Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

276 WHP why ???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have you ever thought of a mail in tune?? plenty as stated above^^ talk to mellon hes a great guy i havent had to much personal experience with him(planning on getting a tune from him) but ive asked him questions and he sure is speedy on getting back to me. and second i dont know if i read wrong or not but i havent seen you say what dyno you were on. also IMO i would get some kelford cams and springs and retainers or some S1 there good tooo. read upp on stuff

GL
Old Jun 10, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GBAILEY472
I hope you feel really good with yourself, insulting me like that !!! I just want you to know that your comment emontially wrecked me and I'll probably go sell my car... and get Subaru

BWAHAHAHAH OMFG that made my day hahahahahahahahaha

way to go 90gsx we are now going to lose a very valuable member
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Dude what kind of Dyno? What is the CF on the dyno?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

The only problem in this Tune you guys all talk about.... I can't get that here...
Yes, you can. Unless Canada doesn't allow you to email people or something.

Yeah, I get it. You're stuck on referring to your modifications as stages. What's Buschur's stage 1? What about TurboTrix? Vishnu? TTP? In other words, everyone will have their own formula, but there is no set "standard" for this car. When you talk like there is one, and when you don't listen to our suggestions or provide the needed info to properly diagnose your problem; how much help do you really think we can be ?

My advise is to get a high flow catalytic converter, a boost controller, and an email flash. You have a wideband, so all you would need would be a laptop, a Tactrix cable, and datalogging software.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Dude just fly down to North Carolina. We have a Mustang Dyno here locally and the tuner does MAF-Translator, AEM EMS, Stock ECU, or Cobb if you actually are emotionally wrecked and get a Subaru. lol

Also, no offense, but the guys here would never let you mod your car in such an odd way.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
My advise is to get a high flow catalytic converter, a boost controller, and an email flash. You have a wideband, so all you would need would be a laptop, a Tactrix cable, and datalogging software.
Thank you... This is the sort of help I'm looking for.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

basically 260whp is ridiculously underpowered for your car. Your mods arent bad besides the ecutek, ditch that, get a mail in tune from any of the big names, i would recommend melon if you're strapped for cash, does good work cheap, or you can go with some of the bigger names like ttp. Now if the tune isnt the problem, there is something wrong with your car, and the answer isn't more mods, it is to fix whatever is wrong. With your mods you should be well over 300whp no matter what you are tuning with, so either your tuner is a complete failure, or there is something else wrong with your car. Boost control would be a good move as well, but your biggest problem here is not your mods.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

I'll post my sheet tomorrow..No boost leak, what the max PSI I can run on stock Turbo ? as for boost controller, I was told by ecutek not a good idea.

p.s. what cams would be recomended ?
You where told by Ecutek that a boost controller is not a good idea???

Wow!!!! are you serious.. Wow!!! that statement alone would make me return their ECU tuning software.

Stay on Stock ECU. Even in canada you can get this software as it is a free download off the internet.. Simply buy a tactrix cable and get it properly tuned.. Not to mention get a boost controller if that hasn't been obviously stated.

I also agree with another member who stated that at this point the problem isn't getting more mods but simply working with what you have. You have a serious problem. Your WHP is way too low.. Fix those issues before proceeding. Also the Exhaust manifold was not a needed mod. With your turbo, you might even be losing power with this upgraded manifold if you can't push enough volume of air for the turbo to spool properly. I'd put the stock back on.. I'm Serious.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 01:24 PM

^ +1
Old Jun 10, 2009, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Okay...here's my newb question ... What kind of boost controller should i get ?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MBC - forge or hallman are good ones.
EBC - Greddy or HKS got some good ones

i recommend ECU direct control. its cheaper and gives better results.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

the rec boost controllers are good choices and I would also agree that you should get an email tune with the tactrix cable and laptop, a couple good tuners would be 4ws or mellon tuning just to name a few

and since ur runnin 94oct you should be able to produce better power and run mid 20psi range compare to the 91oct
Old Jun 10, 2009, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

I would go for a Hallman one.. Here is a link

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/H...mance.com.html

I've actually had a few boost controllers.. And I really like this one. Check it out.

And for god sakes.. Don't change the blowoff valve until you hit about 340whp. Why.. Simply because there is no real need to.. The Stock one is very good at doing it's job.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not aware of any reputable tuners in Canada. Anyone using Ecutek for tuning an Evo 8-9 these days is wasting their time and money. Ecuflash is a free interface with much more features.

I would replace the stock cat with a 3" unit or with a resonated test pipe if you can get away with it. Forge UNOS manual boost controller and an ECU tune from a reputable PRO tuner.

Send us a PM if you need any help with the above improvements to your car.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Here's my sheet, however I don't know what types of Dyno it was... not a mustang nor Dynojet..

Quick Reply: 276 WHP why ???