Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Power levels so far/shed built.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
[QUOTE=Biggiesacks;11844642]You are talking about volume.... and you are wrong. Completely wrong. Nitro Methanel is a BYOO (Bring your own oxygen) fuel and it makes more power in an IC engine then any other fuel I'm familiar with. The reason Nitro can produce so much power is because it brings its own oxygen. To my knowledge the next top dogs are alcohol fueled.

I am talking about comparing two different hydrocarbons and their properties in internal combustion engine applications. I am not talking about volume other than what it takes for these two fuels to be used in an internal combustion engine, and that was in an effort to explain to you the difference in the molecular chain.

I am not wrong, I am perfectly right on what I say, on the contrary you are the one who is wrong thinking that Nitromethane has a higher calorific value due to oxygen, it has a higher octane value being a different combination of hydrocarbon molecules.

F1 in the 80s used to run on toluene alone, not nitromethane.

Marios
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:59 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
[QUOTE=Evo8cy;11844648]
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
You are talking about volume.... and you are wrong. Completely wrong. Nitro Methanel is a BYOO (Bring your own oxygen) fuel and it makes more power in an IC engine then any other fuel I'm familiar with. The reason Nitro can produce so much power is because it brings its own oxygen. To my knowledge the next top dogs are alcohol fueled.

I am talking about comparing two different hydrocarbons and their properties in internal combustion engine applications. I am not talking about volume other than what it takes for these two fuels to be used in an internal combustion engine, and that was in an effort to explain to you the difference in the molecular chain.

I am not wrong, I am perfectly right on what I say, on the contrary you are the one who is wrong thinking that Nitromethane has a higher calorific value due to oxygen, it has a higher octane value being a different combination of hydrocarbon molecules.

F1 in the 80s used to run on toluene alone, not nitromethane.

Marios
I never said that, I said the engines make more power..period...

Yah because F1 is not the same as Top Fuel..... or maybe you haven't had the pleasure of enjoying the latter.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
MS103 is a highly oxygenated race fuel. I was referring to non-oxygenated fuels as your fuel likely isn't highly oxygenated. The octane isn't necessarily what makes E85 better than most race fuels, its that it brings it's own oxygen to the party. So to get a non-oxygenated race fuel/gasoline to make the same power (where it is able to handle the boost and timing), you need C or Q16. My statement was hastily and poorly worded.
Also, I watched the 1st half of that video, and E40 (FORTY) made more power than MS103, AND they were running out of fuel pump out the top. What was the point of sharing that video?

It's interesting that you continue to claim you turbo is much better than a similar sized turbo from a US manufacturer that currently has the best compressors for a high output drag cars available in the states. If your aero is so good, I would suggest marketing and selling it because it would sell like bottomless mimosas in American suburbia.

I disagree with what you are saying about, and you are wrong, if it was a non oxygenated fuel it would beat e-85 *** easily, as C16 beats Q16. Toluene will always make more power than ethanol, the point of the video was that advertised e-85 which was actually e-40, barely beaten another oxygenated fuel, it would never beat toluene.

Marios
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Biggiesacks;11844649]
Originally Posted by Evo8cy

I never said that, I said the engines make more power..period...

Yah because F1 is not the same as Top Fuel..... or maybe you haven't had the pleasure of enjoying the latter.

Makes more power in comparison to what, toluene makes a hell lot more power than nitromethane,period.

Marios
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=Evo8cy;11844652]

Makes more power in comparison to what, toluene makes a hell lot more power than nitromethane,period.

Marios
To a horse
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Biggiesacks;11844653]
To a horse

Being a ***** will not cut it, but hey whatever you say, if that's what you believe, stick to it, fine by me lol.

Marios
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=Evo8cy;11844655]

Being a ***** will not cut it, but hey whatever you say, if that's what you believe, stick to it, fine by me lol.

Marios
Maybe the joke isn't coming through translator or something, horsepower.....get it...haha
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

I would also like to say again, that anyone that does not wish to ask something on my built, or does not like this thread, can keep irrelevant comments off this thread. This is not a general discussion thread, start your own ones if you wish.

Marios
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Biggiesacks;11844656]

Maybe the joke isn't coming through translator or something, horsepower.....get it...haha

No I don't get it, as a joke, obviously we have a different sense of humour.

Marios
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Why are we talking about toluene? Your isn't running straight toluene. You provided a video saying ethanol doesn't make the power of race fuel, but SUPER low ethanol blend fuel KILLED a highly oxygenated race fuel. If that had been on actual E85 it probably would have made another 30-40whp if the fuel system was modded to support it.

This is getting silly. Marios, post real results and I'll either say I was wrong, or I'll laugh some more.
The following users liked this post:
Dakota Evo (Oct 18, 2018)
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:16 PM

[QUOTE=Evo8cy;11844658]

No I don't get it, as a joke, obviously we have a different sense of humour.

Marios
Thats cool i can spell it out, don't want any miscommunication here. So for ever engines have been rated in Horsepower, i guess it was an easy frame of reference for people back in the day. It makes it easy to compare one engine to another. So a top fuel dragster is said to make between 8000hp and 10000hp (at least thats off the top of my head). If you took a different fuel and tried to use it in that same displacement engine, it would make less horsepower.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Why are we talking about toluene? Your isn't running straight toluene. You provided a video saying ethanol doesn't make the power of race fuel, but SUPER low ethanol blend fuel KILLED a highly oxygenated race fuel. If that had been on actual E85 it probably would have made another 30-40whp if the fuel system was modded to support it.

This is getting silly. Marios, post real results and I'll either say I was wrong, or I'll laugh some more.

It barely beat it, and the reason it did was the fact that they could run more timing than the ms fuel. That was actual pump E-85. As I said that was an example of two oxygenated fuel compared.

The blend I use, contains high percentage of toluene.

The results are real and actual according to VD, and if you consider my thread silly, then do not post anymore on it, there is no point is there. If you laugh about VD usage and results, than you have every right to do so, and I have every right to consider you more of a morron that I thought you were lol.

Marios
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

I would like the MODS to clean up this thread, and forum members to ask only anything that is relevant to the build.

Anything else,will end up being addressed by me in the appropriate manner. Comply, or do not post.

Start you won threads to discuss whatever you wish.

Marios