Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

kenwood DNX7100 or AVIC D3

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2007, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sna08
I have the kenwood dnx7100 also but yet to find an orbital kit... 201 motorsports carries them but they dont' have them in stock... the navigation should be faster than a dvd based navi...
Should be.... It is, it takes me about 2-3 seconds to populate a new route or make any changes I need to like avoiding tolls or major road ways...

Originally Posted by diablo2184
where did you mount the rear view cam?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Lil Rico, hows the camera working for you? Is it discreetly installed in there? can it be noticed quickly by walking next to it? thinking of purchasing it too but not sure how i can hide it...
Old Nov 20, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sna08
Lil Rico, hows the camera working for you? Is it discreetly installed in there? can it be noticed quickly by walking next to it? thinking of purchasing it too but not sure how i can hide it...
I love that camera!!! It was the best thing I could have bought for my DNX7100!!! People know I have a camera when I go into reverse in a car show or something and they're trying to explain to me how much room I have and they see I don't look at my mirrors or anything and drive straight back, perfectly every time!! No one has a clue unless they're looking for it. It's smaller then a quarter and it's black, so it blends really good with the license plate. I'm not driving my EVO now since I sent my motor to Buschur for a stage 3 build, but man I miss that camera in everything I drive. No matter if it's pitch black night with not a single light in the world or if it's the brightest day in the year, that camera produces some of the clearest and smoothest video I have ever seen out of any camera. Period!
Old Dec 30, 2007, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

I just got my orbital kit for xmas so im looking to finally pick up the dnx7100 off the net once I find the best price. along with the camera, ipod hook up. then if i can afford it sirius or bluetooth also.
cant wait
Old Dec 30, 2007, 03:10 PM

7100 all the way,,,,,,,ive had mine for 4months, and i have to say that its badass. Ive tried all the other double dins, and they dont even compare to the 7100. Thats with all the accessories too. Ipod cable, Sirius, Camera, and Bluetooth.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by offthecha1n
I just got my orbital kit for xmas so im looking to finally pick up the dnx7100 off the net once I find the best price. along with the camera, ipod hook up. then if i can afford it sirius or bluetooth also.
cant wait
Originally Posted by silverbullet04
7100 all the way,,,,,,,ive had mine for 4months, and i have to say that its badass. Ive tried all the other double dins, and they dont even compare to the 7100. Thats with all the accessories too. Ipod cable, Sirius, Camera, and Bluetooth.
The DNX7100 to me is by far the best double din system you can buy. I mean the Navi is so damn fast, I hate going in ones that have to have the CD in it to work... Just gay!! For offthecha1n, I have never bought anything for my car off of Ebay, but times like this, Ebay has the best prices for that stuff. DNX7100 I got mines for a little over $900 shipped. The cam I got for a little over $120 shipped. If you go to places like Crutchfield, they got it there for like $1,200 just for the DNX7100.. ouch.. I got mines, new, wrapped, un-open and with warranty off of Ebay, and that was over 6 months ago, so give it a look! The prices should have dropped also
Old Dec 30, 2007, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

thanks will do.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...d+DNX7100.html

Not sure how they stay around with those prices, but daym!!

The only grip i have is that i NEED traffic updates, and the only way to get them is with XM NAV TRAFFIC????? I am a sirius guy. No way i am installing 2 satellite radios in the car!

I am about to pull the trigger on a Eclipse AVN6610 (dvd based nav using SIRIUS TRAFFIC)

PS: orbital install sucks. I had to cut out some dash bracing to get my HVAC controls to fit. No big deal but they sure as hell dont tell you that when you order.

Last edited by felickz; Dec 30, 2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

ROCK ON i just downloaded the manual for the DNX7100 (18MB) and i found that the garmin allows you to use their GTM10 FM traffic receiver!!! NICCEEEEE. now i will go look up if this is available on the avic!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

on the dnx7100 as it has internal memory, can u update the maps?
Im sure the anwser has to be yes, just wondering how
Old Jan 1, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

i was gonna do a Kenwood unit i would do this one:

地上デジタルTVチューナー付属7V型タッチパネルHDD/USB/DVD/CDカーナビゲーションシステム
newImage(2007,10,24)

希望小売価格 304,500円
(本体価格 290,000円)

Pioneer, i would rock this:

Pioneer AVIC-VH009 Carrozzeria, the ultimate solution

Rate this News:
This is THE killer product of the day when it comes to car electronics (I say "of the day" because tomorrow there's a press conference by Panasonic about the same kind of products ). Pioneer presents this AVIC-VH009, available in 5 versions, but we'll look at the high-end and 2500 EUR version, the AVIC-VH009MD. It has a 7" screen, 5.1 amp, TV, Video DVD, CD, MD, HDD, 3D GPS and WMA/MP3/DivX/DTS/Dolby compatibility.

Old Jan 1, 2008, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by offthecha1n
on the dnx7100 as it has internal memory, can u update the maps?
Im sure the anwser has to be yes, just wondering how
You go to Kenwood's site and there it has a page were you can buy upgraded map. What you do is go to the unit, hold the eject button and the SD slot appears. Put the SD from Kenwood in it and all the updated maps go on it. It's that EZ!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

i should have a double din on the way. once i get that ill be ordering my 7100. used my friends and it is really nice. i also heard there wasnt a way to bypass the safety feature to watch movies and use nav while driving one the D3??? anyone know about this?
Old Jan 1, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

i've had the first navi flipout the AVIC N1 since 04/04 and hasnt failed me yet.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brian250f
i should have a double din on the way. once i get that ill be ordering my 7100. used my friends and it is really nice. i also heard there wasnt a way to bypass the safety feature to watch movies and use nav while driving one the D3??? anyone know about this?
Yes, you can by pass it, I can watch movies and do anything as I drive, you just get a little warning from Kenwood when you turn the car on. I recently modded it to view my rear cam as I drive =) Now I wanna hook a recorded to it t see if I can record me kicking somone *** as I run them =)