Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

How do people steal Evos?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoTec
Do you really want the answer posted so that a "would be theif" reading this post could actually steal Evos with ease. Get a good alarm installed correctly and keep your car out of shady areas. No worries, No problems!!!
This sums it all up.

Originally Posted by derangedazn
In the movies they twist the red and yellow wires together...I imagine it would be the same since movies always parallel reality.

Originally Posted by EVOLex
You get the Evo owner really drunk, ask to go back to her place, and sex the pants off of her. When she passes out, you grab the keys, run away with the painting..... er ...... Car.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 07:36 AM

the evo is actually a very hard car to "steal" the keys are chipped and they have to match the immobilizer code in the vehicle. Because of this, they are usually stolen when people leave their cars running and run inside to get something "real quick" or they are towed away.

Short of replacing the immobilizer in the car and matching it to the ecu with a matching key that fits the tumbler, you can't steal this car.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

most evos are stolen by the owner.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

You get the Evo owner really drunk, ask to go back to her place, and sex the pants off of her. When she passes out, you grab the keys, run away with the painting..... er ...... Car.
sounds like my tuesdays and thursday nights hehe j/k
Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Ha Ha thats the way it happens dang!
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kmcknight
the evo is actually a very hard car to "steal" the keys are chipped and they have to match the immobilizer code in the vehicle. Because of this, they are usually stolen when people leave their cars running and run inside to get something "real quick" or they are towed away.

Short of replacing the immobilizer in the car and matching it to the ecu with a matching key that fits the tumbler, you can't steal this car.
^^^^ This is 100% correct, not to mention alot of evo's aren't stolen they are just usually jacked for parts. Thus why it's on the top 10 theft list NOT stolen list.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

I wish someone would steal my Evo. I need the insurance money.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cmbjive
Look out the window........I just stole the bastard!
Old Jul 22, 2007, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmcknight

Originally Posted by WillEatUrSTi
^^^^ This is 100% correct, not to mention alot of evo's aren't stolen they are just usually jacked for parts. Thus why it's on the top 10 theft list NOT stolen list.
You guys keep believing that this car is very difficult to take. The truth is that anyone with a background jacking cars or installing alarms or remote starts can walk away with an Evo (with no alarm or theft protection) in 3-4 mintues. The problem is, if you dont have an alarm and he breaks into your car, how will you know he is in there? You wont. You will continue to sleep and continue to dream about what part you're going to order tomorrow and how much power it's going to make. He has all the time in the world and the protection of complete darkness. You will wake up to an empty driveway or parking spot. With what I know, I am telling you that with the correct info posted, anyone with a fair knowledge of cars can read this and an Evo without an alarm can be toast in 3-4 minutes MAX. Some may be able to ****** it in 1-2 mins if they have help. So guys, protect your cars. Without a flatbed, its alot more difficult to boost an Evo with a correctly installed alarm.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Put one of those big *** yellow boots on the car much like they do in NY..Everytime you leave it put it on. VIOLA problem solved.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Flat Bed FTW!!!
Old Jul 22, 2007, 08:47 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

It's easy here in NJ. You drive it to Newark, park in the street and go to one of those amazing Brazilian restaurants.
Business and pleasure
Old Jul 22, 2007, 08:56 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
You guys keep believing that this car is very difficult to take. The truth is that anyone with a background jacking cars or installing alarms or remote starts can walk away with an Evo (with no alarm or theft protection) in 3-4 mintues. The problem is, if you dont have an alarm and he breaks into your car, how will you know he is in there? You wont. You will continue to sleep and continue to dream about what part you're going to order tomorrow and how much power it's going to make. He has all the time in the world and the protection of complete darkness. You will wake up to an empty driveway or parking spot. With what I know, I am telling you that with the correct info posted, anyone with a fair knowledge of cars can read this and an Evo without an alarm can be toast in 3-4 minutes MAX. Some may be able to ****** it in 1-2 mins if they have help. So guys, protect your cars. Without a flatbed, its alot more difficult to boost an Evo with a correctly installed alarm.
Notice how mostly cars with alarms are stolen? Or those that are taken to the dealer for service... it's true that a theif can steal anything, it's their job but for those that they're not familiar with might take them more time unless of course, it's flat-bedded.

Also, for about a $100 you can get a good day/night camera which records everything. Nowadays you can hook it up to your PC and define an area for which you want an action taken. In other words, you can play an alarm sound etc. etc.
Worse comes to worse and they steal it, at least you have it on camera for proof.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 07:34 AM

ya if they want to steal your car they will
Old Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

um, why don't you sell it. a lot of potential buyers out there

Quick Reply: How do people steal Evos?