Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HKS Electronic Idle Stabilizer (EIDS)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2004, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS Electronic Idle Stabilizer (EIDS)

HKS Electronic Idle Stabilizer ( or something like that...)

Can anyone tell me what this thing is exactly. I was told that if I got this thing, it would help out with the installation of my HKS RS Intake and any stalling issues that may be associated with it. I thought this thing was only for VTA BOVs. I'm not going to VTA, so I'm not concerned about that.

I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my HKS RS intake or sell it. (It's brand new still) It seems like a lot of negative things are said about most untuned intakes. Since I don't live near anyone I would trust enough to let them tune my Evo, I'm trying to decide if I want to install this intake or not. So, anything that would help alleviate issues with installing this intake would help me out a ton.

Thanks for any help....
Old Sep 30, 2004, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jdub24
HKS Electronic Idle Stabilizer ( or something like that...)

Can anyone tell me what this thing is exactly. I was told that if I got this thing, it would help out with the installation of my HKS RS Intake and any stalling issues that may be associated with it. I thought this thing was only for VTA BOVs. I'm not going to VTA, so I'm not concerned about that.

I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my HKS RS intake or sell it. (It's brand new still) It seems like a lot of negative things are said about most untuned intakes. Since I don't live near anyone I would trust enough to let them tune my Evo, I'm trying to decide if I want to install this intake or not. So, anything that would help alleviate issues with installing this intake would help me out a ton.

Thanks for any help....
you are having stalling problems after installing that intake ? i have the same intake and it was no problems... check this... make sure all your clamps are tight, make sure you attached your MAS really good and make sure all the hoses are connected, and disconnect your battery and then turn your key to start your car... that will drain whatever juice is left in the system, let it set for a few minutes and reconnect it and start, you shouldnt be stalling after just adding an intake you had to do something wrong or missed something. i have the stalling problems but it was after i added my BOV and the problem was there regardless if i VTA or recirc'd it... EIDS is for that reason not for the intake
Old Sep 30, 2004, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, EIDS won't help the HKS RS? I haven't installed the HKS RS yet. It's still brand-new-in-the-box collecting dust in my garage. I was debating whether I should install it or not. I've done quite a bit of work on cars before, so if I do install this thing, I will be extremely careful and thorough when installing it. I was just trying to gather some more information before I decide yay or nay on keeping the intake. It seems like I've heard about a lot of people having various issues with their aftermarket intakes, regardless of brand.

Originally Posted by bigric09
you are having stalling problems after installing that intake ? i have the same intake and it was no problems... check this... make sure all your clamps are tight, make sure you attached your MAS really good and make sure all the hoses are connected, and disconnect your battery and then turn your key to start your car... that will drain whatever juice is left in the system, let it set for a few minutes and reconnect it and start, you shouldnt be stalling after just adding an intake you had to do something wrong or missed something. i have the stalling problems but it was after i added my BOV and the problem was there regardless if i VTA or recirc'd it... EIDS is for that reason not for the intake
Old Sep 30, 2004, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have an aem intake and im taking it out. stalling issues, and i hate the loud woosh. that just me though.