Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

throttle percentage on aem 100% all the time?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throttle percentage on aem 100% all the time?

on the aem it says my throttle position percentage is always at 100%.

so we were tuning the other day, and i went down the track, broke up a little so backed out, went outside the track to see if it was the tune, and all the sudden we noticed that the throttle position percentage on the AEM said 100%.

i checked the linkage and obiviously it wasnt that. looked at the wiring to the throttle position sensor and it seem all in tack and the wiring wasnt broken anywhere.

does anyone have any idea what this could be? did the sensor just sh*t out on me? or does someone think it is a setting in the aem that was accidentaly checked? also is there a test i can do on the sensor to see if it is the sensor that is broken...does it work on a grounding system? the more petal i give it the more it gets grounded? thanks for your help everyone!
p.s. i wasnt sure where to post this, so admin if there is a more appropriate area feel free to move it
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

might move this to the aem section prob get more help in there ... you can set your throttle tho in aem might check that out
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:34 AM

ok i am going to have to check that out because i think my tuner was messing with my 2step and nlts settings
Old Aug 25, 2010, 04:08 PM

ok well i thought that day maybe a setting was changed but it wasn't. i changed the map to a previous one, and it was still doing it. so in my mind it is either a sensor has gone bad or something is wrong with the wiring. anyone have any other ideas?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 07:38 PM

has no one ever run into this problem?!?!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've never seen this. Are you verifying the voltage is changing when stepping on the gas pedal?? Did you try recalibrating the throttle position??
Old Sep 9, 2010, 06:13 PM

there is like 5 wires coming out of it, i am not sure where to check if the voltage is changing. it isnt changing on the aem, and i have messed with the settings and still nothing. its really weird. i wish i could just swap a working one with mine and see if thats the problem before i go and drop $200 on one