Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Preventing a stolen Evo..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
its good info but you never know what some peoples intentions are. its BEST not to say anything. the less people know about your techniques the better. otherwise its just asking to be stolen.

when it comes down to it. there is no BEST way. but one thing is for certain... no fuel no go.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is disconcerting that an evo can be stolen that easy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Im actually surprised it's that HARD to steal one.

Good to know.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by littlewack
Love that a 5 step process is just posted to show how to take each of our cars..
Pretty sure the thieves knew how to take it before this was posted. I highly doubt that more Evos will go missing due to that post.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Swaggers
LOL. I would say a garage would be your best bet. Although, I've heard of vehicles stolen out of garages. If someone REALLY wants your car, they'll get it.
Ive got a total of 6 Nightvision cameras in and around my garage that record 24hrs a day 2 of them hidden. Plus my house is not far from the garage, I'm a light sleeper and a bit of an avid gun collector

Plus I have a two way camera/gps hidden in the car, security is my speciality
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:35 PM

Garage & .40mm
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

what i do is...

if i'm parking it in a sketchy area, before turning the car off i turn the wheel all the way one direction ( whichever i see fit, towards the curb or a pole ect. ) then shut the car off, move the wheel till it locks into the turn position and the throw the "club" on it. sure they can still steal things but at least i know i still most of it left over.

nothing is theft proof.

A thieve will take anything can, if its not the entire car, they can take radio, parts ect... Anything the can get a dollar for it gone.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This was my first purchase after buying my evo [
[/B]

PM me for more details
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Trunk monkey!!!!!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by suby2evo
This was my first purchase after buying my evo [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs[/B]

PM me for more details

That's awesome bro!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:34 AM

As someone else posted earlier in the thread, I'd highly suggest NOT to list details what you have OR plans on how.

I'd be happy to start another thread on the subject, but just wanted to throw this into the mix. I've always wondered how OR if tow companies would be of any part of auto theft. If you think about it, not too many people would think anything strange (other than the owner or someone relative to the owner) if a tow truck were to pull in front of a parked car, hook to the car, and take off. I live in a decent neighborhood, and while walking my dog at night, noticing tow trucks drive into the streets wondering what the actual intentions are. Are they there for a legitimate reason (most likely)? Are they here to "repo" a vehicle?? Or are they here doing recon work and planning for the easy "pick-up".

Just my .02
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Get a place with a garage
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:15 AM

trunk monkey had me dying

gd info tho, i now know that i need to up my security and not rely simply on the alarm alone. trunk monkey.....
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
I hope you don't mean the stock alarm, because the Evo doesn't have a stock alarm, only keyless entry
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bean4G63
Pretty sure the thieves knew how to take it before this was posted. I highly doubt that more Evos will go missing due to that post.
OK, so here's the deal...

20 years ago, I ran with some sketchy people, and let me give you some simple facts.

1. If they want your car bad enough... they will take it.

2. The Club DOES NOT WORK... Modern steering wheels are designed to bend during an accident, So you can easily bend the steering wheel around the club. Go ahead and kick your expensive MOMO steering wheel, and it will turn into an egg with one good kick.

3. Time is a crooks worst enemy. The longer he has to stay in a compromising situation, the less likely he's going to steel your car.

4. An alarm installed by a "professional" can be disabled and bypassed in under 2 minutes. (professionals make their money by being quick in the install, which is why 99% of them are all installed in the same place with easy quick disconnects)

5. Nobody listens to car alarms anymore... they hear them, and ignore them "Oh John, that damn kid's alarm is going off, a garbage truck must have gone by again"

6. Anything posted in this forum about stealing a car is already known by a car thief. AEM for making plug and play computers that bypass the transponder.

7. LoJack is a great thing (IF INSTALLED IN A RANDOM LOCATION AND NOT ADVERTISED) The cops will find your car in some crack-head's garage, or in some out of the way public parking spot (professional car thieves will leave the car in a lot for a day or two before taking it to a chop shop)

8. kill switches are great... if they are used and they are hidden. I personally like magnetic switches hidden behind a pannel.

Want my recommendations... Install a good alarm with the brain in a hidden location. Wrap the wires to the ignition switch to look like a factory harness. Use a battery backup siren mounted in a hard to get location under the hood. Use a kill switch in a hidden location. Use a digital tilt switch. Have the alarm fail to NO on the ignition harness. Make sure your hood has a trigger switch. Use LoJACK. Park in your garage at home, or in a very visible location when in public. And lastly... carry full insurance coverage.

Quick Reply: Preventing a stolen Evo..