Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Best Alarm Period... Help me please

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:02 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best alarm period...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 dobermans in each of the front seats should do the trick!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
THAT is funny!!!!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by adambl03
hahaha.... I prefer to just wire a nice alarm to a train horn, sure to grab attention...
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

It looks like whoever broke into your car spent a lot of time doing it. I can't believe someone took the time to take off the bumper. On the bright side, now you can get an Evo 9 bumper if you didn't have one to begin with.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:51 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just search for "trunk monkey" on YouTube and there are about 6-7 more of those commercials with the monkey...very funny stuff...
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
holly crap, I would be so mad, yeah take my RS for example I GOT nothing! Im thinking iF someone wants to steal **** from you, even the best alarm woulnt help and getting hidden? the image would be so crapy at night they wont be able to recognize the face. (sad)

^^^ TRUnk monkey ! would work the best! but rear seat dosnt fold. hahha
Old Aug 22, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

BBY Alarm

I would just go to your local Best Buy we customize alarm systems we sell the prox sensor 508t. Which gets centrally located in the vehicle and projects an RF field both from the sides and up out of the sensor and when the field is interupted it will chirp and if it stays interupted will trigger the alarm. We also sell the battery backup system which is great because a theif cant jut cut an alarm which is hard to do anyway and even if they due the back up batter will maintain the siren for up to two hours! lol. There are also many other sensors we can get including glass break sensor and level sensors incase someone is trying to jack up your car!. Best Buy only installs DEI branded names so even if you buy one somewhere else as long as it is DEI we will install it. Since the EVO's are 5 spd we would need to order a 790 since its the same as a 791 but without remote start, So I hope this helps any of you out I would also check out Directedelectronics.com and take a look at their alarms systems . Also some of them page the remote up to a mile away. If you have any other question reguarding this please shoot me a PM and Ill be glad to answer them for you.

Joey D.
MECP Certified installer
Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

for remote starter, i heard only compustar has the "in gear" protection. basically, if it is in gear, the car will not start. DEI does not check if you are in gear, so if you are, your car will jump forward or backward, depending on the gear in place.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by redboosted05
I would just go to your local Best Buy we customize alarm systems we sell the prox sensor 508t. Which gets centrally located in the vehicle and projects an RF field both from the sides and up out of the sensor and when the field is interupted it will chirp and if it stays interupted will trigger the alarm. We also sell the battery backup system which is great because a theif cant jut cut an alarm which is hard to do anyway and even if they due the back up batter will maintain the siren for up to two hours! lol. There are also many other sensors we can get including glass break sensor and level sensors incase someone is trying to jack up your car!. Best Buy only installs DEI branded names so even if you buy one somewhere else as long as it is DEI we will install it. Since the EVO's are 5 spd we would need to order a 790 since its the same as a 791 but without remote start, So I hope this helps any of you out I would also check out Directedelectronics.com and take a look at their alarms systems . Also some of them page the remote up to a mile away. If you have any other question reguarding this please shoot me a PM and Ill be glad to answer them for you.

Joey D.
MECP Certified installer
I wouldn't buy anything from best buy ranging from alarms to audio equipment....
Old Aug 22, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by subaruwrx420
Well this is what happened to my car overnight, parked right in front of my house I didn't know the Evo did not come with an alarm from the factory, I mean it's pretty pricey car. I need to get something with proximity sensors, motion detectors, and possibly window breaking sensors.

Is your whole housing complex deaf? That shiet looks really suspicious man. I don't buy it sorry.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

what else did they take besides the bumper?
Old Aug 23, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Exactly, I can't believe that no one heard anything. My room is on the back side of the townhouse, so I hear nothing. It was also storming that night with thunder, so maybe that helped mask the sound.

They took the HIDs, spoiler, bumper, boost gauge and pod, and a bag of tools from the trunk.

I also learned that the Evo only has keyless entry and no alarm, what kind of crap is that. My WRX had shock detection and the alarm sounded when the trunk was open.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

mitsu really cheaped out on the alarm, err, i mean keyless entry
Old Sep 2, 2007, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by subaruwrx420
Exactly, I can't believe that no one heard anything. My room is on the back side of the townhouse, so I hear nothing. It was also storming that night with thunder, so maybe that helped mask the sound.

They took the HIDs, spoiler, bumper, boost gauge and pod, and a bag of tools from the trunk.

I also learned that the Evo only has keyless entry and no alarm, what kind of crap is that. My WRX had shock detection and the alarm sounded when the trunk was open.
Most of the time thieves use the rain because it supresses the noise and the moisture helps cover up finger prints. I would be willing to bet someone heard something but didn't think anything of it. But would you rather think no one heard it or have someone say, yea I heard some people making some racket but I didn't think they were stealing anything.

Sorry to hear you were violated hopefully your insurance will take care of you.

Quick Reply: Best Alarm Period... Help me please