Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

How much more power can i make?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 01:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much more power can i make?

i drive a 06 mr with a catless TBE, MBC, bigger intercooler, injen intake system and lower and upper intercooler piping. please check out my log from a 3rd gear pull and the virtual dyno sheet simulation dyno jet. my boost gauge reads a max of 1.5 bar can someone explain why the logs read 2.4.
Attached Thumbnails How much more power can i make?-capture.jpg  
Attached Files
Old Nov 4, 2017, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you look at your virtual dyno options, in the Columns and Profiles section, which column is the 'Boost' property pointing to? I would guess that it's pointing to the JDMMAP column, and that virtual dyno is configured to convert psi to bar which would show a steady ~2.4 bar for the entire pull.

I think the issue here is that your JDMMAP column is misconfigured. In the first row in the log it's reporting 28psi (2.x bar) at 2700 RPM, 12% injector duty cycle and 105% load which doesn't seem right. If your gauge is reading 1.5 bar throughout the pull then my first idea would be that your evoscan formula might need an adjustment.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 03:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by butte
If you look at your virtual dyno options, in the Columns and Profiles section, which column is the 'Boost' property pointing to? I would guess that it's pointing to the JDMMAP column, and that virtual dyno is configured to convert psi to bar which would show a steady ~2.4 bar for the entire pull.

I think the issue here is that your JDMMAP column is misconfigured. In the first row in the log it's reporting 28psi (2.x bar) at 2700 RPM, 12% injector duty cycle and 105% load which doesn't seem right. If your gauge is reading 1.5 bar throughout the pull then my first idea would be that your evoscan formula might need an adjustment.
thank you, i am using the oem usdm map sensor is there a certain formula for that. Or do i need to get a 3 or 4 bar map sensor