Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Blevins tuned Evo 8 stock turbo 383/362 PUMP GAS 23 psii

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramonski
Nice pump numbers, I'm looking to switch to e85 soon to do some dirty work of my own lol
You can certainly feel the difference lol it's night and day but that 360 tq isn't as hard to swallow as the typical 320-330 most have to transition from coming from e85 as I said I will likely still run corn 75% of the time but this tune is making me love me some pump gas lol.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by svt_lightning01
There is when you email and you dont take the time to fool with idle settings lol. Too much logging for me, just gimmie da powaaaa! Lol and thanks bro I appreciate it. It should honestly go 123+ 4th gear was giving me issues at the time of the 121 pass.
shouldn't need to dial it in. its something that should have been there by default with the first map. just trying to help you out so you get better service in the future from your tuner.

also i wouldn't say this tune is conservative. it cant conservatively make these #'s. its coming from the timing map, which wont be conservative.

i hate to point out the flaws with the cold start on e85, but it will only better your experience with your evo in the future.

Last edited by tscompusa; Jan 19, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice pump gas numbers!! I'm also shooting for 11.9 on 93 this year. It's going to be even harder for me since I don't have cams but that's part of the fun for me!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
Nice pump gas numbers!! I'm also shooting for 11.9 on 93 this year. It's going to be even harder for me since I don't have cams but that's part of the fun for me!
Good luck bro it's gonna be a challenge for me lol
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
shouldn't need to dial it in. its something that should have been there by default with the first map. just trying to help you out so you get better service in the future from your tuner.

also i wouldn't say this tune is conservative. it cant conservatively make these #'s. its coming from the timing map, which wont be conservative.

i hate to point out the flaws with the cold start on e85, but it will only better your experience with your evo in the future.
Lol I'm 150% satisfied with my tuner. No doubt about that. I seen the log of the timing advance. As far as the timing, afr's, and boost overall it is conservative. Very low afr's, low boost, the timing is not dangerous at all. I would call that conservative.

And I don't mind the criticism I would give any advice I had also. But from my end I am not concerned with it. I'm sure if he is capable of doing what he has he can make it idle at start up I just haven't been that bothered with it. The pouring of the gas from cans was by far the ending factor of e85 in the winter.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They see me rollin.......
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Lol I'm 150% satisfied with my tuner. No doubt about that. I seen the log of the timing advance. As far as the timing, afr's, and boost overall it is conservative. Very low afr's, low boost, the timing is not dangerous at all. I would call that conservative.

And I don't mind the criticism I would give any advice I had also. But from my end I am not concerned with it. I'm sure if he is capable of doing what he has he can make it idle at start up I just haven't been that bothered with it. The pouring of the gas from cans was by far the ending factor of e85 in the winter.
the word conservative means two different things for us i can tell. to me it means there's more power left to get from the tune and that it is purposely detuned. for example, say i have a fp black and im making 600whp. if i want to make the tune conservative, im going to lower it to 550whp and call it done. so i think were just using the word differently. definitely a misunderstanding. in no way was i trying to imply you have a dangerous tune.

Last edited by tscompusa; Jan 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Good luck bro it's gonna be a challenge for me lol
Thanks man, you too!! I know it won't be easy but I've seen it done so I know it's possible.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Solid numbers on a stock viii turblow
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gpfury86
Solid numbers on a stock viii turblow
Lol turblow. Thanks bro I appreciate it
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:55 PM
STy

How does the butt-dyno feel now?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STy
How does the butt-dyno feel now?
I don't follow? Lol
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Great results man, wish i had that much torque!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
the word conservative means two different things for us i can tell. to me it means there's more power left to get from the tune and that it is purposely detuned. for example, say i have a fp black and im making 600whp. if i want to make the tune conservative, im going to lower it to 550whp and call it done. so i think were just using the word differently. definitely a misunderstanding. in no way was i trying to imply you have a dangerous tune.

Very true ^, & this is a very apparent misunderstanding on these forums.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BEKevo
Very true ^, & this is a very apparent misunderstanding on these forums.
Well most people say "conservative" or "aggressive" tunes. Throw out English class. So in that instance "conservative" would mean not "aggressive". This is how I look at it based on how people speak about tuning. But I can understand the confusion I guess. Either way. Big power. No danger. Me happy.

Quick Reply: Blevins tuned Evo 8 stock turbo 383/362 PUMP GAS 23 psii