Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo IX Bolt Ons and E85 - UPDATED RESULTS/MODS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankyboy9
Nice numbers! Crazy amount of torque!
Thanks!

Car runs amazing.

Keep in mind the blue line (413/425) is where we left it at. I figured it was safer than 453WTQ lol.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice looking numbers!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nickmn
Nice looking numbers!
Thank you.

The power band feels great.

Considering a JB FP Red upgrade in the next few months now that FP has lowered the price of JB turbos
Old Jan 22, 2015, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by mrm95
Thank you.

The power band feels great.

Considering a JB FP Red upgrade in the next few months now that FP has lowered the price of JB turbos
nice car. looks like a fun street car.

the new fp turbos are all using the new SS housing which means new downpipe combo
Old Jan 22, 2015, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by uicsux
nice car. looks like a fun street car.

the new fp turbos are all using the new SS housing which means new downpipe combo
Not if you get the new FP 02 housing which connects their new SS housing to a stock style downpipe
Old Jan 22, 2015, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
Not if you get the new FP 02 housing which connects their new SS housing to a stock style downpipe
still ~250 for the housing and you need to hack and weld no?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice!

Those r some killer numbers. Is the car still running good? Was it necessary to upgrade your head bolts?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 01:16 PM

amazing results! I hope to achieve these one day.. hah
Old Apr 19, 2016, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Nice drag times. Just a heads up. I ran an E-85 conversion in '09 here on the west coast when it was first available locally. Block lasted 1 1/2 years then windowed. I was running similar HP and around 400 WTQ on a mustang dyno. Pin actually ripped from the piston casting and threw rod into block. The instant torque provided by stock cams and turbo take there toll over time. It is a super fun setup. Torque is so underated......lol

Old Apr 20, 2016, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by whtrice
Nice drag times. Just a heads up. I ran an E-85 conversion in '09 here on the west coast when it was first available locally. Block lasted 1 1/2 years then windowed. I was running similar HP and around 400 WTQ on a mustang dyno. Pin actually ripped from the piston casting and threw rod into block. The instant torque provided by stock cams and turbo take there toll over time. It is a super fun setup. Torque is so underated......lol

That's a pretty decent amount of time for the block to last at the known torque limit for the block, how many miles were on it?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jmills
That's a pretty decent amount of time for the block to last at the known torque limit for the block, how many miles were on it?
Low 30's
Old Apr 21, 2016, 03:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
I retuned this car awhile back and were about to retune it again since Morgan upgraded his fuel system again.

Thread here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-136-17-a.html

So far we had great luck with the stock block. Car was atleast 620whp during its 136 pass.

He's aware of the consequences, and believe me, I tried to talk him into retiring the stock block but he isn't ready yet.
Hopefully it doesn't make the decision by itself. Once hes ready, we are building him a new shortblock then we will really turn the boost up.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
I retuned this car awhile back and were about to retune it again since Morgan upgraded his fuel system again.

Thread here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-136-17-a.html

So far we had great luck with the stock block. Car was atleast 620whp during its 136 pass.

He's aware of the consequences, and believe me, I tried to talk him into retiring the stock block but he isn't ready yet.
Hopefully it doesn't make the decision by itself. Once hes ready, we are building him a new shortblock then we will really turn the boost up.
He has done very well with it. So he went to a 6266 shortly after converting to E-85? I think the stock style turbo turned up stresses the block more then the bigger turbos due to quicker torque delivery. At least that's from what I have seen across the boards and from personal experience. Also in both situations you turned down torque thresholds early.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 04:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Yes its safer to have a slower spooling turbo on the stock block when making a lot of power because the transition is much smoother and the power is shifted to the right more removing a lot of stress on the internals. Specifically the rods. The higher you rev, the more you stress the engine as well.

I don't know the full history on Morgan's car, I know we corrected a lot of issues though both mechanical and tuning related.

Whenever its a stock block I do what I can to soften the torque down low.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to achieve those numbers too. I'm getting my o2 dump n then going e85 in a few more weeks. I want to go foreword and don't plan on looking back. But would I need to upgrade my head bolts?

Quick Reply: Evo IX Bolt Ons and E85 - UPDATED RESULTS/MODS