Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Will 2 Kicker SL7 15's fit in trunk?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will 2 Kicker SL7 15's fit in trunk?

got a bunch of subs laying around, and i drive around the campus more than on the track and enjoy blowing out my ears, has anyone attempted to fit 2 15" square subs in the trunk of the evo? how about just 1? this may be one the the dumbest posts ive ever done, but im trying to make my stereo a little more enjoyable.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

anything's possible, it's just a matter of how much trunk space you're willing to give up
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Eric,

That is going to be LOUD. I just installed my system in my car 2 weeks ago. I only put 1 10" alpine type r" and put in new component speakers, head unit and amp. When you get off school for break we can meet up and you can hear how loud it is if you want.

But if you really want to do 2 15's in the trunk i am sure it is possible, just have them angled. If you need # for a local shop who does great work on custom enclosures, let me know i have their number.

Steve
Old Dec 4, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

What's the recommended Cu Ft for the enclosure with a sealed application? If you can find that much room x2 in your trunk, GO FOR IT! Go custom like my job...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...&stc=1&thumb=1

Old Dec 5, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
What's the recommended Cu Ft for the enclosure with a sealed application? If you can find that much room x2 in your trunk, GO FOR IT! Go custom like my job...

Looks nice, and i like how you left room in the center. If i do this, i want it to be able to be taken out whenever i want to. No amp rack, i guess more or less im not really going for looks, but usefulness. Since i race alot, i would like to take it out and toss it in a friends car for that hour or 2 or just leave it behind for at my house.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
Eric,

That is going to be LOUD. I just installed my system in my car 2 weeks ago. I only put 1 10" alpine type r" and put in new component speakers, head unit and amp. When you get off school for break we can meet up and you can hear how loud it is if you want.

But if you really want to do 2 15's in the trunk i am sure it is possible, just have them angled. If you need # for a local shop who does great work on custom enclosures, let me know i have their number.

Steve

I like very very loud.
when i was 16 i had 4 12" audiobahn 1205's and 2 audiobahn 2400 flame Q amps in my beat *** explorer lol stereo was worth more than the car..

I have a flip down DVD player i will be most likely putting in, but the sub setup is up for debate right now. Got Orion 10'' subs, Kicker 15" subs, some rockford 12"s and im debating leaving them all behind and maybe just picking up some Image Dynamics which only weigh like 3 pounds each and need little to no space at all, could be left in the car and pound.

As for the doors, i have nothing in mind for them at the moment, although im sure someday when i have more cash flow ill pick up some high end MB Quarts or something.

As for xmas break, im done on the 15th, so i have a full month of doing whatever including work. let me know when is good for you
Old Dec 5, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Eric,

Wow that must have been loud. Was it loud enough to knock a girls glass eye out? http://www.break.com/index/loud_musi...o_pop_out.html

But yeah, i am free whenever you are man. Just hit me up on the local pgh thread and we will discuss.

Good luck on finals!

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Dec 5, 2006, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

i hvae 2 15's in my trunk too