Notices
ECU Flash

A couple of fuel questions......Need some guidance

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A couple of fuel questions......Need some guidance

I flashed my car with the 9653076. I have a bascially stock car with some ebay parts on it. I am learning so please bare with me. These may all be from the same table but i am not sure what it is called or where to look.

1. When i shift the car it goes super rich and then way lean. I believe the rich condition is from the VTA setup with the maft. What tables do i need to look at to resolve this issue. I am not even sure what they classify this issue as.

2. When cruising and i take my foot off the gas and then press it again, the car goes lean. This causes a sometimes brief to moderate hesitation. This is without shifting the car. Not sure if this is the same place as above but figured I would ask.

3.When coming to a complete stop, I take my foot off the gas and put the car in neutral. Same thing happen.....the car goes super lean from a period of time.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Big Bald
I flashed my car with the 9653076. I have a bascially stock car with some ebay parts on it. I am learning so please bare with me. These may all be from the same table but i am not sure what it is called or where to look.

1. When i shift the car it goes super rich and then way lean. I believe the rich condition is from the VTA setup with the maft. What tables do i need to look at to resolve this issue. I am not even sure what they classify this issue as.

2. When cruising and i take my foot off the gas and then press it again, the car goes lean. This causes a sometimes brief to moderate hesitation. This is without shifting the car. Not sure if this is the same place as above but figured I would ask.

3.When coming to a complete stop, I take my foot off the gas and put the car in neutral. Same thing happen.....the car goes super lean from a period of time.

I'll text you the answers.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Bald

What "ebay parts" did you put on the car? That would help potentially identifying what is causing the problem.

1. Normal for the car to go lean between shifts since the injectors shut off. If it goes rich, that could be the VTA causing it.

3. Stalling when coming up to a stop is also a common issue with people running VTA on MAF.
Old May 22, 2013, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

the main thing is the eBay FMIC and Exhaust. Everything else is pretty much stock.
Old May 22, 2013, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you mean a 96530706 ROM? That is an SD ROM, and needs the Kpa>load, Volts>Kpa and VE tables correctly set for it to work.
Old May 23, 2013, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

96531706 is the SD ROM.