Notices
ECU Flash

How to switch tables

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to switch tables

So I have an 03 evo with dual map tune switchable with ics switch. What I'm wondering is why when I upload the map with ecuflash why i can only view the pump gas fuel and timing maps. Or am I missing something. Car was not tuned with my computer that is uploading the map to view. I have tried loading the maps with it set on both. Basically IMF eying to compare the fuel and timing maps between the two
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

do you mean all the others are grayed out or what?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 06:27 AM

no there not grayed out. basically i freshly upload the map, then i open the fuel and timing tables to view. well the only ones that pull up are for pump gas. where do i find the alternate map to edit/view if its got a dual map tune??
Old Oct 21, 2013, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
The second set of fuel/timing/etc maps is under the "alternate maps" section.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 07:06 AM

would my ecuflash have to be equipped with a mod or something to view it? or maybe im overlooking it. is that its own catagorie or a subcategorie?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
You likely have the xml file for the standard rom and not the one for the dual map rom. What rom id are you using?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
You need the tephramod xml to view it. If you can view the rom at all then you have it, otherwise it would give you an error telling you the romid is unknown.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raptord
You need the tephramod xml to view it. If you can view the rom at all then you have it, otherwise it would give you an error telling you the romid is unknown.
This is only true for V7, if you are using V5 then the ROM IDs are the same for Tephramod and the regular ROM.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 08:32 PM

yah its got to be on the older version, this car was tuned about 2 years ago. gotta read up some more on figuring out the xml thing. on ROM id 94170015. also am not showing an alternate maps section on mine. anyone try to lead me to a how to on installing the correct version to view this map for that rom?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rpf1evolution
yah its got to be on the older version, this car was tuned about 2 years ago. gotta read up some more on figuring out the xml thing. on ROM id 94170015. also am not showing an alternate maps section on mine. anyone try to lead me to a how to on installing the correct version to view this map for that rom?
if you search for the Tephra V5 thread the instructions are there for modifying your xml.

I will check to see if I have one, but it would have to wait until I get home.

BTW I assume your ROM does not have the big fuel and timing maps (just verifying that it is not a V7 ROM but it shouldn't be as per Raptord's post).
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by wreckleford
if you search for the Tephra V5 thread the instructions are there for modifying your xml.

I will check to see if I have one, but it would have to wait until I get home.

BTW I assume your ROM does not have the big fuel and timing maps (just verifying that it is not a V7 ROM but it shouldn't be as per Raptord's post).
no it does not have the big maps, it does appear to have the same size map as the evo 9 though. the car im pulling the map from is an 03 with an evo 9 turbo on e85 and pump gas dual map switchable from ics switch. when i pull the map it doesnt give me all the option. i dont see how thats possible though. whatever is in the ecu should show up in ecuflash right off the ecu right?.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fast forward to 2017, and i had run into this same issue.

previous owner had the car tuned for dual maps. pulled rom and saw that there was no alt map options. had right files in rommetadata, and rom (tephra v5 ROM 94170015) was reading correctly, even downloaded all files over again. i still could not access in ecuflash even though i had verified that my car was running a dual map set up.

after discussing with a guy from work, we found that i was pulling from the wrong directory location. set directory appropriately and made sure all my files were in the correct location. pulled rom again and after months of chasing this issue, i was able to access my alternate maps & other tables.

i don't know if this is an issue for you anymore, but for anyone else that stumbles across this thread, i suggest making sure you're reading from the proper directory location, and that you have all the necessary files. hope this helps!