Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Virginia Beach tuners

Old Jul 22, 2018, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virginia Beach tuners

Hi I have an evo 8 it recently went under for an fp black turbo swap. Unfortunately I didn’t plan ahead and find a tuner to help me out. I work down the street from all aspects Motorsports in Chesapeake they do not tune evo’s from what the nice lady over the phone said. I have contacted a few other performance shops about tuning in the area but to no avail. If anyone knows of a good place I could possibly get my evo tuned it would be much appreciated!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:25 PM

Check Dyno Time Speed Works 407 US-70, Hildebran, NC 28637. I am hour south of of you on the NC side. I know it is hard to find people in our area the work on evos. I thought there were a few up in northern Virginia around the Arlington area.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muelles
Check Dyno Time Speed Works 407 US-70, Hildebran, NC 28637. I am hour south of of you on the NC side. I know it is hard to find people in our area the work on evos. I thought there were a few up in northern Virginia around the Arlington area.
will do thank you man I appreciate it!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muelles
unfortunately that’s about 375miles and almost a 6hr ride haha.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Alex Bruns

unfortunately that’s about 375miles and almost a 6hr ride haha.
Give him a call he may somebody closer
Old Jul 23, 2018, 07:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Devan Tate at AWHPTuning for sure!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
mellon is back
Old Aug 4, 2018, 02:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi I have an evo 8 it recently went under for an fp black turbo swap. Unfortunately I didn’t plan ahead and find a tuner to help me out. I work down the street from all aspects Motorsports in Chesapeake they do not tune evo’s from what the nice lady over the phone said. I have contacted a few other performance shops about tuning in the area but to no avail. If anyone knows of a good place I could possibly get my evo tuned it would be much appreciated!
Hey there Alex.
If you haven't already, make sure to join the Va Beach Evos facebook page where a lot of the local guys could help you out. I live in Chesapeake and personally made the trip up to Moore Automotive in Fairfax VA to get tuned by Chris Hoover and those guys took exceptionally great care of me. However, that was a 3 hour drive.
I have also witnessed that Devan Tate at AWHP Tuning is a master when it comes to the CT9A platform. He's tuned mulitple Evo's from friends to other peers on the facebook page I mentioned. He street tunes but can work with you to schedule a dyno tune if available.
Also, Chris Carbee from Slowpoke Tuning out of South Florida is another Evo guru but he comes and goes pretty quickly and I hear he's usually pretty backed up when he comes through town. He utilizes All Aspects Dyno. Your best bet to catch him is to contact him via facebook so he can let you know when he'll be coming back to VA.
A newer shop in Chesapeake is Boost Division LLC. They are a group of great knowledgeable guys when it comes to Evo's but I do not know their tuning background. I know Mike Kessler(Owner) could definitely point you in the right direction as to where he recommends to get tuned or if he can facilitate.
If you need any help feel free to get back to me here and I have contact information for all of these professionals. Good luck.

James.

Last edited by RendragSemaj; Aug 4, 2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by RendragSemaj
Hey there Alex.
If you haven't already, make sure to join the Va Beach Evos facebook page where a lot of the local guys could help you out. I live in Chesapeake and personally made the trip up to Moore Automotive in Fairfax VA to get tuned by Chris Hoover and those guys took exceptionally great care of me. However, that was a 3 hour drive.
I have also witnessed that Devan Tate at AWHP Tuning is a master when it comes to the CT9A platform. He's tuned mulitple Evo's from friends to other peers on the facebook page I mentioned. He street tunes but can work with you to schedule a dyno tune if available.
Also, Chris Carbee from Slowpoke Tuning out of South Florida is another Evo guru but he comes and goes pretty quickly and I hear he's usually pretty backed up when he comes through town. He utilizes All Aspects Dyno. Your best bet to catch him is to contact him via facebook so he can let you know when he'll be coming back to VA.
A newer shop in Chesapeake is Boost Division LLC. They are a group of great knowledgeable guys when it comes to Evo's but I do not know their tuning background. I know Mike Kessler(Owner) could definitely point you in the right direction as to where he recommends to get tuned or if he can facilitate.
If you need any help feel free to get back to me here and I have contact information for all of these professionals. Good luck.

James.
Thank you very much for the reply. Looks like I’m gonna have to make a Facebook. I was in contact with Devan Tate I’m uneasy about road tunes. For a dyno tune its 150 an hour not to worried about that just would have to drop the car off I’m not a fan of dropping my car off. Chris I have heard great things about slow poke tuning. I’ve called boost division a few times haven’t received a reply. I know there hours are alittle odd. I may call Moore automotive and see if I can’t work something out.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 09:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you very much for the reply. Looks like I’m gonna have to make a Facebook. I was in contact with Devan Tate I’m uneasy about road tunes. For a dyno tune its 150 an hour not to worried about that just would have to drop the car off I’m not a fan of dropping my car off. Chris I have heard great things about slow poke tuning. I’ve called boost division a few times haven’t received a reply. I know there hours are alittle odd. I may call Moore automotive and see if I can’t work something out.
Not a problem. I am glad I logged on to see your post! Sorry I was under the impression that you had a Facebook already.
There are a lot of knowledgeable folks that are on that page though so it would aid in order to get a quicker answer for anything you may need. Also, all of those tuners monitor that page as they are too members of it. So it does make it easier to gain access to them as well. Bill Johnson is the owner of Moore Automotive and he is very professional and kind. He will be happy to work with you. As for Boost Division I am not sure about the non-replies but know them to have weird hours to accomodate military personnel. Hope to see you on the page though and definitely introduce yourself and i'll chime in to say hello. Take care!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I understand not be a fan of road tune but Devan know he's stuff. He road tune my car and the number speak for it self! He goes above and beyond to help out and will try to give you what you want. The only tuner to have tune my car since I got to VA. Hopefully I see you in the next night move I drive a Rally Red Evo VIII