Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo8 - FP Red - 93oct - 369hp/329tq - Buschur Racing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn I can't believe that's all the power Buschur could make on a Red. I mean the guy makes 400whp on 93 octane on stock 9 turbos.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-purposes.html

Ya he was running a little more boost there, but the Red should be able to make more power than a 9 turbo with slightly less boost. I'd ask him why your numbers are so low.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just to throw in my input your dyno graph looks great the turbo is spooling up perfect and your TQ band isn't to bad. Ide say the problem is the cams. With that type of powerband the only issue I could imagine would be the motor getting choked up and bottle necking.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Different cams would increase your results. Kelford 272/272 and supertech springs and retainers usually compliment an FP Red very nicely.

Also, the BOV may not be able to support that boost level. You could easily upgrade to a Forge BOV which also compliment FP turbos very nicely. It may only be leaking slightly, but enough to leak off boost slowly therefore, limiting your total numbers.

Do remember you were on a mustang dyno so numbers are lower than expected.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by darwin_evo
I would say cams, gsc s2 are the best IMO. You also need to change your BOV, I bet it's leaking, although it's crushed. These two mods should get you to 400 already. People usually underestimate the gains from switching from oem to after market BOV.
You have a 6 speed trans, you should be doing 4th gear pulls. This will usually boost your numbers a little bit.

One more thing, you didn't mention anything about your LICP, you're not on the stock one right?
David recommended GSC S2's as well. I'm running a BR LICP and ETS UICP.

Originally Posted by bigturboevo80
With a better set of cams you should be able to gain 20-30 whp.
Would be nice!

Originally Posted by TK40
Damn I can't believe that's all the power Buschur could make on a Red. I mean the guy makes 400whp on 93 octane on stock 9 turbos.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-purposes.html

Ya he was running a little more boost there, but the Red should be able to make more power than a 9 turbo with slightly less boost. I'd ask him why your numbers are so low.
The owner of this Hunk of **** can't believe it either. I didn't ask him why the numbers are so low haha simply because that's the last question he wants to hear. I'm running practically all of his parts, but he doesn't know what's holding me back. Am I mad at him? No. Am I disappointed? Absolutely!
Old Nov 1, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think it was mike@awd that said 1 wrong part can trash results from thousands spent on other quality parts. how right it seems
Old Nov 1, 2010, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
funny thing is, your spool is great. I'll be running almost the exact same setup as you come next spring...right down to the hks 272s haha. they are a friendly cam and they were pretty good back in 2005 when nothing else was available..but everyone is right about getting something more current. What WGA are you running cus ur boost holding and tq curve actually look good, the numbers are just low for whatever reason...
Old Nov 4, 2010, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
funny thing is, your spool is great. I'll be running almost the exact same setup as you come next spring...right down to the hks 272s haha. they are a friendly cam and they were pretty good back in 2005 when nothing else was available..but everyone is right about getting something more current. What WGA are you running cus ur boost holding and tq curve actually look good, the numbers are just low for whatever reason...
18PSI from Forced Performance. Did you buy all of your parts yet? I'm thinking of going back to stock. I'm not happy with the car at all. Shortly after my clutch was installed it started kicking out of Reverse. I almost got stuck at work the other day. My original plan was to keep the car reliable but make it somewhat quick. I don't feel it's reliable at all anymore.

Anyway, let me know if you still need to buy parts.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Hardware
18PSI from Forced Performance. Did you buy all of your parts yet? I'm thinking of going back to stock. I'm not happy with the car at all. Shortly after my clutch was installed it started kicking out of Reverse. I almost got stuck at work the other day. My original plan was to keep the car reliable but make it somewhat quick. I don't feel it's reliable at all anymore.

Anyway, let me know if you still need to buy parts.
uh oh..i dont like to hear that...Yea i have everything except the red, but im sending in a spare IX turbo i have to be converted. That stinks that ur not satisfied with the car. You and me are in the same boat here..I'm about to upgrade my clutch and move to the red (or hta green) and im worried about losing reliability. Before u make any big decisions to scrap ur project, u should run over to CBRD (if u do indeed live in PA) and see if they can straighten ur car out. It would be another bill to pay, but they have a great cust service record and have a way of troubleshooting and fixing problems encountered at other shops/tuners. Give them a try if u wanna give this setup one more chance before parting out..good luck
Old Nov 8, 2010, 07:39 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
uh oh..i dont like to hear that...Yea i have everything except the red, but im sending in a spare IX turbo i have to be converted. That stinks that ur not satisfied with the car. You and me are in the same boat here..I'm about to upgrade my clutch and move to the red (or hta green) and im worried about losing reliability. Before u make any big decisions to scrap ur project, u should run over to CBRD (if u do indeed live in PA) and see if they can straighten ur car out. It would be another bill to pay, but they have a great cust service record and have a way of troubleshooting and fixing problems encountered at other shops/tuners. Give them a try if u wanna give this setup one more chance before parting out..good luck
if we can help let us know,

I think there are some good recommendations here on the BOV etc...

out of about 20 cars we've tested in the past month or so.. only ONE single car has had a NON leaking OEM bov.... each has benefitted drastically from an upgrade!

cb
Old Nov 8, 2010, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those recommending an aftermarket BOV, what are you recommending for use with an FP turbo?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 08:01 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by metalsaber
Those recommending an aftermarket BOV, what are you recommending for use with an FP turbo?
the new Synchronic works well, the compact... less fittings to leak and such than the previous!

We used to use the APS on everything.. but they arent importing them now!

and, some will recommend Tial, but in our experience the tial (recirc also) has too much of an on/off operation to it.... it can be hard to modulate while under boost or with varying throttle application.

cb
Old Nov 8, 2010, 08:39 AM

boost leak on bov, get another bov! synchronic/tial you can't go wrong with them.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
if we can help let us know,

I think there are some good recommendations here on the BOV etc...

out of about 20 cars we've tested in the past month or so.. only ONE single car has had a NON leaking OEM bov.... each has benefitted drastically from an upgrade!

cb
Chad, I'd like to get up to you guys on the next Saturday you're available. I was hoping you guys could look at my problem with it kicking out of Reverse.

Also I'll buy the Synchronic BOV if you carry it. Not sure if it works with my ETS UICP. Not ready for a retune yet though. Please PM when you get a moment and let me know what date might work. We previously talked through email that Nov 20th might work. Thanks!

-Brian
Old Nov 8, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

strange how BR often posts graphs of their cars breaking 400 with stock 9 turbos...
Old Nov 8, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Kelford 272's or GSC s2's proven results...

Quick Reply: Evo8 - FP Red - 93oct - 369hp/329tq - Buschur Racing