Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

2014-2017 FUSE Radio integration

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Thanks.
i was looking around last night and it looks like someone made a torque plug in for Android auto, but it looked like a bit of work to get going. Something may come up in the future, I would bet there's a financial aspect to getting apps approved though.

Yeah I don't blame you, there's a lot of easier options out there. Him just a big fan of factory fit and finish, plus I like to do things others out of the ordinary just as a challenge, if not to inspire others thinking about weird stuff. Same thing with the outlander hitch for example; still haven't needed to use it, was just proving it possible
The following users liked this post:
lv05evo (Dec 17, 2018)
Old Jun 18, 2019, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 134 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by superbovine
Pardon the hella bad reflections on the bezel. It's still smooth like in the pictures last year, the lighting just was weird I guess.

From where does that sweet AF shifter console with 2 gauge pods come from? I need that exact thing.
Tree fiddy?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by osetsky
From where does that sweet AF shifter console with 2 gauge pods come from? I need that exact thing.
Tree fiddy?
Haha, thanks. I make my own stuff for things like that. I find most of the crap I want is too specific for any vendor to make and hope to sell for profit lol.

Old Jun 19, 2019, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Well...crap...so uh, I got a spare console, patience and money. You busy?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Well...crap...so uh, I got a spare console, patience and money. You busy?
Haha, it's not too hard really, and given the nature of plastics and fiberglass you can make infinite adjustments/retries if you aren't happy.
Just dive in: get yourself a old five speed shift console panel so you don't Jack yours up (any manual lancer will work too, even an auto lancer if you make your own shift boot holder), a couple flat mount gauge pods from eBay (I think I paid like $5 each), then some fiberglass mat and resin, Bondo and a crap load of sandpaper
If you were local I'd help ya out
osetsky (Jun 28, 2019)
Old Jun 28, 2019, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

I am having a terrible time figuring out exactly how it is you mount the HVAC controls themselves in the lower cubby. I have 2din kit and cut brackets butit seems like the tabs on HVAC itself are in the way to mount to anything/totally in the way. Do I gotta cut something...?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Its been awhile and I honestly can't remember apart from trimming the metal frame to clear the cables and linkage and I *think" removing the alignment "peg" on the right side (that the radio bracket would normally slide on).
If I get a chance I'll pull my trim panel off tomorrow and just verify I didn't modify the control head in any special way.
Be aware though that it doesn't snap in or anything like when its in the original location; when relocating it more or less floats there, the screws holding the trim panel on and the trim panel mounts are what make it sturdy.
osetsky (Jun 29, 2019)
Old Jun 29, 2019, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Okay, confirmed no modifications to control head tabs etc. Just the metal frame in the dash etc.

osetsky (Jun 29, 2019)
Old Jun 29, 2019, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Holy crap on a cracker, thanks man! Seriously, that one key tidbit is not in any of the how-tos I've seen. You just saved me so much grief! Woohoo!
Old Jun 29, 2019, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Holy crap on a cracker, thanks man! Seriously, that one key tidbit is not in any of the how-tos I've seen. You just saved me so much grief! Woohoo!
All good man
If you use a 3rd gen Eclipse or the shared Galant control head it will actually bolt up like a radio, but you have to rewire it, need donor plugs etc. This is easy, still looks stock-ish, and is suitably stout once everything is together.