Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 08:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Please help!

So I was taking my radio out today, and as I was putting it back in, i went to test it out, and figured out only 1 speaker worked. So I took the radio back out, checked the connections, then I put the radio back in. When I did that, and put it in accessory mode the radio would turn on, but no sound would come out. Pulled it out again, checked everything, looked alright. Put it back in, then it won’t power on, no power to the clock, and my running lights are stuck on! I have no clue what to do and I’m totally lost.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 09:37 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
stock radio or after market?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
stock radio or after market?
Aftermarket
Old Nov 10, 2017, 09:51 PM

well for starters make sure its grounded. The factory harness does not have a ground wire in it, so when installing an aftermarket radio you have to run your own ground. When you took it out you might have unhooked this ground without noticing. It will be the black wire coming out of the back of the deck. The deck could be trying to ground through the dimmer causing the running light issue.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=Biggiesacks;11784656]well for starters make sure its grounded. The factory harness does not have a ground wire in it, so when installing an aftermarket radio you have to run your own ground. When you took it out you might have unhooked this ground without noticing. It will be the black wire coming out of the back of the deck.[/QUOTE

i did check the ground, it was alright. I was reading up on other threads, and it seems to in the fuse box under the hood, surrounded by a yellow clip/box/etc. It pulls up and you just replace the fuses with two new 10’s? I’m just assuming that might be it giving people having the same issues as me, but i guess we will see tomorrow
Old Nov 10, 2017, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by OneSlowEvo8
i did check the ground, it was alright. I was reading up on other threads, and it seems to in the fuse box under the hood, surrounded by a yellow clip/box/etc. It pulls up and you just replace the fuses with two new 10’s? I’m just assuming that might be it giving people having the same issues as me, but i guess we will see tomorrow
well yah check the fuses for sure, when you say you checked the ground do you mean with a multimeter? Also i updated my comment with what i think is probably happening to your lights.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=Biggiesacks;11784658]well yah check the fuses for sure, when you say you checked the ground do you mean with a multimeter? Also i updated my comment with what i think is probably happening to your lights.[/QUOTE

i did not, i just thought i might have pulled it out when pulling with radio out, I’m going to check that tomorrow. Hopefully it is the fuses.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 08:02 AM

Update: well i put new fuses in, all the ones that could’ve been the problem from the fuse box under the hood. Clock does work now, radio doesn’t work, and all parking/running lights are still on and i replaced that fuse too. I have no clue what’s going on.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 08:44 AM

use a multimeter to test +12v constant +12v switched and ground at the deck harness. If you unplug the radio do your running lights turn off? The fact that you had a blown clock fuse makes me think your harness is suspect. Was the deck ghetto spliced into the factory harness or is it using proper metra/scosche style adaptors?