Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

CBRD new BBKB results

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
BBK-B saw about 250 rpm increase in spool up-

the overall power output was the same (the car tested on made 460whp on the original journal bearing BBK-B and the same on the BB)--

More details in the next 2 weeks or so-

cb
Chad, any news on your ball bearing lineup?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you go back a few pages you will see I sent my failed BBK-B back to CBRD on the 18th of August 2011. I have now received a replacement turbo on the 3rd January 2012........

So after OVER four months of waiting, I rip in to the box to find not a ported BBK-B but what appears to be a five blade BBK-Full with no porting..... Chad, what is going on ? This is seriously beyond a joke at this point.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Just found out apparently if your bbk b dies after a month of use you get to wait 4 months to be sent the wrong turbo, oh sorry I mean the RIGHT turbo. Apparently cbrd and psr think it's ok to knowingly replace a bbkb with a full with no notification that a downgraded turbo is coming until it gets half way across the world. Great stuff guys!! Get to try two turbos for the price of one... NOT
Old Jan 3, 2012, 05:35 PM

WOW ! I have just been informed now ( approaching five months later ) that my BBK-B will never be coming back to me ! and without even telling me CBRD have just sent me an unported BBK-Full as a replacement for my more expensive ported BBK-B.

Chad this is without a doubt the worst customer service experience I have ever had... I have just been lied to time and time again.

And to the fanboy's who were ripping on me saying I was paranoid... well ... hate to say i told you so but I knew this turbo had design problems and there is a very real reason why they are discontinued.

THANKS FOR MY FREE DOWNGRADE CBRD !!!

Originally Posted by GG06MR
Look at that. And he almost didn't send it back to you. for CBRD Customer Service.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 06:29 PM

Why did you buy it if you knew it had design problems? That don't make sense
Old Jan 3, 2012, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by sillyme
Why did you buy it if you knew it had design problems? That don't make sense
Well obviously I didn't know of the issues at the time of purchase... only after it was bolted up on the car, surging like a ***** at anything over 26-27psi then died after only a few thousand km's at low boost and power.

It became more obvious that it had problems when they approved the warrenty, and announced they would no longer be making them.

hope that makes more sense to you.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't believe that Chad would randomly send you a BBK-Full with no warning or explanation... I certainly understand you being pissed, I would be ****ing livid in your position, but I sincerely hope there is a simple misunderstanding that can be worked out. I had good service when I purchased my BBK-Full through Chad, but obviously I live <2 hrs away, so I have a lot more options if something went wrong. Best of luck cammy, I hope it gets sorted out.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:01 AM

Thanks blackenedwings

It has been clearly expressed to me that it was not a misunderstanding or some kind of mistake regarding delivery, but this is the best I will be getting from CBRD. A turbo $500 AUD cheaper with no porting

Needless to say Blouch and CBRD are just being penny pinching babies about this ! Failures are a cost of business guys, grow the **** up and do the right thing by people who support your companies.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, saw Troys post on FB, now this?!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by cammy
If you go back a few pages you will see I sent my failed BBK-B back to CBRD on the 18th of August 2011. I have now received a replacement turbo on the 3rd January 2012........

So after OVER four months of waiting, I rip in to the box to find not a ported BBK-B but what appears to be a five blade BBK-Full with no porting..... Chad, what is going on ? This is seriously beyond a joke at this point.
I dont have any experience with chad. But Blouch turbo makes the turbos he sells. I have spoke with Blouch a couple times on the phone with turbo questions. Tech questions I had about turbo wheel sizes and flow numbers. You know I dont want to buy a turbo thinking it was an upgrade when it may actually be a down grade. Thats a problem when specs of turbos are kept trade secrets. stupid if you ask me. They were without a doubt the most rude people I have ever spoke to. I would never do business with them after talking to them. There are numerous posts on here about their horrible customer service and how they so easily void a warranty claim. FP on the other hand is a wonder company to deal with. they dont leave their customers out to dry. You should feel lucky they sent you a turbo under warranty. and the BBK full is a glorious good turbo. good luck with your car and chalk it up as lessen learned.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
WOW ! I have just been informed now ( approaching five months later ) that my BBK-B will never be coming back to me ! and without even telling me CBRD have just sent me an unported BBK-Full as a replacement for my more expensive ported BBK-B.

Chad this is without a doubt the worst customer service experience I have ever had... I have just been lied to time and time again.

And to the fanboy's who were ripping on me saying I was paranoid... well ... hate to say i told you so but I knew this turbo had design problems and there is a very real reason why they are discontinued.

Just got to bump so other dont buy turbos from Blouch or CBRD. service this bad does not deserve repeat business.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

I've had zero problems with CBRD. You know, its funny, yeah a couple issues pop up and it gives people the wrong perception of a company. You dont go around seeing all the good people have to say about the turbo. 1 thing pops up (like this) and everyone is saying "Bad customer service" CBRD has been nothing but good to me.

The BBK-B journal bearing was discontinued only because they're making it into a BB version so they dropped production of the JB version..... not because it was "flawed"

It is bizzare they sent you a non ported Full though without some sort of refund to accompany it?

Last edited by b16a95eg; Jan 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
FP on the other hand is a wonder company to deal with. they dont leave their customers out to dry. You should feel lucky they sent you a turbo under warranty.
Uhh... I know quite a few people who have had their warranties voided by FP for dumb issues, they're not perfect either...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Where is Chad?? I wanna see a response to Cammy's issue.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn. this sucks.

Quick Reply: CBRD new BBKB results