Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

evo 9 turbo on steroids

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 4xforce
All I can say is to expect most people to be skeptical. There has to be something that isn't being considered as to what is causing the numbers you're getting as there usually is in cases like this. What was the temp outside when the car owner was doing these pulls? The vehicle weight in VD seems awfully low. Not trying to be a d!ck but I hesitate to believe there is something magical enough about this car for these numbers to be totally legit. If I'm wrong then I guess I need to start praying to the Evo gods for more ponies!
look at the boost curve then look at the mod list.. should be more then enough information.

car has weight reduction, trans upgrade, and is a evo 9 MR with a 5spd gearbox.

no idea.. maybe 60F outside. maybe colder.. i dont know.

it put 2 cars on a 120mph trapping audi s4 last night from a roll race giving the audi the hit.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Also is the vehicle an Evo 9 or an 8 with an Evo 9 turbo? I'm assuming the EPM housing is a dump housing!?
yes that's a dump tube. evo 9 car
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:33 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice job Tom...30 psi on stock motor/turbo on 93 oct. ftw!! haha...I am interseted in seeing what this car runs at the track. I see the owner is in Jersey, I wonder what his local track is? Once the meth. is added I see 450/400 not being too much of an issue. Maybe the crushed stock BOV is hurting his boost up top? I really like the Synapse DV personally...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
Nice job Tom...30 psi on stock motor/turbo on 93 oct. ftw!! haha...I am interseted in seeing what this car runs at the track. I see the owner is in Jersey, I wonder what his local track is? Once the meth. is added I see 450/400 not being too much of an issue. Maybe the crushed stock BOV is hurting his boost up top? I really like the Synapse DV personally...
Thanks B.J.

I think the bov is hurting for sure yes. it seems to be tapering off boost sooner then other cars do. From my experience synapse is a good unit for sure.. it holds great.

I'm not sure what his local track is, he will respond in here probably if not i dont know. i think 450 can be done but wont know until tried.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05blue8
On my 35R I saw over 100hp difference when adding meth when I had the 35R but the tune never got finished so not sure if 70 on a stock is doable, if it is Tom can do it. Even though he's got stock cams everything is ported so he's moving some air for sure, that's gotta be helping. Buschur's porting has been proven to increase power by 25-30hp and 30-40tq if not more on STOCK turbo cars when tuned. I'd be willing to bet that jump right before 4k is all that extra air moving. Match that up with everything else ported and I'd say it isn't a freak car but a well put together one
Lol, thanks for noticing. A lot of thought and money has been spent on this set up.

The car defiantly boogies for what it is.

All I can say is to expect most people to be skeptical. There has to be something that isn't being considered as to what is causing the numbers you're getting as there usually is in cases like this. What was the temp outside when the car owner was doing these pulls? The vehicle weight in VD seems awfully low. Not trying to be a d!ck but I hesitate to believe there is something magical enough about this car for these numbers to be totally legit. If I'm wrong then I guess I need to start praying to the Evo gods for more ponies!
The vehicle weight is 2960lbs (as per corner balance @Eurotire). Many of the lightweight items are rotating assembly so the savings go beyond what is seen on the scales.

Weight brake down: 2960+200(me)+ fuel (full)l 84lbs =3220

Pretty dead on with the weigh he made me 19lbs heavier so the number should be higher then (technically, not that it matters to me) lol.

Praying to the Evo gods will not get you far. Spending money at Buschur/Ams/Ets (all great companies), then Email Tom for a tune got me this far eh.

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
Yep I'm in Jersey, Etown and Island are both about the same distance. I wont be here for the Evo v STI shootout but I would like to make it to the track. I would like to go to Etown this time because I broke last time at Island 2nd pass (many many mods ago). Now thanks to a shep's stage 3 tc, hopefully it wont happen again. Plus I have family near by etown and I could store it there if there was a problem.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Very nice power for a stock turbo EVO. The tq looks good in the top end too.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:04 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Peshki19
Yep I'm in Jersey, Etown and Island are both about the same distance. I wont be here for the Evo v STI shootout but I would like to make it to the track. I would like to go to Etown this time because I broke last time at Island 2nd pass (many many mods ago). Now thanks to a shep's stage 3 tc, hopefully it wont happen again. Plus I have family near by etown and I could store it there if there was a problem.
Sounds good, we will have to trade info and meet up at Island or E-town at some point. Last time I was at Island was with EvoDan. I am not that big of a fan of E-town because 11.50s or faster & they may boot you for no cage. I enjoy that Island is a lot more slack about stuff. I've dropped around 100lbs out of my car since the last time I went to Island, this past spring, so I would like to hit Island another time this year before they close. I want to see if I can get my worn out 6 spd trans to get me down the track a little bit quicker than last time & then she is getting pulled for the built 5 spd sitting in my garage...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

my car made 380 whp and 400 torque on what appears to be 94 octane...at 30 psi...on cheap ebay fmic and stock throttle body
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SICK! Nice to finally see the chart, the first time Bert told me I was like....wait it made how much power??? It defies all possibility but it turned into a reality for sure.

NNJ GG Evo's will be spinning circles around mostly everything on the road

And Ive been telling him for almost a year now, ditch the stupid crushed BOV and get a damn tial already!!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Great job.

What size are the tires?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
SICK! Nice to finally see the chart, the first time Bert told me I was like....wait it made how much power??? It defies all possibility but it turned into a reality for sure.

NNJ GG Evo's will be spinning circles around mostly everything on the road

And Ive been telling him for almost a year now, ditch the stupid crushed BOV and get a damn tial already!!
power figures are definitely impressive to say the least...as far as the bov goes, he loves it-for what reason i have no idea, well i do but it does not make too much sense when your chasing power...

when we vboxing your evo, dude?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These are some high numbrers. I can believe the tq but the camless 414? Something isnt adding up. Uncorrected maybe
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

The IX turbo is a beast.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:10 AM

Mine made 400/392 corrected with entire stock longblock, stock o2 housing, stock IX turbo on only 26psi@ AWD's dynojet. It's not impossible.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Great job.

What size are the tires?
tire size is right on the graph. 245/45/17.

Quick Reply: evo 9 turbo on steroids