Notices
ECU Flash

Omni 4 bar random bog

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 01:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Omni 4 bar random bog

Hey gang,

I have been running the omni 4 bar for about a year using John Bradleys scaling with no issues. I decided to try Mr. Fred's scaling and it works fine most of the time. On occasion the car will bog and not let me hit boost. I can turn off the ignition and turn it right back on and it works fine again. I am using ECU controlled boost and running a Single scroll Green. Everything seems properly scaled and using fuel cut x2. I usually hit loads in the 330 range. It is a super soft bog as well, almost like it cuts boost and fuel, then i let off gas and it pops back. I would log it but it is so inconsistent/random when it happens. Hopefully someone has had something similar happen and could shed some light. Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2016, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try to log it and post it up ( i know you said its hard to log just drive with to and from work with the laptop going once it happens stop the logger so the issue will be at the end of the log), Maybe your sensor is failing and giving some erratic and/or erroneous readings to the ecu.

Also can you describe the bog better, is there poping sounds?

if you put your foot in more is there a little power or none at all?

does it only happen at partial throttle?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 03:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It is so random that logging constantly would be a pain. It has not happened in over a week and I have been daily driving it all week. No popping, just starts to build boost then blah. No missing no popping, no power. As soon as I let out of it it does fine cruising. If I reset the ignition, all is well. It has only done this since I switched my scaling from JB to Mr. Fred. Its only when I put my foot in it to pass someone on the highway for instance. I sorta wonder if it fixed itself at this point lol. Thanks for the response also!