Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

amp install

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2007, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amp install

does anyone know of a place to install the power cord to the battery? i am having a hard time locating a spot in the firewall; i have tried to look at the passenger firewall but couldnt find one;

thanks
Old Mar 17, 2007, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

There is a gromet on the pass side firelwall behind the strutower. I drilled a hole on the driverside and used my own gromet. Stepbits FTW. Check th how-to section for some info. Boost guage topics may also help you find a location. Goodluck.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that is a good spot, but you will more then likely have so many other things running through that grommet you dont want to waste it on stereo stuff. there is a few grommet choices on the drivers side inside the fender well. Remember, you will want to run your power up one side of the car and your RCA cables up the other.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 12:39 PM

As bigric09 mentioned, it's best to run the power away from the RCA's to reduce chance for noise from the power wire. I ran the RCA's, remote wire and bass control knob (I have the Inifinity Basslink) out the right hand side of the trunk, under the back seat and up under the center console to the deck. I ran the power wire out the left hand side of the trunk and along the door sills to the driver side kick panel.

After looking around on the forums here, I ended up running it out the existing driver side firewall grommet by dropping the inner fender liner (outlined here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46410). This dropped the power wire right up behind the driver side headlight where it was an easy run to the battery.

On the driver side, there are two grommets, one down low for the door wiring one one up higher that has a large wire bundle and the hood release running up into the engine compartment. I popped the upper grommet out and was able to get my wire through with a little bit of effort.