issues I was having. I said sure, but put a base map in and we'll check the a/c operation. He did. We started up the car and the a/c was working at speed 0. No other changes were made. Just new tune. I concluded that something happened during the download of the ROM or during the upload to the car. I work at a dealership and we have issues all the time during programing so I know it happens.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 07:18 AM

This is sorta what happened to my car only worse

Once I went SD and dual map e85/91
With fic 1650 injectors and a single pump

On e85 the car was flawless at idle with AC on and at all times
But with the 91 flash... If I came to a stop with the AC on the car would shut off.
And I mean every time... So it would work driving, but if I left it on it would kill the car.

Sadly it was becuz my tuner could not seem to steady out the 1650 injectors on 91 to hold the idle with the AC going.

So I guess I wish I had your problem lol

But after new injectors and new tune, all is well.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by J_Striker
Problem had nothing to do with this. It was ECU related. By the time I posted here, I had looked at all of the normal A/C issues.

A/C didn't work at speed 0. RPM didn't matter, throttle position didn't matter. If the car wasn't rolling, the A/C compressor clutch wasn't getting power from the ECU.

Problem started after getting tuned.

After exhausting all other possibilities, I determined it was a problem with the computer. I went back to the tuner. He had never heard of this problem be for and researched it himself. He wanted to try a 3d SD tune for other issues I was having. I said sure, but put a base map in and we'll check the a/c operation. He did. We started up the car and the a/c was working at speed 0. No other changes were made. Just new tune. I concluded that something happened during the download of the ROM or during the upload to the car. I work at a dealership and we have issues all the time during programing so I know it happens.
Nice, I missed your post sorry
Old Oct 20, 2013, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
There is always a chance there is an error in your def xml and the ecu got corrupted inadvertently when attempting to change some other unrelated parameter.