Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Fuel guage issue with ic7

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 03:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
So I did have it right if that's pin 51 and then I changed it
Old Sep 28, 2022, 04:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Ok thank you for all that I am now wired. I had it correct before I swapped it out when I got home from work and swapped it back
ok so something is wrong says I have no fuel
Says I have .70v and nothing I do changes that. So empty tank and it's full.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 04:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
is the pull up enabled?

is that AVI4 voltage being read through the ic7 itself?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 04:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by SlowGTA
is the pull up enabled?

is that AVI4 voltage being read through the ic7 itself?
yes and yes

Idk if the voltage is correct or not. I need to get the fuel out of the tank to do so. But using the valutes you gave me thats what its reading. The only thing I can think of is maybe my bulletproof racing sending unit is different then the oem. I just thought of that. But if that were the case it would be different on the stock gauge as well. So I am missing something or somethin.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by CurseDSM
yes and yes

Idk if the voltage is correct or not. I need to get the fuel out of the tank to do so. But using the valutes you gave me thats what its reading. The only thing I can think of is maybe my bulletproof racing sending unit is different then the oem. I just thought of that.

could be.

best thing to do would be to drain the tank out and record the value, then record the value at each 3 gallon interval or so.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 04:58 PM
EvoM Guru

yeah I have made progress. I went to fuel level and did it by % instead of raw and put your values in and now I have .7v when I go back to raw and car is showing half a tank. So I think I am on the right track. Like you said I think I need to just drain the tank and start from there. Tomorrow I will swap the old cluster back in and see how much fuel I actually have according to the gauge and that will tell me how close I am on the IC-7. At least that will give me a rough idea so I can at least drive the car some till I can get some fuel to disappear.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 08:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Ok so after an cold eventful weekend at the shootout I wanted to update. I did run out of fuel once. Thankfully I noticed right away and was able to coast to the gas station and to the pump before my car lost momentum. I think my settings are wrong. I couldn't for the life of me to get voltages to match up to anything and then and this is the sad part a totally drunk buddy of mine was like i have no clue what I am doing and did something with the ICC software and was like try that and it worked. But with that said when I did run out of fuel I was down 4 gallons of fuel. Car only took 10 gallons and its been so long since I've put fuel in the car Idk what the normal was. I thought it had a 14 gallon tank or something like that. But needless it say it reads 99% full and at 48% it took about 6 gallons so its close. Wiring is spot on thanks for that and the help Slowgta it was much appreciated. Now I am back I can fiddle with it some more to make sure its pretty accurate and be able to drive it again and hopefully get it tuned soon.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 01:37 PM

glad its working out for you.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 01:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Yeah thanks for all the help. I just have to figure out the full and empty stuff again. It is just odd that I ran out of fuel with 4 gallons left in the car. My bulletproff racing double pumper must sit a bit higher then stock stuff.