Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Deck Installation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by prind0
I still have use of my SSL sub, using a special adapter. I told the peopel at Best Buy, and at a Local Audio store and neither of them had heard of it before, its a Mitah adapter for the infinity sound system.

If you go here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=9857 and go to the third post down thats the 'walkthrough' that I used when purchasing everything for my headunit.
never said there wasn't an adapter to get the sub to work. all i was saying was they were right in the bypass the amp part.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
still looking for a solid how too to install a head unit.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 07:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
The Evo is the easiest headunit I've ever done. Pull off the AC knobs (they can be kinda tough to pull off), remove the two screws holding the AC conrollers to the trim piece, pull off the trim piece (it can be very tough to pull off), and then you have full access to the head unit. The only difficulty I had was in getting the wiring correct. There are a few incorrect wiring descriptions posted here. If you PM me, I'll send you my wiring description.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
The Evo is the easiest headunit I've ever done. Pull off the AC knobs (they can be kinda tough to pull off), remove the two screws holding the AC conrollers to the trim piece, pull off the trim piece (it can be very tough to pull off), and then you have full access to the head unit. The only difficulty I had was in getting the wiring correct. There are a few incorrect wiring descriptions posted here. If you PM me, I'll send you my wiring description.
PM Sent. Thanks for the offer man that is very nice. I have your same exact car so I assume everythign should be easy like you said.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 02:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by High_PSI
PM Sent. Thanks for the offer man that is very nice. I have your same exact car so I assume everythign should be easy like you said.
I thought I could attach the document to a PM, but apparently not, so the pinout is attached to this post. Please see my PM for notes.
Attached Files
Old Mar 13, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
I thought I could attach the document to a PM, but apparently not, so the pinout is attached to this post. Please see my PM for notes.
Thank you, I did this easilly as it turned out I had this stuff lying around. One quick question.

Wire #3, Antenna Amplified Power. Can I simply splice it to the my cigarette lighter or what? What do I hook that thing up to? It is the BLUE wire on the Mitsubishi Wiring Harness which is just left hanging, help?

The closest thing I have in my Pioneer Instruction Manual that I believe is the wire to hook it up to is labeled.

Blue/White
To System control terminal of the power amp or Auto-Antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC.)

Idk.

Thanks!

Last edited by High_PSI; Mar 13, 2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, you can hook that wire to the blue/white striped wire, or to the red- ACC wire
coming from the Pioneer HU. It turns on the amplification curcuit in the antenna.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bk.adams
Yes, you can hook that wire to the blue/white striped wire, or to the red- ACC wire
coming from the Pioneer HU. It turns on the amplification curcuit in the antenna.
I have the red wire from my radio harness (To Electric terminal controlled by ignition switch (12 V DC) ON/OFF.) Hooked up to the pink mitsu harness wire #10 labeled ignition. That wire also has a black ground. Do I hook the blue wire up to that?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

?.................................................
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:45 PM
EvoM Guru

I have the red wire from my radio harness (To Electric terminal controlled by ignition switch (12 V DC) ON/OFF.) Hooked up to the pink mitsu harness wire #10 labeled ignition. That wire also has a black ground. Do I hook the blue wire up to that?
Take the #3 wiring coming off the harness adapter and attach it either:

1) "To System control terminal of the power amp or Auto-Antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC.)"

2) The #10 terminal on your harness adapter (red ign lead).

This is what the other guy said. Just trying to make sure you understand it.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

#10 is grounded, is it still ok? So teh RED igniton lead is attached to the pink wire and has a black ground comming off.

The first suggestion is the blue/white wire which I am more comfortable with, are both ways the same or is one way better then the other?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:13 PM

Dude. It ain't THIS HARD !!! You need a 12v source to turn on the amp. ant.
curcuit. AGAIN, you can get that from :

1. the Blue/White stripe ant. remote turn-on from the HU. Supplies 12v when HU is
turned on.
2. the RED 12v ACC wire....Supplies 12v when the HU is turned on.

What are you not understanding ?

Maybe you need to let someone else do this?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 03:26 PM

LMAO !!!! Did ya get it working?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by bk.adams
LMAO !!!! Did ya get it working?
Hey I JUST posted this !!!!! Why is it BEFORE your post !?!? And says I did it at 5:13 ?!?! It's 11:31 !!!!!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 03:30 PM

Well with that attitude mister I'm just gona go home.

(Scurries off with a big harumph)
Whoa that's weird !!!!! My posts are showing up BEFORE YOURS !!!

Quick Reply: Deck Installation