Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Lojack...is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your car has the chip in the key... that'd be enough for any non pro car jacker...
Old Jun 5, 2007, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Does anybody know anything about the microtrakgps?
It seems like it would be cheaper than the viper, and more flexible than the lojack.

linky: http://www.microtrakgps.com/products.php#autoguard
Old Jun 5, 2007, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

I met with my Insurance Agent today and asked him if LoJack or anything similar helps reduce insurance rates. He told me that State Farm and almost all the other Insurance Agencies do NOT discount premiums for having LoJack or other tracking systems installed.

He also said that he is aware that LoJack and other companies mislead buyers on their advertisements by stating that, but he said that since there are a very few companies that do discount it, they can get away with it.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

I just purchased my 06 a couple of weeks ago and decided to get the Inilex device installed. www.inilex.com It looks to be pretty much identical to the Viper but cheaper.

There is at least one bug I have discovered. I dropped my car off at the dealer to fix a scratch and the car notified me that it was in Mexico going 155MPH. Luckily rather than reporting it stolen, I called the shop. I told the body shop what Inilex indicated the car was doing and where and the guy says "Your car is here in the shop......but a Mexican guy did drive it into the bay......"

According to Inilex, the issue was that it lost contact with the some GPS satellites being in the shop and thus was not able to correctly calculate the exact location.

Regardless the technology is very cool.