Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Buschur 2.3 + FP Black + 39PSI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does your car drive off boost and in between shifts?
Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tscompusa
In order to properly log these temps i need a different setup, airtemps on stock ecu are by the mass airflow sensor.. worthless in this scenario.

im still on the stock compressor pipe that comes from mitsu also.. the black elbow that comes off the turbo compressor outlet which goes to 1.5"? that has got to be screwing flow as well.

Im gonna be 100% honest you have one of the nicest part selection but the turbo sucks I had the black and red and was never a big fan of stock frame turbos they hold boost like crap and fall off in power.

Sell the black and buy either a 3582 or a 6262 and your car is gonna be a monster with the storker and by the way on evo scan you can get the air temp readings.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by lillev23
How does your car drive off boost and in between shifts?
amazing.. before and after the dyno session. I spent a lot of time on it myself. with very smooth maps it made massive difference. You can shift it reving to 3800 slow and it will not hesitate or feel like its held back it lunges forward per every gear shift, so it feels good..

It took lots of work to get it perfect. It would feel like it was hitting a wall inbetween shifts and etc.. its amazing what a little time can do to just regular cruise etc.. stock ecu and mas isnt the easiest to get smooth, but you can def do it. I know im losing 30whp by having mas also.. it is gutted though. im really curious what these virtual loggers show on the road tho, because there was timing being yanked on the dyno in peak areas when ive never seen it ever on the street happening.. so i know theres more torque hidden in there as it sits, not sure about HP though.

Sean told me about 50x today to get rid of the FMIC.. which I am doing ASAP
Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:35 PM
Account Disabled

amazing.. before and after the dyno session. I spent a lot of time on it myself. with very smooth maps it made massive difference. You can shift it reving to 3800 slow and it will not hesitate or feel like its held back it lunges forward per every gear shift, so it feels good..

It took lots of work to get it perfect. It would feel like it was hitting a wall inbetween shifts and etc.. its amazing what a little time can do to just regular cruise etc.. stock ecu and mas isnt the easiest to get smooth, but you can def do it. I know im losing 30whp by having mas also.. it is gutted though. im really curious what these virtual loggers show on the road tho, because there was timing being yanked on the dyno in peak areas when ive never seen it ever on the street happening.. so i know theres more torque hidden in there as it sits, not sure about HP though.

Sean told me about 50x today to get rid of the FMIC.. which I am doing ASAP
\
How much timing is being pulled and what rpm range is this happening??
Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1slowassevo
Im gonna be 100% honest you have one of the nicest part selection but the turbo sucks I had the black and red and was never a big fan of stock frame turbos they hold boost like crap and fall off in power.

Sell the black and buy either a 3582 or a 6262 and your car is gonna be a monster with the storker and by the way on evo scan you can get the air temp readings.
You might want to come and get a ride in my car.. The fp black does not stop pulling dude.. dont get confused by the results in this thread. This turbos a ****ing monster.. ask Kreionic, he has a custom 6765 setup with a monster built engine that revs to 9500-10,000 and I know he was impressed.

i have the airtemp logs but in evoscan its using the sensor on the mass airflow sensor for a reading, so it does no good.. ask David Buschur. He has tested like 12 FMIC's so far. His last thread shows the perrin FMIC being outflown by a ebay core FMIC........ WTF!

Last edited by tscompusa2; Jul 10, 2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:39 PM
Former Sponsor

\
How much timing is being pulled and what rpm range is this happening??
1* or so at peak load.. peak load is where peak boost occurs along with peak torque... MBT on my car is approx 2*, I like it at 1*. On the dyno every pull was getting 0* so down approx 30tq.. has no effect on upper powerband though, just the peak curve.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:52 PM
Account Disabled

1* or so at peak load.. peak load is where peak boost occurs along with peak torque... MBT on my car is approx 2*, I like it at 1*. On the dyno every pull was getting 0* so down approx 30tq.. has no effect on upper powerband though, just the peak curve.

Your probably losing 20 whp and 40wtq I would love to see if the intercooler plays a role in the situation...You cannot go wrong with a garret core..I bet you your car does pull hard expecially on 39 psi imagine a 6262 with your setup on 39 psi holy ****.

The reason why your car feels like a monster compared to keronics car is the tq I been in his car and it was fast that what made me sell the stock frame turbo's and go with a big t3 setup..
Old Jul 10, 2010, 07:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Your probably losing 20 whp and 40wtq I would love to see if the intercooler plays a role in the situation...You cannot go wrong with a garret core..I bet you your car does pull hard expecially on 39 psi imagine a 6262 with your setup on 39 psi holy ****.

The reason why your car feels like a monster compared to keronics car is the tq I been in his car and it was fast that what made me sell the stock frame turbo's and go with a big t3 setup..
hes only on wastegate right now, so i didnt get to feel his beast all out. 20psi only

Ya you cant compare stock frame turbos to big boy turbos, I understand. But full boost by like 3800 come on? lol. If I feel enough diff after I swap IC i will give it to Chad to do a few dyno pulls and see where we stand with 1 less bottleneck.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats man, have seen your posts in the EcuFlash forum for quite some time!

-Will
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:03 PM
Account Disabled

hes only on wastegate right now, so i didnt get to feel his beast all out. 20psi only

Ya you cant compare stock frame turbos to big boy turbos, I understand. But full boost by like 3800 come on? lol. If I feel enough diff after I swap IC i will give it to Chad to do a few dyno pulls and see where we stand with 1 less bottleneck.

Lmfao he's still on wastegate psi when I went for a ride it was the same way..I get full boost by 5,000 rpms in fouth gear on my 2.0 liter.You should get it by 4,200 rpms in your stroker and when it comes on you better grab the wheel and your passangers their diapers..Did you order the intercooler yet??
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Lmfao he's still on wastegate psi when I went for a ride it was the same way..
Hey now peoples. Technically the cars still only tuned on 93 but tuned till 30psi i dont know why i dont have the bc connected. Anything above wastegate All i have to do to run boost is take the ebc solenoid out of the glove box and plug it in. Its all wired and plumed

Hopefully you will have the IC by weds when you do your tires

Last edited by kreionic; Jul 10, 2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Lmfao he's still on wastegate psi when I went for a ride it was the same way..I get full boost by 5,000 rpms in fouth gear on my 2.0 liter.You should get it by 4,200 rpms in your stroker and when it comes on you better grab the wheel and your passangers their diapers..Did you order the intercooler yet??
i see 34lb by 4k. I ordered the ETS 4" last night without doing research. I dont want the spearco core, i want the garrett core. I know ETS offers the garrett core as well, but my buddy Rogue is parting out his evo which has a Buschur Race FMIC and lower piping so i can eliminate the gay turbo outlet that u can get a gulf ball stuck in, so im going to grab his on mon-tuesday.

Honestly I can live with the power it has now, i expect it to trap in the 136-137 range as is, but 39psi just to make what? 610 on a dynojet? not acceptable! .. so i will change the fmic and see if we can turn the boost down to about 35lbs or so and get the same results. car will goto the track after new FMIC is swapped.

Last edited by tscompusa2; Jul 10, 2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kreionic
Hey now peoples. Technically the cars still only tuned on 93 but tuned till 30psi. Anything above wastegate All i have to do to run boost is take the ebc solenoid out of the glove box and plug it in. Its all wired and plumed

Hopefully you will have the IC by weds when you do your tires
I wont have it that soon I dont think? Unless Rogue can get it shipped out by tuesday.. not sure.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

i see 34lb by 4k. I ordered the ETS 4" last night without doing research. I dont want the spearco core, i want the garrett core. I know ETS offers the garrett core as well.
If I could go back in time I would have gotten the BR IC. I have a ETS IC right now with the ETS core. When I tried to get the garrett core from them, they didn't have any of the 3.8" cores in stock.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:23 PM
Account Disabled

i see 34lb by 4k. I ordered the ETS 4" last night without doing research. I dont want the spearco core, i want the garrett core. I know ETS offers the garrett core as well, but my buddy Rogue is parting out his evo which has a Buschur Race FMIC and lower piping so i can eliminate the gay turbo outlet that u can get a gulf ball stuck in, so im going to grab his on mon-tuesday.

Honestly I can live with the power it has now, i expect it to trap in the 136-137 range as is, but 39psi just to make what? 610 on a dynojet? not acceptable! .. so i will change the fmic and see if we can turn the boost down to about 35lbs or so and get the same results. car will goto the track after new FMIC is swapped.
Not trying to be a jerk i made 585 dynojet numbers on a 6262 with stock cams on 32 psi with 14* pump gas..Now you should make 610 on 35 psi my friend black carbon made 67whp and 585tq on 32 psi with a 2.4 and almost the same mods as you..

Quick Reply: Buschur 2.3 + FP Black + 39PSI