Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Lo-Jack & Insurance

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2006, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lo-Jack & Insurance

I bought my car yesterday at the dealership and I got lo-jack as well for $1000. I was told it would save on insurance, but how much would I be saving? I would think like a hundred dollars or so?

How much did you guys save by getting lo-jack?
Old Nov 5, 2006, 02:05 PM

...unfortunately I have found that the quotes the dealers use is very misleading...like saving 10%...back when I got lo-jack on my accord it only saved $10.00 per 6 months...pretty cheezy...

...and recently on an IS350 my friend was told the same exact line of doo-doo and again the insurance company saved somewhere around $15.00 per 6 months...I'd say its best to get it for a piece of minds sake or if you really want to save money then ask your insurance carrier first before you spend the $1000.00 on lo-jack...

...dunno if it has changed, when I had it I had to pay an annual upkeep on lo-jack

Laters
Lewis
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:55 AM

I am saving about $175 per year with my insurance company.

Lojack recommends that you have the maintenance to check the battery for the system every two years now, which costs $69.

Remember, the primary purpose of Lojack is to act as a recovery system and not to lower insurance. If you want to lower your insurance, then figure out what type of alarm or anti-theft system your insurance is going to give you the biggest discount for. Most insurance companies give you this information in all of the paper-work you get when you first sign-up with them.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

In jersey I was told by my insurance comp (Geico) that I would save 370 dollars if installed.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by blockhed79
In jersey I was told by my insurance comp (Geico) that I would save 370 dollars if installed.
That's awesome savings if you ask me. I wish I can save that here in So. Cal.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
IT all depends on your rates and state. The norm is 15% of your comprehensive (theft, vandalism, fire) coverage
Old Nov 7, 2006, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

i got my lo jack for free with my dealer.. and btw this maybe and oof topic but i might put a claim coz of my broken wing.. my insurance broker that t wouldnt jack up my premium because im gonna claim it as "vandalism" so i wont get points for it...
Old Nov 7, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

My insurance didn't give me jack. I was told most companies will take some amount off, but those sons-a-*****es denied me. You should ask your insurance first, there is no guarentee they will help you out.