Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

575whp on 6262 setup...opinions on whats wrong with my graph?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bosco121
Im gunna say it again the manifolds gotta go. then check the cams and timing and put the car back on the dyno with no exhaust and see what it does.
Let me light you a cigar!!!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by E-SPEC@TopLevelPerformance
Let me light you a cigar!!!
Yo urkel hope you have a extra cigar for me too cause i said the same thing to you and bobby...i believe myself its a combo of the manifold and exhaust..i would put on a ported stocket for now and a buschur exhaust then go from there...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have seen the turboxs exhausts and they flow pretty good. Which version is it?

+109586 on removing the magnus, that thing is junk. Still could be something else though, I'd say start with verifying timing and doing a compression test.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by E-SPEC@TopLevelPerformance
So Headway installed the cams and installed the motor into the car?
Headway dont put motors in cars.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Ill bet against exhaust as it should be down on power but the choppy graph i doubt.. How does the AFR look because from my experience if its ignition related then it will show in AFR also..

That looks so rough on top im going to go with a timing issue as #1.. down on power from exhaust and SMIM sure but not as bad as that graph shows on top.. I dont use either IM or Exhaust and have never before so im guessing timing or longblock build issue of some type..

Check inside valvecover to make sure none of the rockers have popped off also..

Mike
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

damn that thing spools late as hell
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

it is spooling a little late for a 6262 i would think, mine hit full boost 34psi by 5200 and carried out to redline Bobby's looks like it hits full after 6k, could there be a problem there?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evoforlife
it is spooling a little late for a 6262 i would think, mine hit full boost 34psi by 5200 and carried out to redline Bobby's looks like it hits full after 6k, could there be a problem there?
I havent gotten to test the s3 cams but it might be the cause.. I would not choose those cams on a 6262.. s2 would have been a better choice along with a slew of other parts i wouldn't use in that list personally..

Mike
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:04 PM
Account Disabled

Exactly a restriction will cause it to spool late i still think it the manifold ans secound the exhaust come on three resonators way overkill bobby i told you when you make and want serious power you cannot have restrictions like this cause this is jjust a holdback to your goals.i was there and its not. timming related cause urkel was throwing combos left and right and the car just didnt want to make power.sometimes not every bolt on part works its the right ones that do..
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1slowassevo
Exactly a restriction will cause it to spool late i still think it the manifold ans secound the exhaust come on three resonators way overkill bobby i told you when you make and want serious power you cannot have restrictions like this cause this is jjust a holdback to your goals.i was there and its not. timming related cause urkel was throwing combos left and right and the car just didnt want to make power.sometimes not every bolt on part works its the right ones that do..
need to check actual timing on motor.. You cannot correct that with tuning..

its not just down on power it has a huge issue on top.. I have never run that setup so maybe it is but the drastic drop not gradual restriction makes me believe its more serious then just exhaust flow.. I have made power thru 2.5" exhaust before..
Old Apr 29, 2010, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

check cam timing to ensure it is all installed correctly.

im not buying the exhaust dilemma unless 1 or more of those resonators are completely falling apart inside disrupting airflow. unbolt the exhaust and do a dyno pull...easiest step in seeing if that's the case or not.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As everyone is saying, verify the timing before moving any further.

Then remove the exhaust that's so easy to do and verify. 3 resonators is overkill and if one was compromised I could see it causing a restriction but doubtful to that degree but you never know.

Doubtful the ignition is the issue but doesn't hurt to rule it out it's a 5 minute swap.

Pull valve cover and ensure no rockers were knocked off, it can happen and thats a 5 minute job to verify as well.

Compression test and leak down test will give you a good idea whats going on as well if other options fail to point in the direction of the problem.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Great responses guys,,,,, keep'em coming!!!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stikiller214
Headway dont put motors in cars.
,,,,which brings us back to post 22.

"Motor was built by an unknown shop."
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

Today I'm going to check timing. I'm also going to verify with GSC that the cams in the car are indeed S3's. At the same time I am going to perform a compression test. Within a week or so, I will probably replace the Magnus IM with a Buschur ported (just need to find one). I also need to find a buschur testpipe back exhaust. So if anyone has a used one, please PM me. I am very determined to find the problem. Hopefully the issue isn't too costly.

Quick Reply: 575whp on 6262 setup...opinions on whats wrong with my graph?