Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

TSComptuned / 2.4LR FP Black Stainless SS housing GSC R2 Cams 93octane | 588/478tq

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you explain the catch can routing? Mine just has one from each side going to the same can and then it dumping down to the ground instead of a little VTA filter on top.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am running 2 catch cans.

Rear catch with two -6 an lines. One to the side port on the valve cover, and one going to the dipstick vent.

Second catch can is near the filter. two -10 an. One from the rear port of the valve cover, and the other from the oil cap vent.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 02:48 AM
Evolving Member

Did you remove the PCV valve? I just have, like i said abov,e one from the rear part of the valve cover(removed pcv) and the side of the valve cover running to one catch can. Do you ever push out your dipstick? Hows quickly is that can filling up? Mine fills up every 4000 miles. Thanks for your help. Maybe I should invest in an oil cap vent too.

Originally Posted by _des_
I am running 2 catch cans.

Rear catch with two -6 an lines. One to the side port on the valve cover, and one going to the dipstick vent.

Second catch can is near the filter. two -10 an. One from the rear port of the valve cover, and the other from the oil cap vent.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by j255c
Did you remove the PCV valve? I just have, like i said abov,e one from the rear part of the valve cover(removed pcv) and the side of the valve cover running to one catch can. Do you ever push out your dipstick? Hows quickly is that can filling up? Mine fills up every 4000 miles. Thanks for your help. Maybe I should invest in an oil cap vent too.

The rear PCV is removed. It used to push the dipstick out but after the Vent and the spring on the dipstick it hasn't. I have never actually filled mine up? I draining it out from time to time but never allowed it to fill up.
Ya the oil cap vent is extremely convenient. I'm going to replace the baffle inside of it to a different type of mesh.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any videos/ dyno pulls of this car?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
who sells the oil cap baffle?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
that is very nice peak numbers for pump gas. very nice actually.
but.
the low end is terrible. the spool is 500 rpm slower than typical for a 600ish hp black on a stroker. found several blacks (pump and e85) making 400tq 600 rm quicker. from these results I would say this should deflate any hype that this new housing is a improvement across the board. these look like the typical expectation of sacrificing spool for better top end power. TS to open scroll.

the top and end numbers are brilliant but i have the same problem here with the ss house green and black the spool up late quite a few 100rpms and before 1000 rpm from full spool up missing a lot of torque, typcal garrett style .
i like more the mhi house .
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
who sells the oil cap baffle?
Hal Landry makes them.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

I'm considering selling the whole catch can setup. Both catch cans. all the lines, oil cap and fittings.
Want to try something different.
PM if you are interested.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 05:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
We are putting a FP Zero on this car now. Will update once its all ready to go.

Doing some fuel system adjustments first to support the power we are about to produce.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Please do a 93 tune on this car! I'd love to see what it can do compared to a pump 3586 set up or the previous black numbers. It would almost be a direct comparison if you plan on using 93 right?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 03:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by doober
Please do a 93 tune on this car! I'd love to see what it can do compared to a pump 3586 set up or the previous black numbers. It would almost be a direct comparison if you plan on using 93 right?
We will tune it on 93 first. Unfortunately no it wont be a direct comparison because weather is going to get colder. It already has started to now. But we can figure out the differences in temps based on the dates the runs were made with time stamps and deduct it.

What will be more interesting to see is how it spools vs the fp black.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
We will tune it on 93 first. Unfortunately no it wont be a direct comparison because weather is going to get colder. It already has started to now. But we can figure out the differences in temps based on the dates the runs were made with time stamps and deduct it.

That's exactly what I'm looking forward to seeing also.

Goodluck fellas.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa

Tom, I live in Alabama. Winter doesn't start until like February. Weather should be close lol
Old Sep 10, 2014, 04:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by _des_
Tom, I live in Alabama. Winter doesn't start until like February. Weather should be close lol
Didnt know that. sorry for the laggy response back also. Learn something new everyday.

Quick Reply: TSComptuned / 2.4LR FP Black Stainless SS housing GSC R2 Cams 93octane | 588/478tq