Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Dyno Confusion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno Confusion

So i've been thinking about my recent numbers with my evo, and comparing them to other evos w/ similar mods on different dynos, and also my old wrx....On AMS-MD dynomite, my evo put down only 376 hp 373 tq....which some people compare this dyno to a dynojet, which usually reads high
on another note, @ Turbo XS Dynapack my wrx put down 303 hp and 266 tq....now, i've heard the dynapack reads low

So my question is, how far off are different dynos??? such as dynojet, mustang, dynomite, dynapack, and any others people have tuned @
Old Nov 30, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

The AMS MDs Dynomite reads just like a Dynojet. Heres a thread confirming it and also Ive been on it and a few other freinds too and its very close to a DJ.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ntic+dyno+tune
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:04 PM
Account Disabled

i dont think there dyno reads accurate and i dont like how it reads at all....it always seems like the torque is sky high on that dyno....like some people put down 350 @ 390 trq??????

you should try to get onto ISP dynojet...ive been trying to hit that dynojet up to see how my numbers compare to the Mustang dyno i was tuned on.....we should get some people and all ride down...i know a cpl ppl who are interested in this

anyway does anybody know about the dynapack...i have one like 10 mins down the road from me....but i hear it could really mess up my acd...any truth to this?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
i dont think there dyno reads accurate and i dont like how it reads at all....it always seems like the torque is sky high on that dyno....like some people put down 350 @ 390 trq??????

you should try to get onto ISP dynojet...ive been trying to hit that dynojet up to see how my numbers compare to the Mustang dyno i was tuned on.....we should get some people and all ride down...i know a cpl ppl who are interested in this

anyway does anybody know about the dynapack...i have one like 10 mins down the road from me....but i hear it could really mess up my acd...any truth to this?
i was tuned on the dynapack with my wrx.....i heard it reads low and that it's not good to tuned on at all
Old Dec 1, 2008, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

i was tuned on the dynapack with my wrx.....i heard it reads low and that it's not good to tuned on at all
Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by griffeyr
if anything i think it the best dyno for tuning...
Old Dec 7, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you wanna high reading dyno so you get high numbers, just goto agile auto. their dyno reads very high.

i wouldnt worry about the ACD thing. i know countless evo ix's that have been on that dyno and never had a problem

Last edited by EvoJoeIX; Dec 7, 2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZXbk3o-xHg
Old Dec 7, 2008, 10:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
if you wanna high reading dyno so you get high numbers, just goto agile auto. their dyno reads very high.

i wouldnt worry about the ACD thing. i know countless evo ix's that have been on that dyno and never had a problem
thats what i would do i just wanna see some dynojet numbers...i doubt there dynapack reads that much higher than a dynojet...

agile is like 10min from me...but they want like 110 dollars for 3 pulls which is redicilous for that dyno no way im i paying that much
Old Dec 7, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I was told you'd want a load bearing dyno as it simulates real street conditions you may face while daily driving. I forget which one is the load bearing one.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats what i would do i just wanna see some dynojet numbers...i doubt there dynapack reads that much higher than a dynojet...

agile is like 10min from me...but they want like 110 dollars for 3 pulls which is redicilous for that dyno no way im i paying that much
same here man
im not paying that much for numbers either
Old Dec 7, 2008, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm....still didnt clear anything up for me. I've heard as to what reads high and what not but still not 100% sure. Anyone dyno at one and then go right to the other and see the diff?
Old Dec 8, 2008, 03:39 AM
bsh
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by griffeyr
It is a VERY good dyno for tuning Holds steady state dead on whatever rpm you choose, and are very accurate run to run. Usually within 1 hp on a 100-150 hp engine...
Old Dec 8, 2008, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Dynapacks can be made to read what ever you want them to read based on the hold time, ramp rate, load, etc. Also, most Dynapacks read retardedly high.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 11:55 AM

Been lurking at EvoM for years but only recently officially signed up....for sentimental reasons I have chosen Mr. Griffey's thread to make my first post. While editor of Turbo magazine I published an article that directly addresses your dyno confusion...The Dyno Dash can be seen here....

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/03...ash/index.html

I hope this helps you out

Evan