Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Stock 2 liter, pump gas+meth, Red

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good numbers Dave and I agree that the he needs at least a 3.5" FMIC. Do you know if he has S1 cams or S2's? I assume this car wouldve made more power and tq with better gas, larger fmic, and better MBC...maybe 450/400ish. Eitherway Im sure this car moves out very well now.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I think it's the S1's. Honestly, he was getting a bit nervous with the power the car was making already. It's a road race deal and when I heard "Hey, that's a STOCK engine in there!" I knew pushing it further wasn't going to be appreciated
Old Feb 6, 2009, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

very nice #s.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 09:58 AM

Wow thoese are some really great numbers i wish an STi could make thoese numbers that easly
Old Feb 7, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Seems like a lot of power for a "road race" car with a stock motor. Also, why would he use alky for road racing?
Old Feb 7, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Very impresive numbers!
Old Feb 7, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

There's never enough power Why not use alky for road racing. It's a cheaper alternative to any other way to put octane in the engine.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, she made it home safe and sound. I am very impressed with the numbers Dave pulled out of my evo. Runs great and is fast as hell.

We were having a problem with the turbonetics manual boost controller that I put on there when I left and we cranked it way down before I left. I noticed that the car was quite a bit slower. I checked the boost when I got home and it was at 23psi. Turned it up a little at a time back to 29 ish and damn!!! There is such a huge difference between 23 and 29psi.

Dave was very helpful and explained what was going on and what needed to be done. And with my intake temps going up 40 degrees in one gear, I bought a Buschur Racing BRIC. I think it is a little big but will never have to worry about intake temps again and if I ever go bigger there is plenty of i/c there.

I would really have liked to see the numbers with good gas and the new i/c. I am very happy with the numbers Dave pulled with the crappy gas. I think it was a good thing that I had crappy gas in there because I was getting a little nervous with the stock motor.

Thanks again Dave for all the help and the great tune!!!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 09:55 AM

Had the same issues with my ARC intercooler...heat soak.

Good luck with your setup and have fun at the track
Old Feb 8, 2009, 01:29 PM

really nice
Old Feb 8, 2009, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
There's never enough power Why not use alky for road racing. It's a cheaper alternative to any other way to put octane in the engine.
Guess its all personal preference. To me its just one more thing to go wrong. Especially since 99% of people running alky/meth are using small unbaffled reserve tanks.

Old Feb 8, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
make me want a red!!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

The tanks in this kit is the stock I/C spray tank. The tank is about 18" tall if I had to guess and holds around 1 gallon. The pick up for the pump is located in the very bottom. There is a low indicator light on the controller that lights up when the tank gets to about a 1/4. The chances of the pump not getting alky into it are slim-to-none.

Very glad you got home safely and figured out the boost controller. It's not creeping up to 34 anymore now? If not that's freaking awesome and I'm glad to hear it. That controller seemed back all the way out when I tried to mess with it but was hard to get to behind the hot radiator hose. Thanks for coming down and very glad to hear you are happy!!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 05:42 PM

those are impressive numbers on a red..
Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, the boost controller is working fine now. I pulled that off my drag talon that was set at 35psi and I backed it out ALOT! Should have checked that out before I came down there. I will save the Buschur manual boost controller I bought there for the next time I make a visit.

I set it in 3rd gear to 28 and creeps up to 30 at a little past 7k.

We talked about me sending a log to you with better gas and the new i/c on there. I am going to do that when spring rolls around. Car is washed and put away already. I hated to do that but I really hate salt.

Quick Reply: Stock 2 liter, pump gas+meth, Red