Notices
ECU Flash

Boost Error Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 06:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by X Double Dot
Ok, now it all makes sense, the "max upward correction table" allows above BWGDC, whereas the BEC table simply allows it to get back up to BWGDC if it was lowered, typically from avoiding the spike coming into boost.
Originally Posted by Raptord
No, he's correct in what he's understanding. BEC does indeed allow WGDC to correct upwards/downwards, but the upward correction will never exceed the MUCT.

I do agree that -20 and -17.5 should be zero, but zeroing MUCT isn't a band-aid; it prevents overshoot during spoolup.
We're both agreeing on the same thing; just in different terms. The BEC allows it to go above/below BWGDC with correction but the MUCT only affects the above desired to prevent overshoot. BEC does, however, allow it to go over BWGDC if the desired load/boost is not achieved and the level is within your activation points. He did not seem to understand this in his last post; thinking it would only bring it back to BWGDC. This is why we're both telling him to zero out the -20 and -17.5 points.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
They're used interchangeably.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha ok, the -17.5 & -20 cells are zeroed out now. I think I have the settings I need....but since I'm hell bent on being clear on this, I have to ask.

"BEC does indeed allow WGDC to correct upwards/downwards, but the upward correction will never exceed the MUCT."

^ to this statement, if the MUCT is zeroed out, then does this mean there is no upwards correction OR does this mean there is no upwards correction beyond Base Wastegate Duty Cycle?....Or am I so lost I should stop trying?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
haha ok, the -17.5 & -20 cells are zeroed out now. I think I have the settings I need....but since I'm hell bent on being clear on this, I have to ask.

"BEC does indeed allow WGDC to correct upwards/downwards, but the upward correction will never exceed the MUCT."

^ to this statement, if the MUCT is zeroed out, then does this mean there is no upwards correction OR does this mean there is no upwards correction beyond Base Wastegate Duty Cycle?....Or am I so lost I should stop trying?
No correction beyond bwgdc.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

No correction beyond base WGDC. That's what I was trying to clear up earlier.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 08:22 PM
EvoM Guru

I apologize. What you've stated makes sense. I won't comment on Tephra threads as I clearly don't understand them completely.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terror rising
I apologize. What you've stated makes sense. I won't comment on Tephra threads as I clearly don't understand them completely.
No worries. I obviously didn't understand at the beggining, so hopefully more can learn from this as well.

On another note, technically this is a tephra Rom as it contains the patches for NLTS, Vallet mode, and blinking CEL, however the boost control is all the same as the stock 96940011 ROM.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 07:07 PM
EvoM Guru

There's always something to learn. I don't like to spread misinformation, which is why I apologized. Have you considered switching boost control to direct? It takes temperature variations out of the equation and always goes to the desired boost level.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...t-control.html
Old Oct 21, 2013, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
There's always something to learn. I don't like to spread misinformation, which is why I apologized. Have you considered switching boost control to direct? It takes temperature variations out of the equation and always goes to the desired boost level.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...t-control.html
Very well explained here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/10647115-post3.html
Old Oct 21, 2013, 07:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Makes perfect sense when I haven't been drinking.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Makes perfect sense when I haven't been drinking.
Blame it on the alcohol