Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Preventing a stolen Evo..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
use speed density + bigger set of injectors.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys do realize the thieves are probably on this forum right? The evo community is pretty small.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:37 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Seems like this thread comes up every six months or so...

Rule #1: Never share your security with anyone.
Rule #2: Layer your security
Rule #3: If they want it, they will get it.

The only device I know if that has never been defeated is the wheel boot. I used to use one on my ITR when I lived in San Diego.

Old Aug 29, 2013, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by justastockevo
use speed density + bigger set of injectors.

Is this true? Makes sense. I had a stupid shop rip out all my alarm equip only to find out it was a faulty cas. Considering getting a new viper system but I hear they're not really great. Still have my hidden kill switch though
Old Oct 18, 2017, 07:21 PM

I know this thread is old but I read some ways to avoid my car from getting stolen so I took some of the precautions I saw on here and my ca still got stolen. I had a club on the steering wheel and the break and clutch pedal every time I parked my car along with other measures so yeah the club is worth nothing hope this helps

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer
I cringe every time I see a thread asking about how people had their cars stolen for the simple fact that you never know what someones true motives are, not saying yours are ill but you know what I mean, and the people who are foolish enough to post exactly how their cars are stolen are simply helping the not so good intentioned people aka thieves so for those who said how it happened....

That being said I will not comment on how my car was almost stolen but I will provide ideas on what the best theft deterrents are IMO and in the opinion of the detective who worked on my case when my car was almost stolen.

1. The detective said in the 13+ years he has been assigned to the car theft dept. that never once has he seen a car get stolen that used the club. He did say that using the club is the key though because he has come across cars where the owners simply didnt use it and it was sitting right in the back seat of the stolen car.

2. Detachable steering wheel, BUT, you need to have this since you can simply pop another wheel on it... http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=467

3. Kill switches. Thieves are not going to sit there diagnosing your car to get it to start. If they cant get it quick then they will just walk away and not take the risk.

4. In car cameras. I read a thread on here about someone doing this and busting a group of kids who were messing up cars in the parking lot where he worked.

5. CarShield

6. Window Etching

7. LoJack or something like it NOT wired in the same spots they usually do it.

8. I cant recall what it is called but there is a type of hexagon style pin "key" that you use and place against the matching side of another "key" mounted in your car that has been custom wired to multiple and random wires in the cars harness that is near impossible to hot wire... Tried to Google it with no luck, I know its in a thread somewhere on this site also.

9. Warning stickers

10. Remove fuse(s) each time you park the car, I used to remove my ECU fuse in my Integra every time I went to work. It literally saved the car from being stolen, it didnt prevent the steering column from being smashed though. This is another one of those things that a thief wont spend time trying to diagnose

Those are just about the best things I can think of
Old Oct 18, 2017, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Metal.shifter and knob wired to alarm which sends 270 volts throught shifter when armed.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 04:17 AM

Going to have to agree with a lot of the posts... This thread is an open recipe book for thieves to get more ideas on the security measures EVO owners take, where to find them and how to disable them. Best bet is to keep your security features off the internet. Share them with nobody.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 09:23 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
its just a matter of slowing a thief down. Throw enough obstacles in their way and hopefully they will give up. The more creative you are with the obstacles the longer they will take to defeat. From a security perspective, the more common or popular something is the more likely a thief will know how to quickly defeat it. "The Club"....forget about it.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Security is all about installation. An alarm is only effective if it is hard to locate and disabling it disables the vehicle further.
I had a customer about 10 years ago that had their vehicle stolen 3 times with typical security system I stalls. We left the old system as a decoy and installed a new system with 4 disable circuits on different systems in different locations. We also made it so that if the decoy alarm was removed another disable was activated.
The car was stolen again a few months later and the owner called me in the morning ing very upset of course. She called me back 30 minutes later when she passed her car around the corner after getting a ride to work. The thieves disabled the siren amd shorted the parking lights to disable the alarm then used a slim jim to get in. They unplugged the of motion but couldn't start the car and the cops thought they tried to push start it before giving up and leaving it.
Plugged in the ignition and decoy alarm and the car started right up with some minor cosmetic damage to the car.
If you want to protect your car the typical $2-300 alarm install will do nothing to stop a good thief. We spent 2 days on a system that cost around $800 to make that car only go as far as you can push it. I think my evo is even more secure.