Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Epic Motorsports 443hp & 417tq 93oct

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackgsx01
I just need alittle more practice with the new setup. It not like I havent raced at the track before. It could be lockout, and it could not be lockout. It happend so fast I could not tell if it was the clutch or just me......or both.
Did you try adjusting the clutch at all?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did, and no luck 3rd just notches everytime
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

well for the last 2 weeks all I have done is try to think of a way to get everything I want for the car. I find deals, but even then I just cant afford to spend anything on the car. I am going to have to just focus on paying off my debt, and try to save money up on the car(not going to be much). It sucks..............all I do day in and day out is think about what I can buy for the evo
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
know the feeling... do you need a clutch ?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
know the feeling... do you need a clutch ?
I need a clutch(triple),tranny,t-case. If Im going in, then I am gonna do it all the first time, about 5400+ for everything.....................then the block would be next to go boom so I just need to baby the car for a long time and pay off everything. I still have the 1g.......and I just cant part that car out..something about it just wont let me let it go.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

is the car driveable ? what clutch do you have in it now ?

i am not sure why everyone jumps to triples when the twin holds torque to 550 ftlbs....

my last IX was at a power level a lot higher than yours and the twin was perfect, my current ix is the same way and the twin is just fine.

if the car is drivable now, dont worry, but i had a cheap option for you, you may even still want it. I bought an SD clutch used a couple weeks ago to use for parts just in case when i rebuild my HD i needed something. It wont come with discs, but it will have a flywheel, a floater plate, the case and all you need to do is buy 2 new discs and an HD pressure plate and you have a new exedy HD clutch. I think total you are looking at 550 in parts plus 300 for the clutch i have. I understand though about wanting to build everything first time in. But honestly, all you need to do is build the tranny. The t case is easy enough to get to to do it later... just do the clutch and tranny first. I have a tranny i am selling as well that you could send off if you wanted that option
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigric09
is the car driveable ? what clutch do you have in it now ?

i am not sure why everyone jumps to triples when the twin holds torque to 550 ftlbs....

my last IX was at a power level a lot higher than yours and the twin was perfect, my current ix is the same way and the twin is just fine.

if the car is drivable now, dont worry, but i had a cheap option for you, you may even still want it. I bought an SD clutch used a couple weeks ago to use for parts just in case when i rebuild my HD i needed something. It wont come with discs, but it will have a flywheel, a floater plate, the case and all you need to do is buy 2 new discs and an HD pressure plate and you have a new exedy HD clutch. I think total you are looking at 550 in parts plus 300 for the clutch i have. I understand though about wanting to build everything first time in. But honestly, all you need to do is build the tranny. The t case is easy enough to get to to do it later... just do the clutch and tranny first. I have a tranny i am selling as well that you could send off if you wanted that option

I have read thats at the flywheel though on the exedy twin hd. Its 455tq at the wheels and I am at 417tq now on low boost. Yes my car is drivable, I just skip 3rd gear and go from 2nd to 4th. I have a act clutch in there now, with only about 8000 miles on it. I already talked to buschur about there buschwacker trans, and its gonna run me about 1400 with everything(8 3rd and 4th). I just dont know what to do. The wifey isnt to pleased about it, nor does she want me to go spend more money on the car when I have other debt(makes sense). I am trying to sell my motorcycle, but havent had anyluck yet and that would save me 150.00 payment a month
Old Mar 16, 2010, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

auto trader is your friend... yes it costs money, but man it goes quick lol.... i sold my infiniti in 14hrs

that is a possibility.

The HD clutch is good for 550 with all i read, the SD is 450. As i said before, My last 2 cars have been 500whp, or 499.8 depending on who you ask and mid 400's on TQ. Im expecting to be around the 550 to 600 whp range with this car and mid to high 400's with TQ when im done, and im using the HD twin. Unless i break it, i cant ever say i have ever had a problem with the clutch. Not to mention, if it does break, its too easy to just buy another disk, another floater plate and make a triple. So instead of paying 2400 for a triple or whatever it is you find one for, you can rebuild a $300 clutch for less than 1100. in total cost. As for the tranny options... you should only have to buy the VIII 3 and 4... i dont remember it being 1400, but i could be mistaken. I just paid for my tranny from buschur and it was less than 1400, i had to buy 2nd 3rd and 4th lol
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

I hear ya. 1400 is for the buschwacker stage 1(895.00)+the 3rd and 4th conversion and shipping. I am debating on your clutch, I would have to call and get a 100% positive price on the hd conversion. Plus I could sell my act once its out for about 300.00+
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Go to the exedy triple. The engagement is the same and it holds way more torque. If you're looking to trap over 130MPH at some point, don't waste your time with a twin. I wish I had just gone with the triple. Also, don't forget the clutch stop. It's cheap and saved that TOB clip from popping off.

My 2 cents.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 02:26 AM
Evolved Member

PM freshevo8... he is about to order some stuff i think and has a great line on where to get exedy parts from one of the vendors here.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

well I have been gathering more parts for awhile now, I hope to have the car running 100% again soon(no 3rd gear)

Parts
AWD Motorsports built tranny(evo 8 3rd+4th gear conversion)
exedy triple
ams lightweight front brake kit
short route intercooler piping
ets intake pipe
Awd motorsports lightweight driveshaft

things I am still waiting on
JDM rear bumper
timing belt kit with kevlar belts
girodisc ultralight rear rotors
enkei Rpf1 17x9+35 black rims

I am hoping to sqeeze out 20hp more than what I was before but with the lightweight driveline mods I have been working should help overall with the acceleration of the car.

I am shooting for 11.0-11.4 in the 1/4 on 93oct and then just plan on driving the crap out of her while fixing up the body more
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Figured I update this thread with some pics of these used parts I was able to get great deals from

exedy twin converted to a triple
JDM rear bumper-thanks Evokid03
Used ams wildwood front brake kit- thanks AWDMOTORSPORTS
Full-race prostock mani- Josh(spec-ops Motorsports)

Now I just need to save to build the bottom end so I can really play

Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:33 PM
Former Sponsor

nice man... we ready to get that sucker to the track
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
nice man... we ready to get that sucker to the track

well I could throw everything on and hit the dyno for a check up tune or wait like you said and build it and do it all at once. I would really like to run it soon, but there is always that chance something could go wrong with the stock block.

Quick Reply: Epic Motorsports 443hp & 417tq 93oct