Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Lancer Evolution 1-9 Forums > Evo Dyno Tuning and Results
Reload this Page >

Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi

Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning and Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi

Old Nov 2, 2014, 02:40 AM
  #1  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 10,301
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi

TSComptuned 2.4L 9.7:1 - Half Filled
TSComptuned cylinder head (Buschur port/polish/mill/oring)
Buschur Forward Facing 6466 Turbo kit (.82 AR vband)
Buschur Double pumper
Buschur Race FMIC
Buschur 3" Vband downpipe
Buschur Lower ic piping
Cobb 3" catback exhaust /w testpipe
GSC S3 cams
FIC 2150cc injectors
-8 AN Goodridge 910 kevlar feedline
Stock feedline as return
Fore Innovations Inline fuel filter
Map Rev 3 Ported intake manifold
Full Blown 70mm TB
ETS upper ic piping /w Tial Q bov
Hallman Pro MBC / Grimmspeed 3 port
Driveshaft shop carbon fiber driveshaft
Shep racing ultimate ratio transmission /w 4.11 FD
Tephra v7 Speed density

Graphs: (2 passengers + me driving + my weight reductions)

First graph displays the lowest boost vs the highest boost:



2nd graph displays various pulls from lowest to highest:



Outside temp during pulls mid to high 40's. All pulls on graph done in 3rd gear.

================================================== ============

LATEST UPDATED RESULTS on 93oct and E85 in summer temps:



LATEST ENGINE BAY PIC:



2-3 at wastegate pressure (752WHP):


Track results @ 780WHP (44mph back half (First slip car wouldn't go into 4th gear):


Last edited by tscompusa; May 10, 2016 at 10:32 AM. Reason: pics
tscompusa is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2014, 06:04 AM
  #2  
Evolving Member
 
SiriusEvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: D
Posts: 195
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Nice setup. Nice spool, Nice car! and of course nice power!
SiriusEvo is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2014, 07:09 AM
  #3  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Va-Ma
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Amazing build and crazy work as always. Great job Tom
chris8aguirre is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2014, 08:10 AM
  #4  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (3)
 
phizzalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North/Central/South Florida
Posts: 343
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Very nice! Thats a lot of torque, good luck at the track!!
phizzalot is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2014, 02:35 PM
  #5  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (21)
 
FameEvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Socal
Posts: 134
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
That's it, I'm showing up to your place on Wednesday and your taking me for a spin lol
FameEvo is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2014, 06:03 PM
  #6  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Damn son! Looking good. Is that 3rd gear spool? That's spooling nice! 400tq at low 4k rpm.
batty200 is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2014, 06:57 PM
  #7  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 644
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Great setup and some awesome Power! Good luck at the track!

9's for sure with a 1.6xxx or anything better, 150+ MPH would be a really nice touch
Freddy302 is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2014, 09:51 PM
  #8  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (3)
 
mitsubeastlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 946
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
you will get your 9 second timeslip if it holds together! goodluck!
mitsubeastlee is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:56 PM
  #9  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 10,301
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by SiriusEvo View Post
Nice setup. Nice spool, Nice car! and of course nice power!
Thanks man. You have a nice setup yourself as well.

Originally Posted by chris8aguirre View Post
Amazing build and crazy work as always. Great job Tom
Thank you Chris.

Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
Very nice! Thats a lot of torque, good luck at the track!!
Thanks Ron

Originally Posted by FameEvo View Post
That's it, I'm showing up to your place on Wednesday and your taking me for a spin lol
Ya I will take you for a ride.

Originally Posted by batty200 View Post
Damn son! Looking good. Is that 3rd gear spool? That's spooling nice! 400tq at low 4k rpm.
Haha. Yes 3rd gear, but remember 4.11 Final drive so its like a 4th gear pull on a regular final drive i think.

Originally Posted by Freddy302 View Post
Great setup and some awesome Power! Good luck at the track!

9's for sure with a 1.6xxx or anything better, 150+ MPH would be a really nice touch
Thanks Freddy. I hope so. I need to do some testing before i can verify its ready for track 100%. Ran into a little issue i will post in 2nd response after commenting here.

Originally Posted by mitsubeastlee View Post
you will get your 9 second timeslip if it holds together! goodluck!
Thanks You mean HG wise? haha. Ya no ****. That's the only thing I don't like about this block. I think I'm gonna throw that 4g63 block in the car eventually.
tscompusa is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:40 PM
  #10  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 10,301
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
I took the car out today and now its blowing out spark. Gonna try fresh plugs first, if that doesnt work I guess its time for a CDI ignition.

I pulled all the plugs, they definitely looked rich, and there was fuel on the pistons. Running the car and boosting it with 10.6 AFR played its toll on the plugs.

I run BPR8eix i gap very tight. This ignition system has never really gave me issues, and I owned it since 2009 or so (sparktech non cdi).

I did a compression test also while I had the plugs out since i never did one before after rebuilding the engine.

It came back better then I even expected, so I am really happy about that. Every cylinder has 170psi+ of pressure with a fully cold engine.

I took it out mainly to get another video for people to see it at 810whp, but the video shut off the first time in the middle of the pulls.

I also experienced some weird voltage issues last night when I was tuning the car. The lights were dimming and stuff was clicking and going nuts at idle, so i was kind of not trusting the battery either. Its a brand new yellowtop. In boost its got 13.5 volts, at idle with headlights, heater, and radio on it is only idling at 12.2 volts though. I could of sworn it was 14 volts at idle before no matter what load was on the car.

This alternator had a half quart of oil come out of it before, so maybe its crapping out.

Shouldn't the alternator draw 14 v if its healthy even with a crappy battery or am i wrong? I know some cars can stay running with just the alternator and the battery unhooked.

Either way heres the video where it shut off on me. Stupid iphone.

It misfired in the vid also but cant really tell. It triggered the knock light though.


If new plugs fix the issue Its going to the track most likely Wednesday if weather is ok.
tscompusa is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:44 PM
  #11  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (5)
 
V8HAHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tucson
Posts: 485
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tscompusa View Post
I took the car out today and now its blowing out spark. Gonna try fresh plugs first, if that doesnt work I guess its time for a CDI ignition.

I pulled all the plugs, they definitely looked rich, and there was fuel on the pistons. Running the car and boosting it with 10.6 AFR played its toll on the plugs.

I run BPR8eix i gap very tight. This ignition system has never really gave me issues, and I owned it since 2009 or so (sparktech non cdi).

I did a compression test also while I had the plugs out since i never did one before after rebuilding the engine.

It came back better then I even expected, so I am really happy about that. Every cylinder has 170psi+ of pressure with a fully cold engine.

I took it out mainly to get another video for people to see it at 810whp, but the video shut off the first time in the middle of the pulls.

I also experienced some weird voltage issues last night when I was tuning the car. The lights were dimming and stuff was clicking and going nuts at idle, so i was kind of not trusting the battery either. Its a brand new yellowtop. In boost its got 13.5 volts, at idle with headlights, heater, and radio on it is only idling at 12.2 volts though. I could of sworn it was 14 volts at idle before no matter what load was on the car.

This alternator had a half quart of oil come out of it before, so maybe its crapping out.

Shouldn't the alternator draw 14 v if its healthy even with a crappy battery or am i wrong? I know some cars can stay running with just the alternator and the battery unhooked.

Either way heres the video where it shut off on me. Stupid iphone.

It misfired in the vid also but cant really tell. It triggered the knock light though.

2nd gear misfire in progress - YouTube

If new plugs fix the issue Its going to the track most likely Wednesday if weather is ok.
My BR8s were causing a break up the other night when we were on the dyno. #2 was running rich. We gapped them down hella tight and they worked fine. I'm thinking its about time for a CDI system myself. I know I'm maxing out the COP and need to move on to spark tech. I hope you find a cheaper fix than CDI ignition id love to follow suit.
V8HAHA is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2014, 09:22 PM
  #12  
Newbie
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: WI
Posts: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would say it may be time for a upgrade for your alternator which in turn should boost the ignition as well so you won't have to upgrade just yet.
wwcagedevo8 is offline  
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:49 AM
  #13  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 10,301
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by V8HAHA View Post
My BR8s were causing a break up the other night when we were on the dyno. #2 was running rich. We gapped them down hella tight and they worked fine. I'm thinking its about time for a CDI system myself. I know I'm maxing out the COP and need to move on to spark tech. I hope you find a cheaper fix than CDI ignition id love to follow suit.
I confirmed tonight that my alternator is dead. I thought maybe it was the optima yellow top since I don't know how they behave in cars, but it wasn't that. I bought a new red top from advance auto, and it did the same thing.

The car was 14v at first, then 5 min of idling it dropped to 11v. The alternator is just not working properly.

I know this isn't something that's recommended, but I also disconnected the negative terminal with the car running, and the car instantly shut off. I had a few friends do the same, and their evos stayed running, so I know my alternator is shot.

Heres a picture of how tight I gap my plugs. Probably similar to yours.



Originally Posted by wwcagedevo8 View Post
I would say it may be time for a upgrade for your alternator which in turn should boost the ignition as well so you won't have to upgrade just yet.
It was the alternator.

I am just going to get a new OEM or are you recommending me to get more then OEM AMP? I thought I read bad things about to much amps in these cars somewhere.

I really wanted to go to the track Wednesday, but I don't think I can now. Thats why I went and rushed to get a new battery local instead of saving myself $30~ from getting it from amazon.
Attached Thumbnails Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi-gap.jpg  
tscompusa is offline  
Old Nov 4, 2014, 09:57 AM
  #14  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 132
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was having the exact same issue and thought it was my alternator, however it turned out to be my power wire going to the alternator had corroded badly and wasn't making a good connection inside the terminal (I replaced the stock wire with a heavier gauge when I rebuilt the engine and soldered it, the solder just didn't hold)

It was hard to diagnose because the heat shrink kept the wire in place, but once I bent the terminal it just kinda fell apart.

Also, I sent you a message about finishing my tune, not sure if you got it.

Last edited by craig05evo; Nov 4, 2014 at 10:00 AM.
craig05evo is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2014, 08:38 PM
  #15  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (169)
 
SLVRNBLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,054
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Nitto 555R
These are the only set of tires I've ever used on my Evo

Good to see you taking care of all these small issues. I really want to see what this BEAST is going to do at the track. Awesome job Tom!
SLVRNBLK is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Round #2 TSComptuned 2.4L Buschur FF 6466 GSC S3 E85 32psi through 38psi


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.