Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

anyone have a JVC KD-AVX77

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2009, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone have a JVC KD-AVX77

Do anyone have a JVC KD-AVX77 deck installed with relocation kit?
please show me you picture.

I am trying to find a aftermarket deck that would be hard to see from the outside, and want to see how it would look off and blacked out relocated.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:55 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

A little late reply, don't have a picture for you but a suggestion...
If you're worried about theft, you could buy Evo 8 RS radio blanks that normally cover the radio DIN slot on an RS model (they're about $5), relocate the stereo to the cubby hole using original stereo mounts (not the ones supplied with the relocaton kit) which will push your stereo in about an inch and then either cover it with the blank every time you leave the car or just leave it. AVX77 should be almost invisible.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:37 AM

I've just fitted a 77 to my 9 today :

excuse the poor piccy, it was from my iPhone

on an aside, does anyone know how I upload a JPG to it for the wallpaper ? I know how to screen grab from a DVD video on it, but not how to just use a gfx file (and what is the native res to for photoshop antics ?)
Old Dec 15, 2009, 01:43 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I just ordered one of these, any luck getting custom pics on there? Any tips on mic placement or other misc info about this deck?
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:17 AM

Im very interested in this headunit. Any reviews or Pros and Cons from someone that has one would be extremely helpful.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 07:58 AM
EvoM Moderator

I've had mine for about two weeks now and LOVE IT! Hands down its the best touchscreen single-din unit I've seen on the market. Clear graphics, intuitive controls, and a butt-load of features. I honestly didn't give a flying crap about the bluetooth integration with my iphone, but it works fantastic! I have a 3GS, and voice command works perfectly through the stereo, just freaking awesome.

I have yet to play with custom images and such on it. I used a basic ipod cable at first, and ordered the JVC ipod video cable, installed that a few days later. One small config change (look in the manual) and I was able to play video files off of my ipod, right off of the same menus you flip through to select music.

If you want a really nice touchscreen deck but don't want to go double-din, this is for sure the way to go. I'll post some pics if you want, or video? LMK what ya want

Oh, also, I ordered mine through amazon.com. The price went up a few days later, but I'd still pay the higher price. I got mine for $399, I think once you add it to your cart now its like $450 (it says $599 initially, due to minimum advertised price or w/e).

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-KD-AVX77-P.../dp/B001PLEHQG

Last edited by scheides; Dec 31, 2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:19 AM

scheides I really appreciate the review and I can't wait to get my hands on this new headunit.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 04:56 PM

any more pix?

does it needs anything else to mount this unit? chatted with Crutchfield and they said this will not fit cuz of the holes on the unit. i don't believe him.

Last edited by VinDi; Feb 17, 2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:04 AM
EvoM Moderator

It fits perfect, the only minor problem was all of the wires getting hung up on the studs that stick out on either side of the hole that the brackets sit on.

I'll snap some pics sometime, but its pretty easy peasy, just like any other stereo install....pics look like they do online! Still love this unit, it is fantastic. Really glad I got it!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:12 AM

i wanna see it in the evo to see how much it sticks out.
Old May 21, 2010, 03:28 PM

I know I'm way late, but I just noticed this thread and thought I'd chime in. Here is a picture of mine in the factory radio location. The black dot on the A pillar is the mic for the hands free feature. I just let it hang by the wire where the plastic cover meets the head liner. It stays put and works fine.