Notices
ECU Flash

Boy, am I frustrated with ECUFlash

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy, am I frustrated with ECUFlash

Let me start with this... I'm a pipefitter, not an electrical engineer or computer programmer. That being said, I can't figure out ECUFlash.

I just bought my first evo from a dealer, which is not stock and has been tuned by some unknown shop for the unknown previous owner, presumably in Texas. I bought a Tactrix Openport 2.0 cable to save the current map for safety before converting to speed density for a retune based on climate change.

I can connect, read/download the map, but I can't do anything with it besides save it. I have no idea if this will help me or the tuner down the road when it's time to retune.

I don't understand the TephraMod instructions. I want to learn, but everything I read is WAY more advanced than I am. I prefer not to just have someone do this for me.

This is where I'm at.

Please help me (in layman's terms)!
Attached Thumbnails Boy, am I frustrated with ECUFlash-ecu.jpg  
Old Mar 31, 2017, 05:49 PM

Not sure what I did wrong. Re-downloaded all the TephraMod stuff, ECUFlash, and followed the instructions again. Worked this time and saved the "base" map.
Attached Thumbnails Boy, am I frustrated with ECUFlash-ecu2.jpg  
Old Mar 31, 2017, 05:53 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
You didnt have the xml for your rom id saved in the rommetadata folder of ecuflash the first time.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 07:10 PM

I did. I saved the one that should have applied to me in there. The second time around I put them all in there because I figured there would be no downside. Not sure if that was the issue or if I screwed up somewhere else but I got it saved. Next step is researching speed density.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by kimmerlykg
I did. I saved the one that should have applied to me in there. The second time around I put them all in there because I figured there would be no downside. Not sure if that was the issue or if I screwed up somewhere else but I got it saved. Next step is researching speed density.
I'm on the beginner stage too haha, so this is a little frustrating at the beginning but when I get mad I just take a walk, later I start reading again and sometimes I just re read and search for the terminology to be clear, if you want a mate to study count on me man