Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Lights stopped flashing when locking doors!!??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lights stopped flashing when locking doors!!??

Hey ya'll, just wondering if anyone can help me here. I have a 06 evo ix and i recently took it in to get the recall done on the passenger airbag inflator module. Ever since then my car has been locking and unlocking itself when im close to the car with my key and fob in my pocket.

Its been about a week or two and i finally decided to get my other fob to see if it would work. It seemed to have stopped locking and unlocking on its own but now the lights wont flash when locking the car??? They only flash when i unlock it.

Anybody have any idea what this could be or how to fix it? There is a thin piece of plactic in between the fob that broke on my "faulty" fob and i think that was why it was acting funny cause ever since that plastic broke the fob can almost be pulled apart if it wasnt for the screw holding it together. The other fob is perfect and now i have the light issue..... Please help if you can, thanks!!!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
1. your first fob is broken, buy a new casing off ebay

2. read the owners manual, it tells you how to change the horn and light actions on lock and unlock. i don't know it off the top of my head but it involves holding down the lock or unlock buttons on the key fob