Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

A/C compressor keep blowing up fuse

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation A/C compressor keep blowing up fuse

So I live in a country with 30+ celcius almost everyday at 2:00 pm, I need the A/C

what I found is the A/C is not engaging right after I washed my car.
I did an A/C line change job before I went to wash the car. It was all cold and nice.
But when I drive back to my home. The A/C stopped working and start blowing hot air right before I drive it into the garage. So I was like what happened?

Did a check-out and found that the fuse was snapped. I changed the 20A fuse today and I drove it to my friends shop for a alignment( just blew my Tcase 2 days ago, after fix need an alignment), this time, the engine fuse snapped, the a/c fuse was totally melted. and now when I try to put fuse into it. the rain wiper start whipping the window by itself, I didn't touch the stick at the steering wheel and the A/C fuse will snap right away when I turn on my A/C switch.

So anyone has any idea what is wrong with it ? lol I was guessing the compressor coil has a short circuit. but might be somewhere else. cuz the rain wiper thing is juz too ridiculous.

P.S I bought a new A/C compressor. do u guys think it will fix the short circuit by replacing the whole unit? any input would be helpful. thx a lot!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
you have wiring issues. start diagnosing with a multimeter and best of luck. electrical issues are the worst!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 08:50 AM

I'm scratching my head real hard right now lol need a diagram or sth. do I need to check the fuse box located under the right hand side of console?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 02:56 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
If you are blowing fuses you have shorts. No way around getting down with a multimeter and chasing them down. Download a shop manual for wiring diagrams.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...s-how-fix.html
Old Jan 8, 2016, 09:33 PM

thx for the help everyone, found the problem, the wire on the a/c com was exposing and touching the metal part of the positioning bracket (metal) causing the shorts and the a/c com is done with its life lol no vac at all when seal up the holes with fingers and spin the clutch. so I decided to change the new one. the shorts causing the fuse box to melt and 2 of the wires were sticking with each other because of the heat. 1 is the a/c another one is the rain wiper. bypass the fuse box and made a standalone fuse for the a/c. now everything is working. thx u so much for the input.

p.s I bought this car from a friend of my friend. the harness inside the car is horrible. probably will have a harness job done real soon. swapping out the whole thing. will start a new thread about this.