Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Compustar, P2WSS-AS vs. P2W9000FM-AS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compustar, P2WSS-AS vs. P2W9000FM-AS

I'm trying to decide which alarm to install in my EVO. Correct me if I'm wrong. If the only difference between the 2 model is range, P2WSS-AS is 6000 feet versus P2W9000FM-AS is 3000 feet. Why would anyone purchase the P2WSS-AS? Can't you change the antenna to increase the range? Also, P2W9000FM-AS has been on the market for a longer time which proves better reliability. I heard P2WSS-AS was pulled off the market for some bugs/issues.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:23 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
P2WSS-AS is the best one there is. But there were some issues about the remote not the module or system. I haven't seen one have problems with it however-just hearsay. On the otherhand, the P2W900FMR-AS has been around for awhile and the remote is very small and nice with battery life lasting more than 6 months of use. If you're installing it yourself, I found it easy to install the P2W900FMR but if you have an installer, get the spread spectrum model=P2WSS! It was never pulled out of the market. It is just too expensive that is why it is not that popular. compustar have the new pro-series which is an upgrade to the P2W900FMR-AS, too.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 06:27 PM
Former Sponsor

the P in the model numbers XIRMOVE mentioned are PRO series models. Just so you know, XIR the SS and 900FM are IDENTICAL except for remote and antenna. They install 1000% the same and are switchable meaning you can install the full 900FM and if you feel you need to upgrade you replace the antenna with the SS antenna and program the SS remote. And YES the non-pro SS was pulled from the market about 6 months after being released because of issues with the remote, there was an issue with the way the actual circuit board was being produced. But the ProSS is supposed to be as flawless as the 900FM. I personally think the SS is useless, yeah it gets over a mile of range, but aside from remote starting your vehicle from inside a vault there really is very little use for that, once it goes off you have 60 seconds to get to your vehicle over a mile away before the theif finishes ripping the spoiler off your trunk lid. Just my 2 cents.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
P2WSS-AS is the best one there is. But there were some issues about the remote not the module or system. I haven't seen one have problems with it however-just hearsay. On the otherhand, the P2W900FMR-AS has been around for awhile and the remote is very small and nice with battery life lasting more than 6 months of use. If you're installing it yourself, I found it easy to install the P2W900FMR but if you have an installer, get the spread spectrum model=P2WSS! It was never pulled out of the market. It is just too expensive that is why it is not that popular. compustar have the new pro-series which is an upgrade to the P2W900FMR-AS, too.
i also heard there were issues with the P2WSS-AS. i am leaning towards P2W900FMR-AS, even though the range would help. but if it does not work, it would be worthless.