Notices
ECU Flash

Weird issue with XML's, table's and tuner seeing different things on the same ROM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weird issue with XML's, table's and tuner seeing different things on the same ROM

My tuner and I are seeing some weird behavior with my ROM. WHen he sends the ROM to me with his edits it seems to kill my AC compressor at idle and also has the car running hot on the hwy (but fine on stop and go traffic). When I create a new base rom, copy his settings over to the new ROM and flash it.......everything works fine.

When I send him the ROM I have created it appears some of the tables he has are different then what he sent me even though I use the compare feature in ecuflash to edit.

A perfect example of this is he is seeing that my SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration table is showing the 1st 4 fields are 1:1 ratio. When I open his ROM the numerical value is different.

Has anyone EVER seen this issue before? I gotta imagine with the amount of email tuning happening on this site someone else has seen this before?!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Smurf, I sent Jason my XML package over the weekend, as we think his is corrupt...

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
My tuner and I are seeing some weird behavior with my ROM. WHen he sends the ROM to me with his edits it seems to kill my AC compressor at idle and also has the car running hot on the hwy (but fine on stop and go traffic). When I create a new base rom, copy his settings over to the new ROM and flash it.......everything works fine.

When I send him the ROM I have created it appears some of the tables he has are different then what he sent me even though I use the compare feature in ecuflash to edit.

A perfect example of this is he is seeing that my SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration table is showing the 1st 4 fields are 1:1 ratio. When I open his ROM the numerical value is different.

Has anyone EVER seen this issue before? I gotta imagine with the amount of email tuning happening on this site someone else has seen this before?!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Smurf, I sent Jason my XML package over the weekend, as we think his is corrupt...
Yeah apparently 1.44 has been problematic for some folks. I just re-installed 1.42 and late on this year I will just say **** it and buy an AEM
Old Sep 3, 2015, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
If his xml map sensor scaling is set differently to yours the values will show differently.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

It wasn't just that. There was XML corruption going for them. When I compared maps and would make them look the same when they would look at it, it wouldn't look identical.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 Evo X code was causing all the issues...
Old Sep 7, 2015, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
2014 Evo X code was causing all the issues...
Your ****ting me? How?