Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

How do people steal Evos?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2007, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hytek369
um, why don't you sell it. a lot of potential buyers out there
Because that requires too much work on the seller's part.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 08:52 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kmcknight
the evo is actually a very hard car to "steal" the keys are chipped and they have to match the immobilizer code in the vehicle. Because of this, they are usually stolen when people leave their cars running and run inside to get something "real quick" or they are towed away.

Short of replacing the immobilizer in the car and matching it to the ecu with a matching key that fits the tumbler, you can't steal this car.
Can you say AEM EMS? Bring a standalone with you and plug&play,no longer does the imobilizer work.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

/\
|
|
Good job, dummy. Thanks for giving those degenerate scumf*cks ideas. I'm sure there are some trolls that come here and wait for just this kind of post to get ideas.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising
/\
|
|
Good job, dummy. Thanks for giving those degenerate scumf*cks ideas. I'm sure there are some trolls that come here and wait for just this kind of post to get ideas.
I already knew that but too fat and lazy to steal cars at the moment.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
Account Disabled

/\
|
|
Thankyou ,if you leave your car in a "comprimising" area then you get what you deserve,DUMMY......
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turboDan
Can you say AEM EMS? Bring a standalone with you and plug&play,no longer does the imobilizer work.
you are over complicating what you need

typically there are a few things a professional thief will do first.
cut the battery(or ground) cable.
cut the siren and/or horns.
reattach the cut battery or ground cables.
have fun defeating what else is left if anything.

if there is no siren, there is no alarm bc they just bought themselves enough time to close the doors of the vehicle where noone can see them dismantling the real "security" features.

the best thing you can get to stop someone from stealing your car is a backup battery siren in addition to a backup battery. dei part no 515r

if you mount it in a really hard spot to reach, it will be very difficult to get to stop making noise. i would also suggest you face it down, so they cant use water to muffle the siren.

i would also hook up horn honk as well as the siren. everyones alarm sounds the same. if yours is different, you will know its yours and it will actually attract attention.

the other thing i used to do a lot was get dei part no 513t and fire that puppy into the drivers footwell.
it has a ear shredding sound(aka pain generator).

time and attention are the enemy of the thief. if you can slow them down while getting attention you have a chance.......
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SaOrlando
you are over complicating what you need

typically there are a few things a professional thief will do first.
cut the battery(or ground) cable.
cut the siren and/or horns.
reattach the cut battery or ground cables.
have fun defeating what else is left if anything.

if there is no siren, there is no alarm bc they just bought themselves enough time to close the doors of the vehicle where noone can see them dismantling the real "security" features.

the best thing you can get to stop someone from stealing your car is a backup battery siren in addition to a backup battery. dei part no 515r

if you mount it in a really hard spot to reach, it will be very difficult to get to stop making noise. i would also suggest you face it down, so they cant use water to muffle the siren.

i would also hook up horn honk as well as the siren. everyones alarm sounds the same. if yours is different, you will know its yours and it will actually attract attention.

the other thing i used to do a lot was get dei part no 513t and fire that puppy into the drivers footwell.
it has a ear shredding sound(aka pain generator).

time and attention are the enemy of the thief. if you can slow them down while getting attention you have a chance.......
too much work..2 words Flame Thrower or Trunk Monkey
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trunk Monkey is all you need.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 08:26 PM

Trunk monkey ftw...

How about a 2-way? I'm looking at a viper 3002 (I think thats right) that'll page me if the alarm goes off. (Hopefully it'll get ahold of me before they disable it)
Then there's nothing a 12 gauge can't cure.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

/\
|
|
yup and you dont think those trolls would find another thread that talks about it? Or how many people who said were doing and engine swap and they needed to know how to disable the immobilizer were actually doing an engine swap? just my 2 cents.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turboDan
Thankyou ,if you leave your car in a "comprimising" area then you get what you deserve,DUMMY......
So, by your logic: if i go to the mall, I deserve to have my car jacked? If I live my life normally without bothering anyone else, I deserve to have someone take what I worked hard for? F That!!! That is just ridiculous.

I say, if someone takes what is mine, they should get what they deserve.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aside from someone flatbedding your car, the things I have always installed are ...backup batter(hiddent deep in the dash) , ignition or fuel kill, and a club. Unfortunately, I knew a lot of people who were thieves when I was growing up. The more of a deterrent your car is to take, the less chances it will be taken.

I've got lo-jack on my car too for extra measure.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

That is true. All these security features will prolly just slow down a professional thief for that matter. I would recommend hiding a GPS locator stashed somewhere out of view in the car and an alarm with a pager. CNN rates the car to be stolen for parts though, not the car so can't help u there.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Yay Lo-Jack, YAY Flamethrower, YaY TrunkMonkeys, YaY Ejection Seat!
Old Sep 30, 2007, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by pog0
LOL. If I posted it in OT, all I would get is "Bears can steal anything they want."

Join a UK Evo orientated site for sensible answers.

Quick Reply: How do people steal Evos?