Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

*new* depo making replica JDM 7 taillights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Depo lights leak and get moisture inside them. You can fix it, but just be aware
Old Mar 23, 2014, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meh, I disagree. Maybe yours did, but to say they all do is inaccurate as I have had mine for 3 years and have had no leaking or moisture issues. Stop hating on Depo, just because you spent 3x as much for some Japanese flair. I splurge on parts, not plastic.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by REV.olution
Meh, I disagree. Maybe yours did, but to say they all do is inaccurate as I have had mine for 3 years and have had no leaking or moisture issues. Stop hating on Depo, just because you spent 3x as much for some Japanese flair. I splurge on parts, not plastic.
Calm down buddy. You must have gotten lucky then. They are very well known to leak.

I dont have depo lights, i buy real parts. Go back on ebay and find some more junk to put on your car
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

I wish they came with grommets
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Lol DEPO makes aftermarket head and tail lamp housing for countless makes and models and have been doing so for years.

It's no different then putting a gates, dayco belts, NGK plugs, a reman alternator/ starter.

No exp with EVO DEPO Tails however my GFs old Grand Cherokee had DEPO after market headlamps for 4 years. Never faded or leaked.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

That doesnt mean they dont leak and get moisture in them

I wouldnt expect anything less from evoM
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
So it's fine to put a **** ton of aftermarket parts on ones car. But not headlights or taillights unless they are OEM? That's a hell of an interesting perspective

3 folks have chimed in this thread alone stating they have not had leaking issues in years of service.

No real dog in this fight other than DEPO has been a "aftermarket replacement" head and tail company for years and years. No different than any other "aftermarket part" one installs on their car
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

So let me get this straight.... Theres no difference in aftermarket tail lights that get moisture in them(aka downgrade/wasted money/look terrible) and lets say aftermarket forged steel rods (aka upgrade/ actually providing benefits). Aftermarket parts are not all "aftermarket parts"

I see your point very clearly now
You even stated you have no experience with them on evos, so i cant understand what you are trying to prove

But its cool 3 people say they dont leak. I personally seen about 8 pairs have moisture in them. Even had a pair given to me and they leaked... Maybe its just me but i dont go cheap on parts to try to give my car a different look, but in reality it looks terrible and cheap.

And for the record, i never downed the lights. I said they leak (which is true) and even stated theres ways to fix it but you get people who wanna twist my words around like REV.olution and imply that i waste money on OEM parts
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
always going to be haters on the "fake parts" yeah I understand the whole fake wheel argument because they're not as strong but they're taillights man c'mon. I mean if we had the money, yeah we would go out and spend 500 bucks on a set of JDM OEM 7s, but this is a viable alternative to spending double for the same look
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Its not HATE at all actually.....its just a different mentality. I know theres a few people out there who understand and think the same way i do on these subjects. Since these cars just get cheaper and cheaper, the group gets smaller and smaller

I could careless what people do with their cars, but when the same people try to down the people for buying the OEM parts, thats just asinine. There is a difference, whether them same people want to believe it or not, thats on them

Last edited by EvoJoeIX; Mar 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

I think there's parts here. I On my way! the depos NAND they've been great for me and look great, you can't tell a difference. BUT if I was making the money I WISH I was then I would still not buy the real ones, is it because there better? Sure but they're not 3 times better as the price would indicate.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just got mine in
The following users liked this post:
Activ8 (Jan 2, 2023)
Old Mar 23, 2014, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

It seems like you are emotionally involved in this discussion maybe a little too much, its coming off like you're being very defensive. This always happens on this forum. One guy says A another guy says B and then they argue who is right. Who cares seriously. You hate the lights he loves the lights. Cool beans, who gives a crap what the other guy thinks. I will agree with you though that REV saying he would rather spend money on performance then looks was kinda a cheap shot.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evobros
Just got mine in
Isn't the bottom one supposed to be Orange? What kind of lights are those? They look pretty cool. Those are these depo ones or jdm?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by evobros
Just got mine in
Depo? If so, can you get a pic with the reverse lights on?

Quick Reply: *new* depo making replica JDM 7 taillights