Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

LR 2.4 HTA 3586 on E85

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gkania
Agreed.

I watched the video of the car after it was built and tuned originally. It sounded great and made awesome power for low boost. You probably should have never left and you wouldn't be where you're at.

I went to ttp's website and there are no "new" heads for sale. They don't sell any new heads. It sounds like to assumed the head you bought was a new core based on its looks. I don't know what you paid but I read you traded your head as a core to be rebuilt. This is typical.

If you turned in a USED HEAD then why would you think you would get a brand new head in return?

You do know cylinder heads BARE WITHOUT VALVES from the dealer is $1425, then you add in valves $350, Valve guides $150, Springs and retainers $425, 3-5 angle valve job and valve lapping $450, pressure testing etc.

For comparison, Buschurs ported head is on their site is $1625 + used core and you get a used head from someone that turned theirs in as a core just like you said you did.

It sounds like you are just quick to jump to your own conclusions about everything, your blaming everyone, making accusations and now apologizing for your misinformation in the end.

Your first mistake in everything was thinking that you can make a 700whp street car indestructible and underestimated the responsibility in owning one.
why do you keep stating things you have no idea about.. I tell you what I live close to you if you want to meet up I can tell you the facts from start to finish. You werent there at all you do not know what scott told or sold me so why dont you stfu unless you know the facts?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Yeah man. His kneejerk reaction may not have been well thought out but after spending thousands of dollars and not getting to enjoy the car you'd be pretty hot as well. He apologized and is looking to move on.
he is one of scotts fan boys the few and the proud. I used to say the same thing until he did what he did to me. Dont worry give it a few years he will change his tune as well just like RYU and many others have.

I should have known not to let scott touch a car that makes over 500hp he does not have allot of experience with those types of things.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Shop measured everything out today it was over 10000 piston to wall gap above the ring line which means(what I was told correct me if im wrong) it was that way from the start.

I am going to put the car up for sale if it sells as is great if not I will fix it and then sell it.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by localtoys73
Shop measured everything out today it was over 10000 piston to wall gap above the ring line which means(what I was told correct me if im wrong) it was that way from the start.

I am going to put the car up for sale if it sells as is great if not I will fix it and then sell it.
I've been in their shop plenty of times and there has never been a "new" cylinder head in there EVER that I have seen. I've bought lots of parts from them and have seen a few heads there that were re-machined and upgraded.

Its obvious you're mad at the world and now you're back to blaming everyone else again for your problems. I guess Buschur is up to bat now with your claimed "10,000" piston clearance.

I'm sure everyone is tired of reading you type 10,000 so here is a link for you.

http://www.aaamath.com/dec51ax2.htm
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gkania
I've been in their shop plenty of times and there has never been a "new" cylinder head in there EVER that I have seen. I've bought lots of parts from them and have seen a few heads there that were re-machined and upgraded.

Its obvious you're mad at the world and now you're back to blaming everyone else again for your problems. I guess Buschur is up to bat now with your claimed "10,000" piston clearance.

I'm sure everyone is tired of reading you type 10,000 so here is a link for you.

http://www.aaamath.com/dec51ax2.htm
your such a funny guy yet you were not there when I purchased anything so how can you say for sure what Scott claimed was new and not new. My offer still stands if you want to meet up so I can explain things in person and you can give me a math lesson as well.

And since we are posting links here is one for you.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=2400527

I should have taken a picture of the measurement I guess I can get the shop to do that this week so its not a claimed number anymore. I told everyone I would have a damage report on Monday well today is Monday so that is my report.

Last edited by localtoys73; Jun 20, 2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

block is in to bad of shape to bore, needs new pistons and bearings. I will send the old block to Dave once I get it out of the car so he can look at what he needs to look at.
Mike from AWD is helping me find a replacement block at the moment.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it.
block is in to bad of shape to bore, .
i'm sorry but whoever is feeding you info on the motor is wrong...you stated yourself the block/bore is beat up...do they not realize that alone would skew the measurements even if the pistons were still usable...besides that motor would have been making an enormous amount of noise if it was that loose(especially on the cold start).....good luck on the rebuild
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Below the ring line the block has many scores on it no scores above it. I will take pictures. I understand what you are saying I am just posting what has been found. Car did make noise but nothing crazy sounded more like ticking then knocking sound.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:53 PM

Shop measured everything out today it was over 10000 piston to wall gap above the ring line which means(what I was told correct me if im wrong) it was that way from the start..
Are you saying that they measured the clearance from the top of the piston? If so, that's wrong way of doing it and the measurement is irrelevant.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Below the ring line the block has many scores on it no scores above it. I will take pictures. I understand what you are saying I am just posting what has been found. Car did make noise but nothing crazy sounded more like ticking then knocking sound.
ok so they compared that measurement to the measurement you got from the piston skirts that are scarred up?...im sorry but you're grasping at straws here...i really do hope you get it all sorted out,i was following your build thread and hoped to see some sweet numbers...good luck
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

they took measurements all throughout the bore. I will take pics its much easier to explain with pictures. The ring line and above does not get hit by the piston so there are no wear marks there a measurement from that point would give the same measurement as when the bore was new which is out of spec according to them.
This is all what I am being told I do not build engines maybe i am being given mis information. This engine builder is well known and respected I do not think he would have anything to gain by giving out false info.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

they took measurements all throughout the bore. I will take pics its much easier to explain with pictures. The ring line and above does not get hit by the piston so there are no wear marks there a measurement from that point would give the same measurement as when the bore was new which is out of spec according to them.
This is all what I am being told I do not build engines maybe i am being given mis information. This engine builder is well known and respected I do not think he would have anything to gain by giving out false info.
you need to know the bore measurement and the piston skirt diameter to get a ptw clearance...(bore diameter - piston diameter =ptw clearance)

you said the piston skirts are scarred up..so even if the bore is factory fresh(which its not) you still need to get an accurate piston skirt measurement which is impossible to do if the skirts are beat up..

if they were to assemble the motor today then yea the ptw would be way too high and the motor would sound like a bunch of neighbor kids kicking a metal garbage can down the street...but there is absolutely no way of knowing what the ptw was when the motor was originally assembled...

hope you understand what im saying
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:13 PM

nice power man
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:20 PM

Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

there are parts on the pistons that are not scored and parts above the ring line on the bore that is not scored as well. Couldnt you measure the good parts and get an accurate measurement? I do understand what you are saying I am just trying to figure out why the shop would even give me the measurements if there is no way to get an accurate measurement at this point.
There was odd noises coming from the engine bay but neither tuner or anyone who went for a ride said anything about it so I chalked it up to a built motor normal noise.

I will try to take some pics of the pistons and the areas I am talking about.
thanks for your info.

Quick Reply: LR 2.4 HTA 3586 on E85