Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Freak stock block?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
maybe occ weight was 2000 lbs...
Old Oct 30, 2017, 05:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by hutch959
maybe occ weight was 2000 lbs...
It states weight on the screenshot. Any weight you add in VD gets put into total weight in the dyno render.

Most likely either edited the actual datalog or did something shady on the street.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No way on 18psi.

Why do shops think they can get away with false claims?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
oh yea... see that now.

could be an incorrect final drive ratio also.

or just load numbers that are not accurate.

so many variables that can be messed up in VD
Old Oct 31, 2017, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Regardless of any inaccurate information, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that a Red is not capable of moving that much air at only 18psi, especially on pump gas, stock exhaust, and hardly any timing. If people continue to use his services after seeing how much of a moron this person really is, then they deserved to be burned. If he thinks posting false dyno numbers is going to help his business, he has a short career ahead of him. Not one reputable tuner out there would ever post this dyno graph because they are all smart enough to understand that something isn't right. Whether it be load issues with the dyno, inaccurate information, software problems, etc. This guy is an idiot!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 08:05 AM
EvoM Guru

This is how easy it is to manipulate the vdyno charts with no trace of it on the actual shared image:

My Evo 10, everything set in vdyno as it should be. Correct weight, correct occupant weight, correct final drive.

My Evo 10. Correct weight, correct occupant weight, changed final drive number.

Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw someone show a picture with running 32 psi. Why create a false tale except to make everyone think your some kinda super tooner lol. People in colorado drive me insane with all their super high correction factors.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 01:06 PM
Account Disabled

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
If you read the fine print on SAE dyno specs.........correction factors are not supposed to be applied to forced induction and the max correction factor under any circumstances is 5%.

The whole idea of a correction factor is to balance out N/A engines so that you can determine what it should make at sea level when it's tested at altitude.

Forced induction is an "altered atmosphere"so doesn't apply.

Just like an aircraft.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 01:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by RightSaid fred
If you read the fine print on SAE dyno specs.........correction factors are not supposed to be applied to forced induction and the max correction factor under any circumstances is 5%.

The whole idea of a correction factor is to balance out N/A engines so that you can determine what it should make at sea level when it's tested at altitude.

Just like an aircraft.
This is literally the first post from you I agree with. Good job.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 02:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
VD also has multiplier you can change, which doesn't show up on the screenshot. You're supposed to use it to match your VD results with real dyno results. You can select mustang dyno, dyno jet, or enter your own number..
Old Oct 31, 2017, 02:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
VD also has multiplier you can change, which doesn't show up on the screenshot. You're supposed to use it to match your VD results with real dyno results. You can select mustang dyno, dyno jet, or enter your own number..
The title at the top changes when you do that though.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 02:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Easy enough to "fix" that in MSpaint before uploading a picture.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm going to clear this up. The people that want to listen will listen. The others will down cry what I have to say and eventually move on with their lives.

As the owner of Apex Powered this was a miscommunication with the person that post on social media outlets. The car has cams that are heavily degreed by a local shop here is Colorado and therefore lead to a really funky timing map when I tuned the car.

-The timing maps has 8 degrees of timing peak on the rom (this is why the person who posted the original post made this mistake)
-The car is actually running 19* of timing peak. This was done to keep the power up as boost tapered. 297 load tapering to 250 load.
-The Aem tru boost gauge said 18 psi however the calculation for the stock map sensor said 32

Do I believe the boost gauge? of course not. My personal VIII is running a similar setup and I have to run 31 psi on e85 to make the same power LOL.

It was a mistake that got blown out of proportion and exaggerated by the evo groups unfortunately. The post was taken down and I understand the ridicule. From the outside looking in I get it. Just my side of the story.
The following users liked this post:
EvoIX89 (Dec 4, 2017)
Old Nov 1, 2017, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Hakke
I'm going to clear this up. The people that want to listen will listen. The others will down cry what I have to say and eventually move on with their lives.

As the owner of Apex Powered this was a miscommunication with the person that post on social media outlets. The car has cams that are heavily degreed by a local shop here is Colorado and therefore lead to a really funky timing map when I tuned the car.

-The timing maps has 8 degrees of timing peak on the rom (this is why the person who posted the original post made this mistake)
-The car is actually running 19* of timing peak. This was done to keep the power up as boost tapered. 297 load tapering to 250 load.
-The Aem tru boost gauge said 18 psi however the calculation for the stock map sensor said 32

Do I believe the boost gauge? of course not. My personal VIII is running a similar setup and I have to run 31 psi on e85 to make the same power LOL.

It was a mistake that got blown out of proportion and exaggerated by the evo groups unfortunately. The post was taken down and I understand the ridicule. From the outside looking in I get it. Just my side of the story.
These are much more believable numbers.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by RightSaid fred

Just like an aircraft.
NA and mechanically supercharged engines correction factors are considered "similar" but exhaust driven turbo vehicles are not. Both are considered "forced induction" systems but turbo vehicles are not included in the correction. Just clarifying between the two "forced induction" systems. Some people consider supercharged induction the same. It is not.

Quick Reply: Freak stock block?