Notices

Ok, how about this date: 17.-18.8

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2002, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, how about this date: 17.-18.8

Ok, as I couldn't make the dates that I suggested myself I suggest a new one, this time I will be able to make it: 17.-18.8. How does this sound? I will definetely be at the Ring at that date as it will be the next time I can possibly make it to the Ring, although maybe the Sunday before that, as I'm gone on holiday. I think we can forget the idea that some of the English "racers" will join us, as it seems like they are too busy polishing their cars...
Old Jul 5, 2002, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

ok!

But very late... There is lots of time in between!

Andre and Scooby Mike??
Old Jul 5, 2002, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

did three laps on the Ring last night. Will go again tomorrow.

Yesterday, I got asked to join a special Porsche GT3 club with my E6!! I passed one of their faster members. My car pulls at least as well as the GT3! Them Porsche guys were very nice. They are all over 45 and take their driving very seriously.

They would embarrass our UK polishers!!!!
Old Jul 14, 2002, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Unfortunately my car needs a bit more than polishing after my shunt. At least we escaped unhurt.

Cheers

Mike
Old Jul 14, 2002, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Was out with Rallyman in heavy rain. My car had finally been fitted with the new suspension, lower braces etc. Did 130km already in the morning, felt fantastic. Then picked up Rallyman and we drove over some roads which I call the "little Ring". Then in a right hand corner at around 120km/h I suddenly lost the backend right at the apex, car wanted to spin, hit the brakes but front end was already on the wet gras where it was going up steeply. Then shaved a wooden pole (unfortunately it had around 30-40centimetre diametre) with my left front wheel/wing, car wanted to flip but somehow I steered against it. The result (as far as we can judge right now): left front wheel smashed, left front wing dented, bonnet dented, front spoiler damaged, IC bent, right inner wheel arche off. Left suspension looks bent aswell, hub, bearing and probably damper are written off. Driveshaft looks ok.
We were very lucky as ten meters further there was a telephone pole waiting and car was about to turn on the roof. Rallyman hit the B-pillar with his head but he's ok. I'm ok aswell, I could drive the car back to our garage very slowly. I'm surprised how robust the EVO is. I thought the front wheels is off, so hard was the impact. If I hitted the pole with the door I think I wouldn't post anymore and the car would have been a write-off. Now we can repair everything and insurance will pay.
Until then we were really flying, but backend lost grip so quickly I couldn't countersteer.

At least my dad has now some work to do

Mike
Old Jul 14, 2002, 08:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It hurt to read that. I hope everything is repaired without further incident. Glad to hear you were both ok at least.
Old Jul 15, 2002, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

There's only one explanation. I was too fast for the conditions. I lost it right at the apex, maybe a midcorner bump caught me out when accelerating hard.

Suspension is fully adjustable and the settings felt very good. As said we were flying, I was amazed how fast I could go in the rain. Car was very responsive and planted, ride quality was even better than standard.

The insurance should cover more or less everything. Additionally the car is in our own workshop so I know my dad will give his best to bring it back on the road in perfect shape.

It's the thing with the EVOs. When something goes wrong it hurts as you will be travelling quite fast. Strangely I can't wait to drive it again. After my motorbike accident it was the opposite but driving EVO is like a drug.

Luckily we escaped unhurt (this time)

Thanks to both of you for your kind words.

Cheers

Mike

PS: Rollcage looks fantastic
Old Jul 15, 2002, 10:33 PM

Mike,
you and your Evo have also my best wishes.
...but it is part of the game
Sounds you are pleased with your KW comp.. Hope to get more feed-back soon.
I was in Hockenheim last week. The new track really chaged in some corners. The track was packed like hell...but it was fun. THink this would be a good stamping-ground for your KW-equiped Evo.
Hang on....
Old Jul 16, 2002, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

My car is going to the dealer tomorrow. To see why the engine is going 'tonk-tonk'.

It happened after the turbo had loosend from the exhaust manifold (check those four bolts!!!!!) on the Ring.
Old Jul 16, 2002, 05:48 PM

SO THIS IS WHERE ALL OF YOU ARE HIDING!!! (Scoobymike, Claudius, N.Ring, Michaelk...)

I was a witness of Scoobymike's 'excursion' outside the grey part of the road last Saturday...it was a lucky escape!!!

Regards,

RS-2 TME (a.k.a. Rallyman)

PD: I have to find another login name. Rallyman seems to be taken anyway.
Old Jul 16, 2002, 06:23 PM

Scoobymike

Glad you guys are ok and hope you get your car sorted ok.

I was at Donington for the SIDC (Subaru National Day) and a guy went off at Craner Curves BIG STYLE there, never nice when this sort of thing happens.

Best wishes

Teri
Old Jul 16, 2002, 06:49 PM

Claudius

Roll cage looking good!

Is that a recent pic or have things moved on since it was taken?

Teri

Quick Reply: Ok, how about this date: 17.-18.8